I can see the Pats dynasty ending soon.

TaborJet

This is not the Patsies of old.

No way should they win their home opener in a squeaker, then follow up with this performance against the AFCE's other cellar dwellers. How could they let a one-dimensional offense with a noodle-armed QB come back like that? The Pats should put these two teams away early, and them keep them away.

They should win the AFC East, since there isn't any real threats now that the overrated Dolphins stumbled out of the gate 0-2. But I don't see them getting far in the playoffs.

Just saying they didn't look as dominant as in recent years.

The dynasty is definitly over. The AFC East looks pretty weak right now - but the Pats have just enough left to get by at the moment. But both the Jets and Bills have young teams at the moment that will get much better by the end of the season. It seems to me that the Pats have forgotten what got them to the top and have become too cheap and too conservative when going after players. As a result the talent on the Pats roster has dwindled. They also do not look as well coached and schemed as they were in the past. It is still early in the season though so we shall see.

The dynasty is definitly over. The AFC East looks pretty weak right now - but the Pats have just enough left to get by at the moment. But both the Jets and Bills have young teams at the moment that will get much better by the end of the season. It seems to me that the Pats have forgotten what got them to the top and have become too cheap and too conservative when going after players. As a result the talent on the Pats roster has dwindled. They also do not look as well coached and schemed as they were in the past. It is still early in the season though so we shall see.

They looked plenty good enough to me while building a 24-0 lead.

We made 4-5 great plays to get back in the game, but they never lost control of it. Maybe they arent looking as dominating as they used to, but they will put up a bunch of Ws this season.

We made 4-5 great plays to get back in the game, but they never lost control of it. Maybe they arent looking as dominating as they used to, but they will put up a bunch of Ws this season.

The Pats of old do not let us back into that game.

The Pats of old were not unbeatable. They weren't they undefeated or the '85 Bears. Right now they are looking for answers at WR and working Maroney into the mix. Bottom line-they are 2-0 and if they peak at the right time I wouldn't want to be the team running into them in the playoffs.

Er, the Pats of 2003 were one of the most notable "cardiac teams" of the decade so far. They let teams back into games more than once, but they were "closers"

The Pats of 2004, sure. Yeah.

I'd say the truth is right around in the middle on this thread---- these are NOT the 03/04 Pats, at least not right now....

On the other hand they are as good of a team as the 2003 Pats were at this time at that point in the season. Whether they can match that improvement.... seems difficult.

I definitely think we miss Weis and RAC. I also think that at the moment we're a few solid players short (one solid LB, one starter CB, two decent 700-900 yd type WRs).

Is the dynasty over? No. Does it look like it is on the downside of the curve? Yes.

We'll see.

What are you guy's talking about? The Patriots never dominated teams. What made Brady and the Pats run so amazing is that they'd always just barely win, they'd always manage that last minute FG or TD drive to win a game. It's true they usually didn't blow leads, but that's because they pretty much never built them before. Their plan was always to keep the game close for 3 quarters and then win it in the 4th. This time they let up, but they still won it in the 4th anyway with that ridiculously clutch drive. Sure it didn't end with points (although Vinatieri woulda hit that to ice it) but it did take off enough clock to kill us. We need to be in the lead, that bastard Brady is too good in the 4th quarter.

Champ Bailey ended the pats dynasty.

They were never a dominant team. A very weak "dynasty" that will probably not be talked about 20 years from now. I know TX will still have "2005 Dynasty Lane" as his location though.

Three Super Bowls in four years.

20 years from now, the Pats will be remembered as the team of the decade. People will forget that they rarely blew teams out. They won't forget the three Lombardis.

This is disconcerting. I have to agree with Cane. :-s

The Patriots are not going anywhere. They are going to be contending up until Brady/Belichick retire. While the Jets and Bills are young as rsherry stated, so are the Patriots. I think LBer is the only unit that averages on the wrong side of 30. The Patriots are good and young. If they get some playmakers on defense in the mold of Tedy and Ty. They will be serious contenders as they were in 2003/2004.

If anything the events of the last week further show they have a plan in place and continue to follow it. Branch could have easily been resigned. However, for as good as he was, he is not worth top dollar money because he is not one of the elite receivers. The same could be said for Willie and AV. However, over paying Branch or signing two players ont he wrong side of 30 is not going to make the Patriots better in 2008 or beyond. Especially, if keeping them sends Koppen, Graham and Samuel packing.

Troll to win a title is hard. Brady and Belichick may never win another. However, it will not be for lack of trying. At least for the forseeable future, this team will be good. It might not be 14-2 good, but it will win more then 10 games most seasons as it is currently constructed and operated. The first two games have shown this. They have looked far from being champions, but it is still early. The 2001 and 2003 teams looked far from champions early. Even last year's team, looked lost in the sauce early, but by the end, all three teams were on rolls. Maybe last season will be the fate of Belichick and Brady more often then not, but I think over the next decade or so. They will string a run like 2001, 2003 and 2004 and close a season with a championship. Or three.

No way should they win their home opener in a squeaker, then follow up with this performance against the AFCE's other cellar dwellers.

Why do you clowns continue to think you have to win by 30 points to be a good team?

It doesn't matter if you win by 3 points or 30 points. A win is a win.

The Pats physically dominated the Jets yeasterday and that game was not any where as close as the score indicated. Two fluke TD's against the Pats made the score closer than it really was.

BTW, how many long, sustained scoring drives did the Jets hang on the Pats yesterday?

The answer is ZERO.

Nice to see one Jet fan who understand the game of football.;)

The Pats of "old" have have had their share of ugly wins....

That said, it was pure domination in the first half and that play by Cotchery completely changed the momentum of the game. The crowd was LOUD and you could tell the Jest players were feeding off of it. Great game.

Things of note:

Pats:

Brady must have a shoulder issue - his passes are off.

Matt Light is a mess.

I love Maroney

Chad Jackson looks like he could be for real.

The Pats DB's still havene't been tested.

Jets:

Your team is MUCH improved. Funny what a coach with a clue can do for you.

Coles is amazing

I won't speak of the non-existent running game.

Chad is NOT the QB to bring yo to the promise land. He's pin-point accurate, he poised, confident and tough as nails - and he floats every pass that is over 20 or so yards.

This is not the Patsies of old.

No way should they win their home opener in a squeaker, then follow up with this performance against the AFCE's other cellar dwellers. How could they let a one-dimensional offense with a noodle-armed QB come back like that? The Pats should put these two teams away early, and them keep them away.

They should win the AFC East, since there isn't any real threats now that the overrated Dolphins stumbled out of the gate 0-2. But I don't see them getting far in the playoffs.

Just saying they didn't look as dominant as in recent years.

it started last week, and it was obvious in 2nd half of Jet game,,

Pats have one year of a playoff run left, but even that will end with a 1st round loss

it started last week, and it was obvious in 2nd half of Jet game,,

Pats have one year of a playoff run left, but even that will end with a 1st round loss

This may be it but I think the stars are aligned in the Pats favor for this year.

Ind is Ind they will find a way out of the tournement. SD, Pitt, Cin and Baltimore probably have teams to compete with the Pats as far as talent. Pitt, Cin and Baltimore play each other 2. It's going to be very hard for any of those 3 teams to emerge with a bye and homefield. SD needs home field even though they may have the most talented team in the league. Marty Ball on the road in the NE with a young QB like Rivers isn't getting it done.

The Pats have a very easy schedule. They are likely to have a first round bye and home field throughout. That is a huge edge.

The Pats of "old" have have had their share of ugly wins....

That said, it was pure domination in the first half and that play by Cotchery completely changed the momentum of the game. The crowd was LOUD and you could tell the Jest players were feeding off of it. Great game.

Things of note:

Pats:

Brady must have a shoulder issue - his passes are off.

Matt Light is a mess.

I love Maroney

Chad Jackson looks like he could be for real.

The Pats DB's still havene't been tested.

Jets:

Your team is MUCH improved. Funny what a coach with a clue can do for you.

Coles is amazing

I won't speak of the non-existent running game.

Chad is NOT the QB to bring yo to the promise land. He's pin-point accurate, he poised, confident and tough as nails - and he floats every pass that is over 20 or so yards.

Not a bad analysis, but I'm not so big on the Chad is NOT the QB to bring us to the promised land. I agree that he probably isn't, but I think you just keep improving as much as you can everywhere you can. If the D is great, the run game is great, the recievers great then Chad can win the big one anyway.

Not a bad analysis, but I'm not so big on the Chad is NOT the QB to bring us to the promised land. I agree that he probably isn't, but I think you just keep improving as much as you can everywhere you can. If the D is great, the run game is great, the recievers great then Chad can win the big one anyway.

True.

Yet, your D is not great. Or the running game. The 2000 Ravens are a once a decade or every other decade flukish type of D. The Jets have not even shown any inkling of that type of production on D yet, much less the other facets the Ravens did (i.e. running game).

True.

Yet, your D is not great. Or the running game. The 2000 Ravens are a once a decade or every other decade flukish type of D. The Jets have not even shown any inkling of that type of production on D yet, much less the other facets the Ravens did (i.e. running game).

True, but we aren't making the big show this year. It's a rebuilding year. I remember that even though we beat the Titans and were close against the Pats. I'm not set with Penny, I just say make the best bang for the buck improvements. If he's the last man standing, so be it.

the Old Pats team would have destoyed the jests specially with jets having no running game, the pats secondary is poor and they will have trouble with the good teams.

that said pats win the division at 12-4 as phins outright just suck and jills and jests are a year away from being true contenders

Archived