Clasless board members

Tinstar2

• 15 years later...
On 7/2/2022 at 4:21 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Thanks Max.  This 2007 reference was a good one.  Back then the board overachieved big time.

Man that is true though, the board did overachieve big time. No Twitter, No Facebook. JetNation grew so much it put all the other boards out of business. Pretty cool.

I am like a soldier on an island after WWII. The webmaster war of 2007 is over but I refuse to believe it, still ready for a fight lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Maxman said:

Man that is true though, the board did overachieve big time. No Twitter, No Facebook. JetNation grew so much it put all the other boards out of business. Pretty cool.

I am like a soldier on an island after WWII. The webmaster war of 2007 is over but I refuse to believe it, still ready for a fight lol.

IIRC JN came to being after a few intrepid souls were run out of “the other place” because their pessimistic take on the state of the team offended prevailing sensibilities. I like to think of myself as the philosophical progeny of these legendary men and women. :D 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jgb said:

IIRC JN came to being after a few intrepid souls were run out of “the other place” because their pessimistic take on the state of the team offended prevailing sensibilities. I like to think of myself as the philosophical progeny of these legendary men and women. :D 

Technically that isn't true. I didn't have a pessimistic take. I only got in trouble for associating with @T0mShane.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Technically that isn't true. I didn't have a pessimistic take. I only got in trouble for associating with @T0mShane.

I have a feeling there were a lot of talks around dinner tables when Tom as in high school that went something like, “We don’t want you hanging out with him anymore he’s a bad influence…”