Should I dump Hines Ward?

JerryK

Man I was all proud I got him, but he's becoming a real boat anchor. I could have won my matchup this week if he'd just caught 90 yards and 1 td. I think he dropped 100 yards worth of passes.

There isn't really anyone I can pick up instead of him, just wonder if his output to date is really HIM or if it's just their opponents.

-j

Hey, it was a rough night for both offenses last night. The problem with Ward, and why I avoided him in all three of my leagues, is that PITT is VERY MUCH a run oriented team. You will find streaks where he has a big game here or there, but the best blocking wr in the league will never be a top #1 wr. Also, I saw Miller as eating into his production big time, in my opinion he was the wr to target from that team if you have to start a TE and didn't want to pony up for one of the top 3. Those short dumps and mismatches they are going to exploit with that kid are going to further hurt Ward.

I would say if you have a top 5 wr as your #1, hang onto ward for now, he is a very good #2, especially if there is really nobody else. Your other option is to package him in a trade maybe, but that is hard advice to give without knowing your team and your league.

Archived