We should trade for Randy Moss!

puertorricanjet

With the degradation of the Oakland Raiders as the "Worst team", we should trade Justin McRaines and our 2nd round pick for Randy. HOAH! By the way, Lamont Jordan has been a no show.

Worst team ranking:

1. Raiders

2. Packers

3. Titans

4. Texans

Never been a big fan of Moss and his attitude, but I agree with your premise of upgrading any position we can. But I don't see the Raiders wanting to move him at this point. There offense is struggling mightily to score points right now. Most of the problem stems from the difficulties the O-line is having, compound that with the fact that they are moving to an inexperienced QB due to the Brooks injury, and I can't see why they would entertain moving there one play maker on that side of the ball. And let's assume they did want to move him, no way would our 2nd round pick and a marginal #3 receiver get it done. They gave up two picks (including the #7 overall) and a good LB to get him just over a season ago. If he was put on the market quite a few teams would be willing to package first round picks plus for him. Would you still want to make that deal? I sure wouldn't. Let's not forget he is about 30 years old now and is no longer a rising talent. JMHO....

The receivers have actually been one of the strong points with Coles and Cotchery-leave Moss to suffer in Oakland.

agree, ,wtf would we make #3,, cotch i assume,, why Herm him and put him on bench again,, makes no sense

some people continue to view football thru Madden Video game eyes

Randy Moss cap #'s:

2006 7,500,000.00

2007 9,750,000.00

2008 11,250,000.00

only way to get around that is to give him a new SB in excess of $20M.

JMac will count $1M on this year's/$3M on next year's cap as well if we trade him. We get very little cap relief next year by dumping him. We wouldn't realize any appreciable JMac cap relief until 2008.

This isn't baseball & we aren't the Yankees. There is a salary cap in the NFL.

So if we don't want to restructure Moss to sign him until he's 37, his effective cap # would be $13M. Now consider that Chad's cap # is going to be over $10M if he reaches most of his incentives. Also the millions it will be to cut DRob. Add in the millions for Martin & Chrebet. Coles & Ellis combine for another $15M. This is Bryan Thomas' last year so (whether we retain him or not) we need to sign TWO OLB's suitable for a 3-4 scheme, at least one of which that can slide over to DE in 4-3 formations.

Or we can have Randy Moss, who hasn't had an elite full season since he was 26 and has a history of attitude problems, and relegate Cotchery to 3+WR sets. We'd have $20M/yr tied up in at the WR position.

Is this the team you want, or would you rather have some more $ to play with in free-agency for players we actually NEED. Wouldn't you rather throw that money at a stud RT/RG/NT/HB/FB/TE/OLBx2? I would.

Even if we were somehow ABLE to pull it off, this would be one of the dumbest moves the Jets could make.

We have the #3 passing attack in the NFL so far and it's just been suggested that we eat up 10% of our annual salary cap on yet another WR who hasn't played a full season since 2003.

Chad is throwing for >300 yds/game. So is it expected that with Moss he'd pass for >400/game?

This is almost silly enough to lock the thread.

I truly understand that, plus, I dont play videogames, but, it would be nice to have a dominant WR corps in the NFL. If you look at the annals, teams (specially west coast offense), dominated the league with WR's. Of course, we need a balanced team, and I am a strong supporter of an upgrade to our running game and Dline. Having R. Moss would be a great addition, but, I undestand is a far reach. A playmaker always makes a difference, and gives you a solid ground to build on.

If he was willing to take less, and I mean a lot less, and we didn't have to give up the house for him, I'd say sure this is a good idea. But the posters in this thread are right, it's just not a good idea. We're far from being a legit SB contender anyway. I think a big WR is one of the very last pieces of the puzzle. I have my concerns with Coles in the playoffs, as every Jets fan should remember from years ago, but maybe that was more Herm's fault and not Coles and Chad's. We'll find out in a year or two.

Randy Moss cap #'s:

2006 7,500,000.00

2007 9,750,000.00

2008 11,250,000.00

JMac will count $1M on this year's/$3M on next year's cap as well if we trade him. We get very little cap relief next year by dumping him. We wouldn't realize any appreciable JMac cap relief until 2008.

So if we don't want to restructure Moss to sign him until he's 37, his effective cap # would be $13M. Now consider that Chad's cap # is going to be over $10M if he reaches most of his incentives. Also the millions it will be to cut DRob. Add in the millions for Martin & Chrebet. Coles & Ellis combine for another $15M. This is Bryan Thomas' last year so (whether we retain him or not) we need to sign TWO OLB's suitable for a 3-4 scheme, at least one of which that can slide over to DE in 4-3 formations.

Or we can have Randy Moss, who hasn't had an elite full season since he was 26 and has a history of attitude problems, and relegate Cotchery to 3+WR sets. We'd have $20M/yr tied up in at the WR position.

Is this the team you want, or would you rather have some more $ to play with in free-agency for players we actually NEED. Wouldn't you rather throw that money at a stud RT/RG/NT/HB/FB/TE/OLBx2? I would.

When first heard, I liked the idea of a well behaved Moss on our offence, but SE makes too much sense here.

Randy Moss cap #'s:

2006 7,500,000.00

2007 9,750,000.00

2008 11,250,000.00

Aren't signing bonus' automatically accelerated and assumed by the trading team in the event of a trade? Are those the salary numbers for Moss over and above his signing bonus?

Archived