SI Article: Yanks give A-Rod tough Love...

Latinlawyer

Its in ESPN.com today. Giambi came down on A-Rod...Giambino recognizes that A-Rod gets piddly dink hits but not the BIG hits...then A-rod says that Mussina and Giambi get a pass while he gets reamed because he is :

1) Good Looking

2) Bi-racial

3) Highest Paid

4) Plays for the best team

This guy has big issues...

LL

This is a SCATHING article and clearly one the yanks want to be heard. They must surely be looking to dump ARod this offseason. They usually keep a VERY tight ship, but with so many quotes from so many team-mates, it makes you wonder.

Sportstalk radio is having a field day with this one.

This is a SCATHING article and clearly one the yanks want to be heard. They must surely be looking to dump ARod this offseason. They usually keep a VERY tight ship, but with so many quotes from so many team-mates, it makes you wonder.

Sportstalk radio is having a field day with this one.

Anyone have any idea when this piece was written? Not talking published, but written.

It seems it was written over the course of this summer. Go to www.si.com or pick up a copy. Or just wait until you see Sportscenter as this thing is front page headlining news.

It appears noone but Rivera is backing ARod. Giambi rips him a new one and there are many other quotes from "teammates". This is the end of ARod in new york, or the hope it lights a fire under him. I'm telling you, no way SI runs this size of piece without getting the yanks permission. They WANT this out there.

Giambino

I know you're not John Sterling. DO NOT compare that steroid-guzzling POS with the greatest Yankee of all time. Ever.

Giambi is not clutch, he's worse than ARod, he can't play defense, he can't steal a base, he always swings for the fences (mostly because he can't hit a ball the other way, and everyone knows it). He comes up big as often as ARod does, and the rest of the time, he's a big fat useless turd.

Honestly, who gives a sh#t? I know I dont.

That being said, Arod is a headcase and I dont trust him in a big spot.

I havent bashed him much at all this year, but he has to step up and not choke in the postseason. He has to be accountable for his failures, and his 25mill salary. Thats why you're being blasted, smart guy. Go play the race card somewhere else you excuse machine, and you're not that damn good looking so stfu.

Wow...So rather than go to the Captain or Manager they air it out in a SI article?

And who the f@ck is Giambi to talk about someone else struggling? This makes two seasons in a row in which he has been MIA offensively for long stretches.

The Bronx Zoo is Captainless.

Damon's comments were dead on in that he said players are jealous of ARod.

And who the f@ck is Giambi to talk about someone else struggling? This makes two seasons in a row in which he has been MIA offensively for long stretches.

Giambi is a douchebag, and I'm tired of my fellow Yankee fans giving him a free pass. Giambi is not a real Yankee and he never will be.

So define to me what is a "real yankee".

Derek Jeter. A leader, an upstanding individual, a player who respects the game and respects the uniform he plays in.

Jason Giamboid does not respect this game, or the team -- last year when he was struggling, he refused to do what was best for the team because of his ego and his greed. Of course, then there are the steroid allegations, etc.

The article should be titled "The Yankees' clubhouse is just like your office; or 6th grade". BFD. Some people on the Yankees don't love other people on he Yankees. Think about any workplace. Doesn't seem the least bit unlikely or remarkable. And truth is A-Rod playing as he did during his slump was jeopardizing the money(playoff cash, endorsements, appearance money, etc. that would derive from a World Series win) of the other workers and they weren't happy. yankees.gif

The article should be titled "The Yankees' clubhouse is just like your office; or 6th grade". BFD. Some people on the Yankees don't love other people on he Yankees. Think about any workplace. Doesn't seem the least bit unlikely or remarkable. And truth is A-Rod playing as he did during his slump was jeopardizing the money(playoff cash, endorsements, appearance money, etc. that would derive from a World Series win) of the other workers and they weren't happy. yankees.gif

Interesting that it unfolds in the pages of SI though.

Other Yanks have had a bad month without this nonsense. I heard today that Joe St. Torre is good friends with the writer Verducci, thus the rare break from his mantra of what happens in the clubhouse stays there.

Lots of credibility and "we do things the Yankee way" went out the window IMO. Will be interesting to see how it plays out should the Yanks make a quick exit from the post season.

Yawn. Wouldn't be surprised in half of this crap was made up. Either way, this is just the regular media trying to bash on A-Rod like he's a ****ing criminal or something. The guy gets treated like the proven cheater Barry Bonds* and all he's done is be an amazing player and have people treat him like crap ever since he's got to New York. He must hate it here. He plays his ass off, has one poor postseason, a bad month or 2 and fans treat him like he molested a child. Yankee fans need to get off their high horses about this guy and realize that booing A-Rod just makes them f*cking idiots and not "true yankee fans."

Archived