Dwayne Robertson-not good-the "B' Word

Bugg

I realize he wasn't drafted to play the 3-4. Still, the guy is right now uterly useless against the run and doesn't get much of an up the middle rush vs. the pass. He was on the bench for msot of the 2nd half,so clearly the CS doesn't think much of him. Plain and simple, to justify his pick and salary he has to break up some plays. It isn't happening.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't know how people can disparage any player on the defense

the offense couldn't do a damn thing until down by 24

the punter shanked a 9 yarder that gave NE 7 points

they didn't lose yesterday because of the defense

out of all the three phases the defense was the most solid

They ran right up the middle of our D all day. A good D would not have allowed 7 after the shank and they would have stopped them running up our gut in the 4th quarter.

DRob is now a "Hold the Fort" player. He isn't a complete bust but he is vastly over paid for what he is bringing to the table. He is going to take a huge cut in pay or be gone in the near future.

Just b/c they didnt lose the game for us doesnt make them immune from criticism. That D gave up chunks of yardage in the first half, and couldnt stop the Pats from moving down the field when the game was on the line.

They gave 150 rushing yards and got no pass rush except for one or two plays. They are fair game for constructive criticism.

oh and by the way it's called a rotation

neither Moore nor Robertson have the stamina to play every single defensive down so it's a non-issue

Your correct about the stamina, but Moore did play a lot better on the nose then Robinson, and for a lot cheaper.

This is the way it will be for this year.

i believe Robinson's cap hit is upsided next season if released late. Think he will be gone.

Actually I think it would help if the Jets play more 4-3 until they get the proper people for the 3-4

bit, great comeback as to why DFat is not a bust.:eek:

[salt----->Wound]Can any Jets fan tell me with a straight face that they would not trade Dewayne Robertson for Ty Warren straight up right now?

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Warren's had a really, really nice pair of games this year--- he's been good the last two years, even as Jets fans belittled him as a JAG.... this year he's almost got a breakout vibe to him...

Although, admittedly, we did trade two 1sts and a 4th for Warren, while you got your half your current starting secondary and a 1st round nose tackle with the picks you saved by not moving up. You saved money too.

Oh wait, that was us.[/salt----->Wound]

I am so sorry that things are not working out. Maybe he will turn it around. Good luck to you.

Drob is 75% bust right now. Almost 100%, but not yet.

He was awful yesterday. The pats ran right at him for 5 or 6+ yards everytime.

He is not a nosetackle. This will be his last year as a Jet.

He'll be cut after the season or if we're lucky, we can trade him for a 3rd rd pick.

He'll be cut after the season or if we're lucky, we can trade him for a 3rd rd pick.

yes...thankfully the raiders ARE still a pro team

I don't know what we could get for him, but he does have trade value; his '07 salary is only $2.5M and whatever team that trades for him can either (a) cut him after that, or (B) extend him. No one's paying him the $6.8M base salary he's due in '08.

The thing is, I don't think we get much cap relief by cutting him after this year. So if we can't secure a trade, we may be better off with him as a backup DE here for '07.

oh and by the way it's called a rotation

neither Moore nor Robertson have the stamina to play every single defensive down so it's a non-issue

Geeez Bitonti, you're making me dizzy with all the spin you are putting out there. D-Rob is a bust, plain and simple. The guy was never that good in a 4-3 and he certainly is useless in a 3-4. We've done a pretty good job purging the Bradway mistakes so far, looks like D-Rob will be the next casualty next season. Thank goodness.

When you are the 4th pick in the draft and the team used extra picks to move up to get you the expectations are simple- you have to be a impact player and Robertson certainly fails that test.

I agree with you faba, what a clever, insightful thought out post. have a nice day.

I'm kiddin. d'rob is to nose tackles as faba is to jetnation. a bust who brings nothing to the table. when you're handpicked by the administrator as a moderator the expectations are simple- you have to be an impact poster & you have failed................had ya worried for a sec though didn't I

;)

I agree with you faba, what a clever, insightful thought out post. have a nice day.

I'm kiddin. d'rob is to nose tackles as faba is to jetnation. a bust who brings nothing to the table. when you're handpicked by the administrator as a moderator the expectations are simple- you have to be an impact poster & you have failed................had ya worried for a sec though didn't I

;)

Joewilly what I bring to the table could never be told in public.

Bit, how many 3rd and longs did you stand up, scream, pound the back of the chair in front of you-

Only to once agains sit down, dejected?

Everybody talks about going for it on 4th down and thats why we lost. No, if the defense just stopped the Pats once on third and long (never mind 3rd and short), maybe the Jets pull it out.

Geeez Bitonti, you're making me dizzy with all the spin you are putting out there. D-Rob is a bust, plain and simple. The guy was never that good in a 4-3 and he certainly is useless in a 3-4. We've done a pretty good job purging the Bradway mistakes so far, looks like D-Rob will be the next casualty next season. Thank goodness.

Bryan Thomas says hi.

What should be really addressed is , why does Mangini insist on using the 3-4 defense , when he has the personnel for the 4-3? Why not mix both?

Mangini keeps saying that he will be playing to the strenghs of his players, but it's just talk. Robertson and Vilma are suited for the 4-3 and it is my belief that the defense would be a lot better against the run, if the 4-3 was used.

Cmon folks the Jets offense was limp and futile for 40 minutes of football and you guys are piling on a 24 year old DT because he's not living up to your expectations?

All are the same crew who called and still call Bryan Thomas a bust - the guy who had a sack week 1, recovered a fumble, blocked a field goal in week 2... and he's a bust to Jets fans.

We can sit here and call out just about every defensive player by name - alot of them didn't produce, especially on that final drive. LB Jon All World Vilma was kinda ordinary - what about the impact plays of well paid DE Sean Ellis? I counted 1. by the high standards of Jets fans Kerry Rhodes was the only guy who brought his lunch pail.

You want to know the truth? The defense played well enough to win if the offense had showed up at all.

Tom Brady is a HOF QB in the prime of his career you don't want him to have a chance to end the game with 9 minutes left - cause he will do it.

You don't spot the Pats 3 and a half touchdowns without scoring 1 point.

You can't beat the Pats with NO running game. You can't beat the Pats without converting on 3rd down and 4th and short.

None of this has anything to do with the defense or Dewayne Robertson - it's scapegoating.

I call it like i see it - Defense didn't lose that game. Offense and Specials were atrocious. Defense actually kept them in the game with turnovers.

Sooner or later people will wake up and realize this guy is 24 and the DT market is a joke. Throwing starting players to the trash pile because they didn't live up to the fans' wildest expectations before this players 25th birthday is a laughable notion. NO he's not living up to the hype of 2 firsts and a 4th but he's no bust. There's a difference, call it spin if you like. The fact remains he's ridiculously young and underrated by most - who watches the DTs here? No one that's who. Those who watch know that D_Rob has the capability to affect the game in ways not directly reflected in the stat sheet.

Well.

Its really simple.

People call it like they see it. Are we all defensive geniuses watching and evaluating every nuance of DRob's plays? No.

But people saw what they saw. NE running up the middle time and time again for decent yardage, all of a sudden remove DRob, insert Moore, boom, dramatic improvement, at least to the casual observer, and people are just calling that out.

I dont consider DRob useless, but it seems clear he isnt gonna be a star in this league.

Cmon folks the Jets offense was limp and futile for 40 minutes of football and you guys are piling on a 24 year old DT because he's not living up to your expectations?

All are the same crew who called and still call Bryan Thomas a bust - the guy who had a sack week 1, recovered a fumble, blocked a field goal in week 2... and he's a bust to Jets fans.

We can sit here and call out just about every defensive player by name - alot of them didn't produce, especially on that final drive. LB Jon All World Vilma was kinda ordinary - what about the impact plays of well paid DE Sean Ellis? I counted 1. by the high standards of Jets fans Kerry Rhodes was the only guy who brought his lunch pail.

You want to know the truth? The defense played well enough to win if the offense had showed up at all.

Tom Brady is a HOF QB in the prime of his career you don't want him to have a chance to end the game with 9 minutes left - cause he will do it.

You don't spot the Pats 3 and a half touchdowns without scoring 1 point.

You can't beat the Pats with NO running game. You can't beat the Pats without converting on 3rd down and 4th and short.

None of this has anything to do with the defense or Dewayne Robertson - it's scapegoating.

I call it like i see it - Defense didn't lose that game. Offense and Specials were atrocious. Defense actually kept them in the game with turnovers.

Sooner or later people will wake up and realize this guy is 24 and the DT market is a joke. Throwing starting players to the trash pile because they didn't live up to the fans' wildest expectations before this players 25th birthday is a laughable notion. NO he's not living up to the hype of 2 firsts and a 4th but he's no bust. There's a difference, call it spin if you like. The fact remains he's ridiculously young and underrated by most - who watches the DTs here? No one that's who. Those who watch know that D_Rob has the capability to affect the game in ways not directly reflected in the stat sheet.

Bitonti,

no one is arguing that there are not other glaring weaknesses on the team. The point is D-Rob is one of the many glaring weaknesses. He was last year as well in the 4-3, as well as the year before that. He doesn't stuff the run, he doesn't get to the QB. What does he do exactly? Oh wait that's right, he "ties up" the O lineman who is blocking him. You see it that way, I see it as him not being able to shed the block in the first place. The fact that the DT market is not very fruitful at the moment does nothing to detract from the fact that DRob is a JAG, and when you pay 2 1sts and a 4th for a JAG that qualifies him as a major bust. Bryan Thomas was drafted and never saw the playing field. I never called him a bust, I was more pissed that TB decided to blow a 1st rounder on a guy who would spend 4 years as a backup DE. He hasn't yet proven he's not a bust, but the fact that he hd very little playing time gives him a pass from being a but. DRob has no such excuse.

Food for thought:

13th pick: SS Troy Polamalu is available

22nd pick: RB Willis McGahee or Larry Johnson are available

Just stirring up the s--- storm.

Just to downgrade that storm to a depression,I am 99.9% certain it was revealed that had we stayed put,we would've gone William Joseph at 13 and Nick Barnett at 22

Archived