So why Ryan and not Baker?

4HCrew

If we're going to do that, why not put Katnik on the line & insert Adrian Jones at TE (his college position)? (#27 Dominator's idea)

At least you called him Jones, I called him Adrian Moore when I first mentioned it. Wade Smith started out as a college TE too. I wouldn't be surprised if they try this, not a steady diet, but once in a while. If either of them can catch a 5 yard turn around when wide open I'd try it. Just to see if the extra blocker lets us run a little.

Don't know too much about Buffalo, but their rushing defense (statistically) isn't that strong and I believe they are a small fast group. Maybe our guys, small fast lineman, will have a better chance.

So let me get this straight....after two games in a Jet uniform and two catches (including a fumble on his first career catch), this guy reminds you of Anthony Becht? How many seasons of Becht dropping passes and going down at the sight of a defender and after two catches he's being compared to Becht? If I'm not mistaken, he did break a tackle or two on the ball he fumbled and was trying to deliver a hit with the ball as opposed to waiting to get hit and take his 4 yd catch and 0 yds of YAC.

I don't know much about Ryan so I'm not going to pretend to. What I do know is that after two games and his first two career receptions he did not look anything like Anthony Becht to me. He looked like a football player.

Hell, if the guy gets cut tomorrow I'd still say he's got more guts than Becht ever did.

The bottom line is we can't block the D in a 1 on 1 situation. With 5 OL, a TE and a FB to block 4 DL and 3 LB's we are outmanned. At least 3 of our guys, probably 5, are not good enough to handle their man which results in defensive players in the backfield by the time the ball is handed off. Throw in the fact ythat right now our only somehat competent OL players are rookies and will obviously make rookie mistakes and you have a real recipe for disaster.

The strange thing about this whole dilemma is the same guys who couldn't open a whole for a mouse do seem to be pretty adequate at pass blocking. It would be a big mistake to put players in that marginally improve the running game at the expense of getting our QB killed again.

Honestl;y the only thing that will improve this OL right now is the return of Kendall AND Teague. What I would love to see is Kendall at RG and Teague at RT, moving Moore to LG. Moore has been decent in pass blocking as has D'Brick. Both are not so good in run blocking so far. With the right side of the line filled in with vets who can block in the running game, we can run predominantly to the right without sacrificing our QB's well being in the process. JMO

Honestl;y the only thing that will improve this OL right now is the return of Kendall AND Teague. What I would love to see is Kendall at RG and Teague at RT, moving Moore to LG. Moore has been decent in pass blocking as has D'Brick. Both are not so good in run blocking so far. With the right side of the line filled in with vets who can block in the running game, we can run predominantly to the right without sacrificing our QB's well being in the process. JMO

Has Teague ever played tackle? Isn't Teague a center? I figured he'd be able to play some guard, but I'm not so sure he'd be any improvement at tackle. You don't need big drive blockers to have a running game, we have guys with some quickness and speed, we should be able to pull off some traps once they get used to each other. You only have to stand between your man and where you want him (block him) not push him 10 yards upfield.

Has Teague ever played tackle? Isn't Teague a center? I figured he'd be able to play some guard, but I'm not so sure he'd be any improvement at tackle. You don't need big drive blockers to have a running game, we have guys with some quickness and speed, we should be able to pull off some traps once they get used to each other. You only have to stand between your man and where you want him (block him) not push him 10 yards upfield.

Teague was a RT for a while in BUF. He has played just about every position at one point or another with C being his natural position. Putting him in for Clement is a much better improvement overall than for Moore at guard, leaving Clement oin the field.

Teague was a RT for a while in BUF. He has played just about every position at one point or another with C being his natural position. Putting him in for Clement is a much better improvement overall than for Moore at guard, leaving Clement oin the field.

OK, I"m just hoping one of them comes back quick to sit Katnik. I'm not so low on Moore as everybody else.

Archived