Hot ziggity dog, I cant predict Jets offensive plays anymore

SouthernJet

How great is that Jetfans,,

after 5 years of sitting in stands, bars or at home and literally predicting 80% of the upcoming plays.

I remarked last week that we all of a sudden I realized I was watching in anticipation of what may happen, not whay I knew would happen.

after 5 years of sitting in stands, bars or at home and literally predicting 80% of the upcoming plays.

I remarked last week that we all of a sudden I realized I was watching in anticipation of what may happen, not whay I knew would happen.

hahahaha, yea that is a good feeling, but honestly, you haven't seen enough of the playbook in action to really get a full spectrum of what there is, which is the obvious result of a TOTALLY different regime. I'm excited, but unless you were calling herms plays from day one, you need to give it a bit more time.

hahahaha, yea that is a good feeling, but honestly, you haven't seen enough of the playbook in action to really get a full spectrum of what there is, which is the obvious result of a TOTALLY different regime. I'm excited, but unless you were calling herms plays from day one, you need to give it a bit more time.

agree, i guess i meant i saw plays that made sense

even my wife was able to call them-she'd sit there when we were at like the 5 yard line saying "why do they keep running into that big pile?"-great football mind that she is and all

SJ and I were saying "run,run,run" toward the end of the game and 'lil Schott THREW the ball. I was upset - I was the OC of the Jets for 5 year and I guess I'm not anymore. :D

SJ and I were saying "run,run,run" toward the end of the game and 'lil Schott THREW the ball. I was upset - I was the OC of the Jets for 5 year and I guess I'm not anymore. :D

good point John,,

we were so brainwashed on horsecrap football for 5 years, we forgot what balls were when it came to play calling

hey Greenbeans does my wife FlaJetsgirl get a POTW nom on that or what?I need clarifications on the rules...

I've been cutting Mangini sound at work the past couple of weeks and I can't get over how good he is on the podium.

You can tell he prides himself in preparation, even before he takes the stand. He is an extremely intelligent man, confident, and will not be swayed, or waivered in any situation.

Did you also know he was in the same frat at wesleyan with bellichick? Bizzaro fact.

i was doing the exact same thing. after the long completion to coles i was saying "ok, fg range, now run the ball". i was just waiting for something to go wrong - sack, fumble, int, torn rotator cuff. as jet fans we have been conditioned to expect the worst and typically get it. i was extremely impressed with shott's playcalling on that last drive.

i was doing the exact same thing. after the long completion to coles i was saying "ok, fg range, now run the ball". i was just waiting for something to go wrong - sack, fumble, int, torn rotator cuff. as jet fans we have been conditioned to expect the worst and typically get it. i was extremely impressed with shott's playcalling on that last drive.

It was pretty, wasn't it. Nice to see the offense try to score a TD instead of settle for a FG. New era....

I couldn't agree more. I would use a different phrase than "hot ziggity dog" though.

It was all Hackett's fault! Hermy was innocent!

:rl:

Oh, If I could only just line all the Hermaphrodites up against the wall and shoot them!

Easy there, Mr. Hissy. You're speaking for me. I was just never as willing to hang one guy and one guy alone in either instance. It would be narrow of me to think it wasn't a systemic disease. And, just because I didn't hate Herm's guts doesn't mean I thought him guiltless in Spittsburgh or any other burgh or blameless in our downward spiral thereafter. With all due respect, I'll ask you not to pidgeon-hole, thanks. Sheese.

EXACTLY, new sheriff in town

It was all Hackett's fault! Hermy was innocent!

:rl:

Oh, If I could only just line all the Hermaphrodites up against the wall and shoot them!

A older Chinese politiciian on speaking to a American friend of his stated what happened in China right after the revolution. The Chinese decided to line-up all drug dealers, addicts and take them to public squares and shoot them in the back of the head.

The American friend told him that would never work in the U.S. He said the lawyers would petition the courts and stop it. The old Chinese politician stated 'Oh, we thought of that. We shot the lawyers first"

even my wife was able to call them-she'd sit there when we were at like the 5 yard line saying "why do they keep running into that big pile?"-great football mind that she is and all

I guess you're not a big fan of the second and ten and third and ten draw plays that Herman Edwards and Paul Hackett made famous here.

Anybody could be a better Offensive playcaller than Edwards and Hackett. Those two dunderheads knew absolutely nothing about offense.

Trust me, it ain't gonna make any difference what your "team" does on Sunday

Trust me, it ain't gonna make any difference what your "team" does on Sunday

Will you ever stop with this? I guess no, so I'll just ignore your posts. The offensive playcalling now is MUCH better than the Hackett/Herm era. We also know how to use the clock right. It's so...unpredictable...I never thought I'd use that word to describe a Jets game :yahoo:

Archived