Houston could be activated Week 3

puertorricanjet

THAT IS GREAT NEWS.

I am sorry, but at this point they should be trying anyone out there and I think it is time Cedric got the call for 10-15 carries.

BZ

As soon as Cedric learns how to block for his QB on passing plays then I'm sure he will. Until then he should be nothing more than a bench ornament.

And those other two trees have been doing a better job?

BZ

Barlow has been OK, Blaylock has not. But Blaylock's poor blocking is more of a physical issue. He is recognizing the D and knows where the attack ids coming from, he just gets run over by the time they get to him. Houston after a full season in the leauge has no clue. In preseason I've seen him guessing rep[eatedly, and in the process getting his QB killed. If a RB can't seem to know where he needs to be to effectively block for his QB, I seriously have to question his brain capacity. It isn't rocket science.

for some reason I do not think it will be Blaylock as he is on special teams often.. but Houston has to prove he can block better and get rid of his fumbling problem

Absolutely.

He's a guy I'd like to see do well, but he has to overcome the weaknesses in his game.

Watching Blaylock trip over Adrian Jones on that pitch was almost too much to take :(

Not that I'm defending Blaylock at all because I just don't think he is very good, but that play was certainly not his fault and does nothing to warrant Houston any playing time. That just shows you how bad A Jones is.

The Jets backfield is atrocious. This front office would be stupid to pass up on Adrian Peterson or Michael Bush in next year's draft. I know taking a good playmaker in Round 1 is the glarmorous move and not really fundamental but I'd like to see the Jets run the ball effectively once in a while.

Not that I'm defending Blaylock at all because I just don't think he is very good, but that play was certainly not his fault and does nothing to warrant Houston any playing time. That just shows you how bad A Jones is.

That play deserved to be on the blooper reel and not the highlight reel :(

Barlow has been OK, Blaylock has not. But Blaylock's poor blocking is more of a physical issue. He is recognizing the D and knows where the attack ids coming from, he just gets run over by the time they get to him. Houston after a full season in the leauge has no clue. In preseason I've seen him guessing rep[eatedly, and in the process getting his QB killed. If a RB can't seem to know where he needs to be to effectively block for his QB, I seriously have to question his brain capacity. It isn't rocket science.

I'll tell ya Boozer after watching the replay yesterday I watched Blaylock and saw him stick his nose right in some guys' chest blocking hard-I have to give him credit there...it's just that he's the worst Jets RB I've seen since I don't know when...very weak runner-I'm all for giving the rock to Houston and Blaylock who would even be much better with a FB with a brain who knows the blocking schemes-unlike Jamar Martin

Archived