roster moves

jetsrule128

I said it the other day that they'd probably bring Hilton back-we do that kind of stuff sign a player,release him,then re-sign him-might have something to do with $$$-Spermy might have a better theory though-he's good at understanding the salary cap

I'm not surprised that Hilton is back, but I don't think it has anything to do with the cap. That only counts with vested vets, because then their contract is not guaranteed. It shouldn't matter with guys like this. We are below the cap anyway and Mangini should definitely look to put the best product on the field. I'm assuming one of the TEs will be coming out of the backfield as lead blockers this week. Maybe even Adrian Moore.

Jets sign Zach Hilton and Matt McChesney

By Hoss Aultman

Posted Sep 20, 2006

The Jets made some roster moves on Wednesday on both the regular roster and the practice squad.

As expected, they brought back tight end Zachary Hilton, who was released last week. To make room for Hilton, they released fullback Jamar Martin.

The Jets also made some moves on their practice squad. They released offensive lineman Isaac Snell, and re-signed defensive lineman Matt McChensey.

we are all talking about martin but why do you think snell was cut

I'm not surprised that Hilton is back, but I don't think it has anything to do with the cap. That only counts with vested vets, because then their contract is not guaranteed. It shouldn't matter with guys like this. We are below the cap anyway and Mangini should definitely look to put the best product on the field. I'm assuming one of the TEs will be coming out of the backfield as lead blockers this week. Maybe even Adrian Moore.

Interesting idea.

Jets sign Zach Hilton and Matt McChesney

By Hoss Aultman

Posted Sep 20, 2006

The Jets made some roster moves on Wednesday on both the regular roster and the practice squad.

As expected, they brought back tight end Zachary Hilton, who was released last week. To make room for Hilton, they released fullback Jamar Martin.

The Jets also made some moves on their practice squad. They released offensive lineman Isaac Snell, and re-signed defensive lineman Matt McChensey.

we are all talking about martin but why do you think snell was cut

I think Snell was cut because it looks like Teague is ready to play

and they signed Wade Smith so the need to keep a OG on the practice

squad didn't seem necessary IMO.

I think Snell was cut because it looks like Teague is ready to play

and they signed Wade Smith so the need to keep a OG on the practice

squad didn't seem necessary IMO.

yea Senior we need a veteran presence at that guard position with Kendall out-Wade Smith or Teague would work.Smith was on Miami when Ricky had his best year running...take it for what it's worth-also I can't emphasize more about the need for a lead blocking FB-I'm telling you Ritchie Anderson should be called

yea Senior we need a veteran presence at that guard position with Kendall out-Wade Smith or Teague would work.Smith was on Miami when Ricky had his best year running...take it for what it's worth-also I can't emphasize more about the need for a lead blocking FB-I'm telling you Ritchie Anderson should be called

Called? Why doesn't Mangini just walk over to him on the sideline since he is our Asst WR coach.

I tell you this SF, they better straighten out that problem with the RB

and FB before the jax game. I was in NY last year when Chad and Fiedler

went down against jax and there's a chance I might get to Jax in Oct.

to see them again. It could be deja vu all over again for Chad if they

don't get the blocking fixed.

they gotta continue the Herm/Way purge and get rid of Adrian (Moore) Jones and put somebody who is actually an OLman in there Wade or Trey until Kendall gets better

:(

Either last year or the year before. He was never that good of a blocker though, I think I'd prefer Sowell right now since he was a good blocker.

I beg to differ B-76 Curtis Martin loved him and he at least would hit the right frickin holes-again,unlike what I saw from Jamar Martin-and BJ Askew is also pretty much useless when it comes to blocking (and running and pass catching)-letting Sowell go was a mistake in hindsight

they gotta continue the Herm/Way purge and get rid of Adrian (Moore) Jones and put somebody who is actually an OLman in there Wade or Trey until Kendall gets better

Wade started as a TE just like (Moore) Jones. Not that fond of Richie Anderson as a blocker. He'd catch a ton of dumps with this squad though. So would Sowell. I'm really surprised they let Sowell go. He was a monster on specials. Thought Mangini would like that.

Wade started as a TE just like (Moore) Jones. Not that fond of Richie Anderson as a blocker. He'd catch a ton of dumps with this squad though. So would Sowell. I'm really surprised they let Sowell go. He was a monster on specials. Thought Mangini would like that.

I bet they regret it too Dom

Archived