Here's PennyBoy's Opportunity

PatsFanTX

Oh, here we go again.

Sounds just like last year's "The Pig is Ripe for Slaughter" threads.:eek:

How did that turn out?

The Jets finished 4-12 while the Pats (once again) won their 3rd straight AFCE title.

When will you guys learn to stop making these ridiculous predictions until the Jets can finally beat (or should I say, compete) with the Pats on the field?

Friggn' hilarious.

I made no predictions, just some observations.

The pigs are ripe for the taking.

Whether the jets capitalize on that opportunity remains to be seen.

We shall see.

I think the Jets take this game. It'll be a tough one, but because of the Patriots' lack of receivers the Jets will play 8-9 men in the box much more often, which will also help slow down Maroney and Dillon. We still need to get a more effective running game, or else Pennington will be less effective. If the Jets running game doesn't improve, look for Pennington's numbers to decrease, but probably only later in the season. This game could go to either team, but after last week's impressive performance, I gotta go with the Jets. Hopefully another game where Pennington outshines Brady. Vilma's going to get a sack.

Oh, here we go again.

Sounds just like last year's "The Pig is Ripe for Slaughter" threads.:eek:

How did that turn out?

The Jets finished 4-12 while the Pats (once again) won their 3rd straight AFCE title.

When will you guys learn to stop making these ridiculous predictions until the Jets can finally beat (or should I say, compete) with the Pats on the field?

Friggn' hilarious.

TX, the Pats were nothing special last year.

Chalk it up to injuries or whatever you want, but NE sucked against the better teams. Totally took advantage of a weak division and soft 2nd half schedule.

Most good teams not only beat the Pats but beat them soundly.

Not saying we are on your level yet but NE has a lot to prove this year just the same.

The Pats do not need to prove themselves to let us know that they are a team to be reckoned with. We all know that all too well, (and the pain that comes with it).

If Mangini wants to prove something and we all want to get away from this Herman Edwards era Jets team, beat the Pats, something we couldn't do then...and instead of gloating about it, go out and play hard in week 3.

Because there is no reason to celebrate one victory if you are going to lose the next 3.