GET THE PATS NOW!!!!!!!!!

TomShane

This is THE year to get the Pats, if we're ever going to get them, folks:

1) The loss of Romeo Crennel will be YOOJ (That's 'huge').

Crennel came out of the Parcells Giants machine, and was largely considered the driving force behind the ridiculous swagger of the LT-Harry Carson front seven that, if you remember, used to intimidate opposing teams before they even gt off the bus. Losing Crennel means that there is no true go-between between the players and Belichick. The secret to Belichick? Players despise him, but they respect him. It was Crennel who was able to communicate with the Pats D, not so much Belichick. Look for a MAJR step back here. Mangini may be good, and quick, but there will be, no doubt a huge adjustment period for him. He may know his X's and O's, but he'll have alot to learn about the politics of being Beli's coordinator. At some point this season, he'll look up and say "God damn, we have no talent out there!"

2) Weis is Gone

If you want to say that Tom Brady is a prodigy, and that Tom Brady will/would be great in any system, I beg you to go back and review Vinny Testaverde's season in 1998. 29 TD's, 7 picks, 101.6 passer rating. That's Vinny Testaverde that Weis was working with. The point? Weis makes lemonade out of lemons. Now, I'm not comparing Brady to Testaverde, all I'm saying is that Weis knows how to hide the weaknesses of his QB's. In fact, he's a master at it. That Pats offense wasn't exactly Air Coryell up there, and Brady isn't exactly Einstein under center. If Scarnecchia over-estimates how much Brady can handle, look out.

In short, now is the time to catch the Pats. It will be Belichick's show all the way up there, with no seasoned coordinators to help him out. Belichick is a genius though, so it shouldn't matter that he lost his coordinators, right? Assistants are interchangeable when you have a great HC, right? I say no--just ask Bill Parcells in Dallas.

FLAMER!

I see 10-6, buddy. 10-6!!!!!!!!!!!

That Pats offense wasn't exactly Air Coryell up there, and Brady isn't exactly Einstein under center. If Scarnecchia over-estimates how much Brady can handle, look out.

Yep, the Pats are doomed.

I see them slipping all the way to 13-3 next season.

That Pats offense wasn't exactly Air Coryell up there, and Brady isn't exactly Einstein under center. If Scarnecchia over-estimates how much Brady can handle, look out.

Yep, the Pats are doomed.

I see them slipping all the way to 13-3 next season.

So you admit the Pats will be much worse next season as well?

It seems to me (and I should know as a keen observer of the 3x in 4yr SB Champs) that as long as BB and TB are there (and healthy)the Pats should be a playoff team for years to come. Will there be a drop-off in wins this season? Probably. I mean, how do you keep this level of superiority going for three years in a row? :lol: Yeah, Pats could go 12-4 next year....

10-6 at BEST WOMAN!! AT BEESSSST!!!! :lol:

It seems to me (and I should know as a keen observer of the 3x in 4yr SB Champs) that as long as BB and TB are there (and healthy)the Pats should be a playoff team for years to come. Will there be a drop-off in wins this season? Probably. I mean, how do you keep this level of superiority going for three years in a row? :lol: Yeah, Pats could go 12-4 next year....

This is THE year to get the Pats, if we're ever going to get them, folks:

1) The loss of Romeo Crennel will be YOOJ (That's 'huge').

Crennel came out of the Parcells Giants machine, and was largely considered the driving force behind the ridiculous swagger of the LT-Harry Carson front seven that, if you remember, used to intimidate opposing teams before they even gt off the bus. Losing Crennel means that there is no true go-between between the players and Belichick. The secret to Belichick? Players despise him, but they respect him. It was Crennel who was able to communicate with the Pats D, not so much Belichick. Look for a MAJR step back here. Mangini may be good, and quick, but there will be, no doubt a huge adjustment period for him. He may know his X's and O's, but he'll have alot to learn about the politics of being Beli's coordinator. At some point this season, he'll look up and say "God damn, we have no talent out there!"

2) Weis is Gone

If you want to say that Tom Brady is a prodigy, and that Tom Brady will/would be great in any system, I beg you to go back and review Vinny Testaverde's season in 1998. 29 TD's, 7 picks, 101.6 passer rating. That's Vinny Testaverde that Weis was working with. The point? Weis makes lemonade out of lemons. Now, I'm not comparing Brady to Testaverde, all I'm saying is that Weis knows how to hide the weaknesses of his QB's. In fact, he's a master at it. That Pats offense wasn't exactly Air Coryell up there, and Brady isn't exactly Einstein under center. If Scarnecchia over-estimates how much Brady can handle, look out.

In short, now is the time to catch the Pats. It will be Belichick's show all the way up there, with no seasoned coordinators to help him out. Belichick is a genius though, so it shouldn't matter that he lost his coordinators, right? Assistants are interchangeable when you have a great HC, right? I say no--just ask Bill Parcells in Dallas.

Homer! :mrgreen:

Great post. I see a much tougher season for New England, but still a playoff season and a better than 50/50 chance at the division.

The AFC is pretty brutal next year. Our division is especially tough.

This is a potentially great site. Nice work.

What's up, Zep? Welcome aboard, bro. Sorry things didn't work out on the Tobin site. It's a good site with some quality dudes, but I guess SOME JI people are just a LITTLE TOO INTENSE and FILTHY. I'm not mentioning any names MAXMAN, but I hope we didn't cause you any trouble over there. Again, thanks for the invite, and please feel free to post all you want here.

What's up, Zep? Welcome aboard, bro. Sorry things didn't work out on the Tobin site. It's a good site with some quality dudes, but I guess SOME JI people are just a LITTLE TOO INTENSE and FILTHY. I'm not mentioning any names MAXMAN, but I hope we didn't cause you any trouble over there. Again, thanks for the invite, and please feel free to post all you want here.

You guys are some filthy,disturbed homo's. If fact this is all a front for your Gay Union. This is your version of McMillian & wife.

After the union is consumated the site will be changed to Maxman & wife.

God i need to go to church and confess my sins after coming to this board.

You guys are some filthy,disturbed homo's. If fact this is all a front for your Gay Union. This is your version of McMillian & wife.

After the union is consumated the site will be changed to Maxman & wife.

God i need to go to church and confess my sins after coming to this board.

Smizz, no lie, it took Max and dickkotite 4 minutes to disgust everybody on the Tobin board. They were practically planning a lynching for all of us.

As for going to the church after visiting this gay board, would you, by chance, be taking a shower first? winkwinkwink :lol:

I think this was an outstanding way to solve the JI problem. Congratulations and celebrations are in order. Kudos.

cork-pop.jpg

Smizz, no lie, it took Max and dickkotite 4 minutes to disgust everybody on the Tobin board. They were practically planning a lynching for all of us.

As for going to the church after visiting this gay board, would you, by chance, be taking a shower first? winkwinkwink :lol:

Naw, Maxman was well liked. Dicky/Limo on the other hand...

I predict this works out well.

• 17 years later...
15 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I'd love to say that enough time has passed to where I forgot how much of a douchebag that guy was, but he really was that bad.

he was fine. i'd take him over a few people on this board....but thats me. i have fond memories of the old crew from JetsInsider.