Dwayne Robertson-not good-the "B' Word

Bugg

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DRob is a JAG, and when you pay 2 1sts and a 4th for a JAG that qualifies him as a major bust. Bryan Thomas was drafted and never saw the playing field. I never called him a bust, I was more pissed that TB decided to blow a 1st rounder on a guy who would spend 4 years as a backup DE. He hasn't yet proven he's not a bust, but the fact that he hd very little playing time gives him a pass from being a but. DRob has no such excuse.

JAGs do not with AFC D-POTW as a 23 year old

Chad won AFC O-POTW last week - is he a JAG?

not to mention the fact that Bryan Thomas is finally making waves at the ripe old age of 26... Jets fans gave up on James Farrior as well too early.

Calling a guy JAG and a BUST when he's just turned 24 is just a little too jumpy for my tastes.

not to mention the fact that Bryan Thomas is finally making waves at the ripe old age of 26... Jets fans gave up on James Farrior as well too early.

Calling a guy JAG and a BUST when he's just turned 24 is just a little too jumpy for my tastes.

Mike Nugent is a bust around these parts as well bit, didn't you know that....it's NY, why should we let a player develope?:yawn:

I'm hearing whispers about DBrick too.....he's starting as a rookie, why cant he just road grade already:yawn:

What should be really addressed is , why does Mangini insist on using the 3-4 defense , when he has the personnel for the 4-3? Why not mix both?

Mangini keeps saying that he will be playing to the strenghs of his players, but it's just talk. Robertson and Vilma are suited for the 4-3 and it is my belief that the defense would be a lot better against the run, if the 4-3 was used.

Great point, and I think they are going to be stubborn and cling to using the 3-4 even though the personnel right now is better suited to a 4-3.

Find me one fan who "gave up" on Farrior? Farrior was a good LB when he was here, and became a great one once he left. The only reason he isn't here is because DuhHerm and TB felt he wasn't a good fit for their Cover Who scheme.

DRob has had one good game as a pro thrown in with many, MANY, bad ones. He has a knee that is likely going to knock him out of football before he ever his so called potential, and quite frankly if he is to show any improvement at this point it would go from terribly dissapointing to adequate. All things equal there isn't an NFL team out there that would even give up a 3rd rounder for the guy.

Find me one fan who "gave up" on Farrior? Farrior was a good LB when he was here, and became a great one once he left. The only reason he isn't here is because DuhHerm and TB felt he wasn't a good fit for their Cover Who scheme.

DRob has had one good game as a pro thrown in with many, MANY, bad ones. He has a knee that is likely going to knock him out of football before he ever his so called potential, and quite frankly if he is to show any improvement at this point it would go from terribly dissapointing to adequate. All things equal there isn't an NFL team out there that would even give up a 3rd rounder for the guy.

The grass is not always greener on the other side.

The degenerative knee is a figment of some writer's imagination until proven otherwise. I've yet to hear anyone with any credibility confirm this condition.

He has had more than 1 good game - and truth be told wasn't the reason they lost this weekend.

Seems to me people want a convenient scapegoat, just cause the guy isn't flying around the field like the next Darrell Russell doesn't mean he is a bust. DT in general is a very hard position to evaluate on stats alone and Drob brings alot of good qualities to the position. Like i said he isn't playing up to his pre-draft hype and he isn't proving worth all those picks but still he's a player with value. Just because you and other fans refuse to concede that point doesn't make it so.

The grass is not always greener on the other side.

The degenerative knee is a figment of some writer's imagination until proven otherwise. I've yet to hear anyone with any credibility confirm this condition.

He has had more than 1 good game - and truth be told wasn't the reason they lost this weekend.

Seems to me people want a convenient scapegoat, just cause the guy isn't flying around the field like the next Darrell Russell doesn't mean he is a bust. DT in general is a very hard position to evaluate on stats alone and Drob brings alot of good qualities to the position. Like i said he isn't playing up to his pre-draft hype and he isn't proving worth all those picks but still he's a player with value. Just because you and other fans refuse to concede that point doesn't make it so.

bit - be honest, in 2 games this season who has done a better job at NG, moore (signed off the scrapheap) or robertson (2 1sts and a 4th)?

You want to know the truth? The defense played well enough to win if the offense had showed up at all.

You've got to be kidding me.

That defense that played so well gave up 24 points with 10:00 to go in the 3rd quarter.

That defense that played so well gave up 147 yards on the ground.

And that defense that played so well couldn't come up with a 3-and-out in crunch time if their life depended on it.

If you think that was a good defensive performance on Sunday, you'll be in for a very long season.

And BTW, DFat completely stunk up the joint.;)

bit - be honest, in 2 games this season who has done a better job at NG, moore (signed off the scrapheap) or robertson (2 1sts and a 4th)?

Moore comes in for spot duty and flashes for 3 or 4 of a total of maybe 15 snaps a game - and that's great - but DRob handles the other 40 snaps and until those proportions are reversed Moore is nothing more than a good rotational player.

I will agree he DRob is not suited for the 3-4 NT but let's be real Kimo is 35 going on 100 they are going to need another 3-4 DE sooner rather than later. That's where i see Drob playing in the future not necessarily at NT.

You've got to be kidding me.

That defense that played so well gave up 24 points with 10:00 to go in the 3rd quarter.

That defense that played so well gave up 147 yards on the ground.

And that defense that played so well couldn't come up with a 3-and-out in crunch time if their lefe depended on it.

If you think that was a good defensive performance on Sunday, you'll be in for a very long season.

And BTW, DFat completely stunk up the joint.;)

i was somewhat surprised at how poorly the jets adjusted to the pats run. it was almost reminiscent of the ted cottrell days when the jets would allow a team to continue to run the same play all the way down the field. i think people look at the final 20 minutes of the game and forget how pathetic the jets looked during the 1st 40. that game was never in question and the jets looked pathetic for 1/2 of the game. pathetic.

And that defense that played so well couldn't come up with a 3-and-out in crunch time if their life depended on it.

the way i see it that's Brady being Brady - period.

There's no defense in the world can stop Tom Brady when he's hot like that. He got hot on that last drive it's not an excuse it's just a playmaker making plays.

the fault isn't of the defense it's of the rest of the team that put them in that situation.

Not putting up a point until there was 25 mins of football left, down by 24 that's a tough situation to be in.

Im not going to say the defense was perfect but like i said the defense played well enough to win on Sunday - if the offense had done anything besides punt it 5 times in the first half maybe they wouldn't have had to be put in the situation of stopping a HOF QB in the prime of his career as he iced the game.

I don't care if you have the Purple People Eaters out there, Tom Brady is converting those plays with the game on the line most of the time.

i was somewhat surprised at how poorly the jets adjusted to the pats run. it was almost reminiscent of the ted cottrell days when the jets would allow a team to continue to run the same play all the way down the field. i think people look at the final 20 minutes of the game and forget how pathetic the jets looked during the 1st 40. that game was never in question and the jets looked pathetic for 1/2 of the game. pathetic.

Fo,

It's kind of tough to make any kind of adjustments when the Pats OLine was physically dominating the Jets DLine.

The Jets knew what was coming, but the DLine continued to get blown off the LOS the entire game.

There's no defense in the world can stop Tom Brady when he's hot like that. He got hot on that last drive it's not an excuse it's just a playmaker making plays.

Speaking of that last drive, why was Vilma playing 8 yards off of Kevin Faulk on that 3rd and 6?

In that situation, getting the 1st down (and keeping the clock moving) was just like getting a TD.

Fo,

It's kind of tough to make any kind of adjustments when the Pats OLine was physically dominating the Jets DLine.

The Jets knew what was coming, but the DLine continued to get blown off the LOS the entire game.

what i am surprised about is that the jets didn't make an adjustment with alignment or scheme to bolster the middle of the d-line. it appeared that they were content to allow NE to rip off 6 yds a play right down the field.

Speaking of that last drive, why was Vilma playing 8 yards off of Kevin Faulk on that 3rd and 6?

Dude, haven't you been paying attention? The reason why is because Jon Vilma is a bust. Yes it's true he's a bust. The defense didn't stop NE hence he's a bust.

Santana Moss was a bust right before he went off to Washington and made the pro bowl.

Shaun Ellis was a bust right before he broke out with 10 sacks.

Chad was a bust, then he was good, then he was a bust again, now he's good again - stay tuned!

fact of the matter every good player the Jets have ever had in the last 10 years - has been considered a Bust at one time or another on internet message boards.

Dude, haven't you been paying attention? The reason why is because Jon Vilma is a bust. Yes it's true he's a bust. The defense didn't stop NE hence he's a bust.

Santana Moss was a bust right before he went off to Washington and made the pro bowl.

Chad was a bust, then he was good, then he was a bust again, now he's good again - stay tuned!

fact of the matter every good player the Jets have ever had in the last 10 years - has been considered a Bust at one time or another on internet message boards.

Who said anything about Vilma being a bust?

I just wanted to know why he was playing 8 yards off Faulk on a 3rd and 6.

Who said anything about Vilma being a bust?

I just wanted to know why he was playing 8 yards off Faulk on a 3rd and 6.

im saying it

the guy is supposed to be a pro bowler - why didn't he make more plays? why didn't they win the game? huh???

the Jets lost hence Jon vilma sucks. I can't believe they gave up a 12 overall pick for this guy

not for 3-4 years straight after getting enough playing time to prove otherwise.

Ellis was never a bust until Herm moved him to DT after an 8-sack rookie year at DE

Moss was never a bust as soon as Herm let him play. He was solid in '03; Chad hardly threw to him deep in '04 even when he was open.

Chad was never a bust. He just wasn't worth the ridiculous contract he was given.

DRob is a bust for what we gave up in terms of draft picks, and then in what he cost us on the salary cap. Simply being able to point out BIGGER busts does not mean he ceases to be one. We have DRob instead of 2-3 other starters.

That's like saying that Baltimore didn't suck last year because they weren't as bad as Houston.

im saying it

the guy is supposed to be a pro bowler - why didn't he make more plays? why didn't they win the game? huh???

the Jets lost hence Jon vilma sucks. I can't believe they gave up a 12 overall pick for this guy

BNitonti, nobody said DRob cost us the game this weekend, so your Vilma analogy is just plain silly. What we accurately and correctly said is DRob is the highest paid DT in the league but plays like and average JAG. A simple truth you can't ignore.

DROB was way overhyped going into that draft and will never live up to the expectations of that trade up. While the draft niks were comparing him to warren sapp they should have realized that DTs with short arms, like DROB, are very rarely good pass rushers in teh NFL. It just doesnt happen. Terry Bradway fell in love with his 40 time and his first step off the ball.

But this doesnt mean the guy is a total scrub either. Put DROB in the 4-3 with another solid NT next to him, like Rashad Moore, and he is very effective against the run. His performance in 2004 proved that. Donnie Henderson couldnt stop raving about his performance all year. DRob is just a bad fit in the 3-4. The kid wants to shoot up field, not play gaps. Bottomline.

when Jon vilma says on those commercials "we must protect this house" i don't think he really meant it - if he meant it they wouldn't give up an 8 minute drive in the 4th quarter.

I am being sarcastic for a reason:

the defense played well enough to win on most days

the offense didn't bring it until it was too late

also the punter made a mistake that was worth 7 points

we can sit here and call out names of defenders who are over paid but I stand by my observations - defense didn't lose that game

defense didn't lose that game

FIRST QUARTER NWE NYJ

TD 9:24 Corey Dillon 1 Yd Run (Stephen Gostkowski Kick)

Drive: 11 plays, 82 yds, 5:51 7 0

SECOND QUARTER NWE NYJ

FG 1:45 Stephen Gostkowski 20 Yd

Drive: 12 plays, 87 yds, 4:00 10 0

TD 14:46 Chad Jackson 13 Yd Pass From Tom Brady (Stephen Gostkowski Kick)

Drive: 5 plays, 50 yds, :47 17 0

THIRD QUARTER NWE NYJ

TD 6:03 Laurence Maroney 1 Yd Run (Stephen Gostkowski Kick)

Drive: 7 plays, 45 yds, 2:28 24 0

In 36:03 of that game, the defense gave up 24 unanswered points.

Do you think the Jets have the Colts offense or something?????

The defense lost that game on Sunday.

In 36:03 of that game, the defense gave up 24 unanswered points.

Do you think the Jets have the Colts offense or something?????

The defense lost that game on Sunday.

note that the defense tightened up after the offense woke up

these units are not disconnected

if the offense provides no momentum it's awfully hard to play defense

we can look at the best defenses of all time - the 85 Bears, the 00 Ravens, the 02 Bucs - what did they all have in common? An offense that managed to put up enough points to keep momentum going, keep the defense off the field and (at home) keep the crowd in it

we can sit here like jackasses and say GEE WHIZ if only the defense never let up any points they would win every game by shutout however this is the NFL points will be scored, especially by HOF caliber Qb's - it's up to the offense to respond - or better yet - score first and let the defense play with a lead.

I'm rooting for d'rob but he doesn't look like he'll live up to what we spent for his services anytime soon.

I'd like to see Mangini mix it up with 4-3 & see what happens. It would also help raise d'robs stock for a trade to another team. It's just too important to stop the run in the nfl.

I just can't imagine why mangini isn't using both the 4-3 & 3-4.

note that the defense tightened up after the offense woke up

Did you even bother to watch the game on Sunday?

Exactly how did the defense "tightened" up after the offense woke up?

Once it was 24-0, the Pats only had 3 more possessions in the entire game.

The first one, ended when Brady underthrew Gabriel who had 2 steps on double coverage.

On the next possession, Rhodes comes out of no where and decapitates Brady.

And finally (you must have been taking a leak when this occured), the Jets are within 7 points and the Pats begin on their own 30 yard line with 9:14 remaining in the game.

A good defensive stand (by a defense that you said tightened up) and the Jets get the ball back with the momentum and a real chance to tie the game.

But your defense sucked. Brady converted on three 3rd down situations and took the clock down to 1:14.

That my friend, is what you call a pathetic performance in crunch time by your defense.

Did you even bother to watch the game on Sunday?

i was actually at the stadium watching live thanks for asking

you can say whatever you want - you can't just gloss over the fact the defense got two turnovers after the offense woke up. it happened.

the offense has to play better and not get shut out for 2 and a half quarters - if you are saying the defense was bad... then by your standards the offense was pathetic

bottom line you can put the steel curtain out there if the situation is Tom Brady up by a TD and any points will ice the game that's a bad situation for any defense to be in

im happy enough with the defense - could they have played better? Absolutely - but this loss isn't on their shoulders.

I'm rooting for d'rob but he doesn't look like he'll live up to what we spent for his services anytime soon.

I'd like to see Mangini mix it up with 4-3 & see what happens. It would also help raise d'robs stock for a trade to another team. It's just too important to stop the run in the nfl.

I just can't imagine why mangini isn't using both the 4-3 & 3-4.

He does, quite a bit actually. There are numerous occasions of 4 down lineman in the game. The problem is with exception of Ellis and von Olhoffen, those 4 down lineman are not very good.

i was actually at the stadium watching live thanks for asking

you can say whatever you want - you can't just gloss over the fact the defense got two turnovers after the offense woke up. it happened.

the offense has to play better and not get shut out for 2 and a half quarters - if you are saying the defense was bad... then by your standards the offense was pathetic

bottom line you can put the steel curtain out there if the situation is Tom Brady up by a TD and any points will ice the game that's a bad situation for any defense to be in

im happy enough with the defense - could they have played better? Absolutely - but this loss isn't on their shoulders.

2004_1137.JPG

TX, I have to agree ,this is what killed us (the 3 third downs) with plenty of time on the clock to tie the game. and we choked

That's exactly what I'm saying.

If the Jets D could have stopped the Pats on just one of those 3rd downs, the Jet O would have gotten the ball back with plenty of time.

But, bit seems to think the Jets defense "tightened" and played well enough to win.:eek:

Archived