Tracing Your Jet Roots

Johnnybones

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The Jets will win on Sunday, I guarantee it." Joseph William Namath -1/9/69.

Although I was just a kid and a Bears fan I remember how this statement re-defined having balls to me - and then they did it. Joe Willy, Schnell, Maynard, Emerson Boozer... I was only able to see them play a few times on TV but followed the boxscores in the paper. Then I got transfered to NJ eight years later and was blown away to find out everybody was a frik'n Giant's fan. At least I could see them every week and buy hats and jerseys.

Dude, we're the same age if you don't remember Boomer, Neil & BUBBY then I don't know about you anymore.:P

It was all about Bubby on Xmas Eve 95 against the Saints.

The only play involving Bubby I seem to remember is one where he tried to do a shovel pass against the Broncos or something and it did not end well.

And sperm has a point. ;)

neil o donnell i vividly remember the game where they had to beat the lions in 97 to make the playoffs and lost...

I was at that game unfortunately, Never been more pissed off in my life. Of course, the refs did a good job of making a few chickens*** calls that game too.

Both, but obviously more for the Vikings. ;)

Remember when Namath QB'ed for the Rams? :)

Yes I do remember Joe Willie with the Rams- if he had good knees imagine the records he would have broke. The old AFC days I loved QB's throwing the ball down the field and not this dump-offs 5 yard passes like today.

neil o donnell i vividly remember the game where they had to beat the lions in 97 to make the playoffs and lost...

oh that friggin game Smacks you hadda bring that one up-I almost broke my big toe kicking the foot of the couch-pissed my wife up bigtime...the Dolphin game that year we should have won-it was a BS call on a 3rd down Chrebet catch they ruled against us on-how about that Pats Sunday night game in the fog-you couldn't even see what was happening on TV is was so thick--why do I only remember the losses?

I'm 20. I've been going to Jet games since the early 90's but I fell out of it during the Kotite years and came back during the Parcells years. So Vinny was the first jet qb I really followed.

Don't let that happen again. When the Jets win it again, you want to be able to say you stuck through it all. Of course, now you can't.

Richard Todd.

Archived