Papa Johns pizza

Barton

Woah Woah Woah, buddy! I'm from Westchester County originally--where they say 'wedges'--and I moved out to Western NY and, let me tell you, the only jackasses that can't piece together in their feeble little minds that a wedge is a sub is a hero are the backwoods hillbillies that need to come out of a tree stand long enough to get some culture.

until yesterday i had never even heard of a wedge. ever. hero, yes, but really i just thought it was another word for sub. but a wedge? i have never heard that word used, ever. not everyone speaks like you new yorkers and not everyone cares how they speak either. but, unlike you if i go to nyc i don't expect people to know what im talking about just like when you come here you shouldn't expect people to know what you are talking about. btw, where did you guys get such stupid names for subs? wedges? heros? what dumbass came up with those names? and by the way, you don't live in western new york, you live in roch, right? that isn't western new york.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woah Woah Woah, buddy! I'm from Westchester County originally--where they say 'wedges'--and I moved out to Western NY and, let me tell you, the only jackasses that can't piece together in their feeble little minds that a wedge is a sub is a hero are the backwoods hillbillies that need to come out of a tree stand long enough to get some culture.

until yesterday i had never even heard of a wedge. ever. hero, yes, but really i just thought it was another word for sub. but a wedge? i have never heard that word used, ever. not everyone speaks like you new yorkers and not everyone cares how they speak either. but, unlike you if i go to nyc i don't expect people to know what im talking about just like when you come here you shouldn't expect people to know what you are talking about. btw, where did you guys get such stupid names for subs? wedges? heros? what dumbass came up with those names? and by the way, you don't live in western new york, you live in roch, right? that isn't western new york.

I call is soda here in Detroit and catch Sh#t for it everytime I use the word. The "Pop" junkies around here kill me. Best pizza in Detroit is Carlo's Pizza at 12 Mile/Little Mack on St. Clair Shores

You are a tool.

It should always be called "Pop". [-X

Yea man WEDGE is the classic way to refer to a sandwich. Upstate it's all about the SUBMARINE, pretty bogus if you ask me. If any of you are ever in the Oneonta or Cooperstown area get a Cold Cheese slice of pizza. It is Unreal, comprised of a plain cheese slice (Oneonta suprisingly has amazing pizza for an upstate locale)and they throw on handfuls of fresh mozzarella. Hangover cure and delicious.

Domihoes, and pizza slut, stay away, I've seen normal kids turn into addicted monsters of flabby grease. They fondel cheesey bread and brush their teeth with kickers.

....I been to Oneonta sweetie...your just drunk when you get that pizza.. :lol: . It's definately not that good. First I think Papa Johns is pretty good. They have a great garlic sauce for dipping...Like I stated before, Gino's Pizzeria in Far Rockaway Queens and in any Borough is good Pizza. And there's a pizza shop in Manhattan on in the village that's great..and Pop is cool when your in the South. They call it that in SC too jeetheelz... =D>

Sorry to say but once you get past Albany and Syracuse, NY is a hick-dom. Buffalo is a dying city (due to companies leaving), jamestown is poor as heck...I kinda feel bad for Upstate Ny because of the massive differences.

There are basically two types of NYers..

1) downstate NYers (nyc, long island, westchester, dutchess, orange, ulster, putnam..)

2) Upstate NYers

You could not find two more different types of people.

Upstate Nyers resemble new englanders...

Downstate Nyers are a class of their own...more worldly. I have always argued that we should divide northern and southern ny into two distinct states.

LL

when i was young dumb and naive, but still oh so beautiful, i was in lake gearge and i wanted a devil dog and i couldnt find anything so i asked the guy where drakes cakes were and he says to me he says, Drake...s....cake...s..??"

it was that day that i realized that maybe you cant get everything anywhere you go.

well its obvious you don't know how the local speak. because if you did you would have known that they wouldn't have known what you are talking about. like i said, not everyone uses the word hero or pie and in fact you would be laughed out of a place here if you used those terms. either way, you must not have known the lingo because they didn't know what you were talking about. by the way, you say there was a sign there? there must have been titles on them, did it say sub or hero? if it said hero, then i see your point, but did it?

Sorry to say but once you get past Albany and Syracuse, NY is a hick-dom. Buffalo is a dying city (due to companies leaving), jamestown is poor as heck...I kinda feel bad for Upstate Ny because of the massive differences.

thats weird, because we feel sorry for you people who live in or near new york city.

and by the way, we don't consider ourselves upstate ny, we are western new york. we consider upstate anything east of syracuse. like the mountains, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I live in New Mexico and this Papa Johns is the only pizza these people have ever heard of. They think that Papa Johns and Domino's are real pizza....I tried this papa johns crap and almost threw up after the first bite. I fu&(*& hate it over here in the South west!!!!!! DAM IT!!!!!

not only is the pizza terrible but their commercials are even worse

they have some redneck italian guy talking about their pizza having a "zing in the sauce" nyuk nyuk nyuck.

that and those redneck italians from some little town in texas for Carabbas restaurant.

I dunno, being from NY and being italian, it just pisses me off with these italians with southern accents, really annoys me.

never realized that the name Barton was of Italian descent

I love pizza, but pizza is pizza. I've tried all that NYC pizzas since im from around there, but now im at OSU and I love the pizza here..and everywhere else. Sure it tastes different but thats whats so good. Who wants the same taste all the time. Pizza is damn good.

isn't it a little odd this conversation is even taken place? i mean...new york pizza isn't even real italian pizza anyways. so why would it even be assumed that ever italian should make ny style pizza? shouldn't you be more concerned that he isn't making real italian pizza?

isn't it a little odd this conversation is even taken place? i mean...new york pizza isn't even real italian pizza anyways. so why would it even be assumed that ever italian should make ny style pizza? shouldn't you be more concerned that he isn't making real italian pizza?

Pizza is not Italian it is American.

Pizza is not Italian it is American.

^^^^^

LOL :lol::lol::lol:

Anyways, I need to bump this thread, because I can't stand seeing "J lo picking her nose" in the index as the last post in the JN Lounge. It SICKENS me!!!

^^^^^

LOL :lol::lol::lol:

Anyways, I need to bump this thread, because I can't stand seeing "J lo picking her nose" in the index as the last post in the JN Lounge. It SICKENS me!!!

Maybe the threads could be merged and we could have the "Papa Johns Pizza with J-Lo Snot Topping" thread.

Archived