Some Jets football...and some not.

NIGHT STALKER

First and foremost, I'd like to thank Max and his Uncle Tony for putting out a nice spread at the opener...very much appreciated!

Not going to list all I met for the first time at the opener because I know I will miss someone...having said that, everyone I met was a real pleasure...even that "rival" with those dimples (talking about the face guys...let's keep it real)...beautiful! And thanks for giving my son the free beers!

Now the game...not going to get into X's and O's...this is strictly from a fan's point of view. First thing I noticed right off...Mangini pulled a Hermy. Now, don't bash me for this, but, Football 101, section 1, if it's "Hot" (damn, I thought I left the heat back in Florida), you let the opposing team wear the dark jersey. Do you think fins wear their dark uni at home? Never!

Okay, I had to get that one beef out of the way...sorry, if you thought that was petty, but I look for any advantage I can get. Now the game. We're a young team with young coaches...we got hit in the face early on before we realized we were in a football game...that was chalked up to inexperience and it will get better. If that game had another quarter left, there is no doubt that we would have won that game...we had them holding on and the clock could not go fast enough for them.

Remember, at the beginning of the season, most of us said we are a year or two from really challenging...after what I saw up close and personal, it could very well be sooner than later. The bottom line was, I wish we could have won, but I was impressed the way this team put 17 unanswered points on a team that many picked to win the division...and the green and white to be one of the worst teams. I really took a positive away from this game...and a big shout out to my section (108) for being loud throughout the game!

This team is going places guys...I really felt that way after the game. The first time since the Parcell's years that I really feel we have a chance in every game we play...something Hermy never was able to accomplish.

Side note...fans down here are ready to jump off the ledge. You would think these idiots would learn from history that they are the most over hyped team in the NFL...they're even screaming for Wanny to come back.:yahoo: So, keep your heads up Jets fans...we're on our way!

Now the game...not going to get into X's and O's...this is strictly from a fan's point of view. First thing I noticed right off...Mangini pulled a Hermy. Now, don't bash me for this, but, Football 101, section 1, if it's "Hot" (damn, I thought I left the heat back in Florida), you let the opposing team wear the dark jersey. Do you think fins wear their dark uni at home? Never!

Come on, get real. The Dolphins base jersey is white. The Giants where Blue all the time at home! Our base Jersey color is green. I'm glad we stuck with it. If you seriously think the color made that big a difference..... wow..

Changing jerseys to accomodate the "heat" (80) just tells the players, "Hey it's hot out here..."

yea JFF what a pitiful display by the Fins and their fans in a home opener...as Gainzo said in the Bills/Fins game thread "there are a lot of orange seats disguising themselves as fans"with over 4 minutes left that stadium was 9/10ths empty-I give Culpepper one more game if he doesn't light it up Sunday against the Titans-Harrington is the QB.

ditto both of you - was a real pleasure

i would have met some more JN posters but apparently the cool thing to do is go into the stadium 2 hours before the game starts

Bit --

We went in at 2:45. Harley hooked us up with pre-game field passes. Who am I to say no?

Come on, get real. The Dolphins base jersey is white. The Giants where Blue all the time at home! Our base Jersey color is green. I'm glad we stuck with it. If you seriously think the color made that big a difference..... wow..

Changing jerseys to accomodate the "heat" (80) just tells the players, "Hey it's hot out here..."

Hey, read my freaking post and don't take more out of it then it was intended for...dark colors absorb the heat more. Would they have won otherwise? Who the hell knows...I didn't say that's what caused them to lose.

By the way, the home team has the choice of what jersey to wear...and the Dolphin base color is aqua...I'm glad you know what you're talking about...:yawn:

Hey, read my freaking post and don't take more out of it then it was intended for...dark colors absorb the heat more. Would they have won otherwise? Who the hell knows...I didn't say that's what caused them to lose.

By the way, the home team has the choice of what jersey to wear...and the Dolphin base color is aqua...I'm glad you know what you're talking about...:yawn:

:box: Nice...

The thing that killed me was that 8 minute drive in the fourth. We had all of the momentum, the crowd was going nuts and we still couldn't get them off of the field. For that reason only I'm not sure if we would have won if there was another quarter. I agree with your excitement though, there were definitely some positives to take out of that second half...

JFF --

It was great meeting you. You should have gotten there a little earlier though. Lenny was threatening me. Something about sticking a cowboy boot where the sun doesn't shine. He settled down when you got there though, luckily (for me, lol).

JFF --

It was great meeting you. You should have gotten there a little earlier though. Lenny was threatening me. Something about sticking a cowboy boot where the sun doesn't shine. He settled down when you got there though, luckily (for me, lol).

Wasn't that because you asked me if I had brought Tex???

I calmed down when Jet Moses took me over to that white trailer

where they had a supposed likeness of Tex hanging in effigy.

another nice job by Uncle Tony. I was there a while, sorry i didn't actually meet some of you, but I did meet Sr & the clan, JetMoses and Stan..was a pleasure. Wish I knew you others were there, but you didn't have your name tags on..Keep up your good articles Tyson and DAMN BOB, grow the

moustache back will ya?

another nice job by Uncle Tony. I was there a while, sorry i didn't actually meet some of you, but I did meet Sr & the clan, JetMoses and Stan..was a pleasure. Wish I knew you others were there, but you didn't have your name tags on..Keep up your good articles Tyson and DAMN BOB, grow the

moustache back will ya?

HAHAHA...

AL, it was great meeting you and Judy too.....

If I was the Jets HC I would have the team in the white on white jersey every chance I got. It's the look of a champion.

III.jpg

JFF- nice meeting you this weekend...and max since I'm sure you're going to read this, thanks for throwing it all together.

I was saying it early in the game...the heat is probably going to have an effect on the pats in the second half. With the Jets running the no huddle, the Jets were staying fresh while the pats were not. Look at how many missed tackles they had. I counted 3 from Tedy Bruschi, which is an abnormality to say the least. We all felt it in the stands...and I'm sure they were all feeling it on the field. Although the Jersey color would have an effect, I think the pads, helmets, and ability to sub out will have a much larger impact than the uniform color.

JFF- nice meeting you this weekend...and max since I'm sure you're going to read this, thanks for throwing it all together.

I was saying it early in the game...the heat is probably going to have an effect on the pats in the second half. With the Jets running the no huddle, the Jets were staying fresh while the pats were not. Look at how many missed tackles they had. I counted 3 from Tedy Bruschi, which is an abnormality to say the least. We all felt it in the stands...and I'm sure they were all feeling it on the field. Although the Jersey color would have an effect, I think the pads, helmets, and ability to sub out will have a much larger impact than the uniform color.

Yes, it was a pleasure meeting you as well...good luck with your military career...remember, don't volunteer for anything...stay away from anything 11 bravo...although, having that type of MOS will get you promoted quicker... 11B4V was my final MOS...anything like that and you'll wind up messed up like me.;)

I can say pretty confidently that I'm not going to be going ranger. I'm more of the chairborne lt. type...not the hooah lets get in the $hit type.

I'm already going guard...101st Signal BN out of Yonkers...I can keep it close get a job down on Wall St. and keep up with the Army too.

Chairborne all the way!

da3ffc5a1e.jpg

:box: Nice...

The thing that killed me was that 8 minute drive in the fourth. We had all of the momentum, the crowd was going nuts and we still couldn't get them off of the field. For that reason only I'm not sure if we would have won if there was another quarter. I agree with your excitement though, there were definitely some positives to take out of that second half...

Yep, the Pats getting a new set of downs after 3rd and 12 was totally demoralizing.

Archived