Further proof that the Red Sox F.O. are scumbags

Garb

It's all about the money, folks. Lucchino is a horrid human being. They will do to the Sox what they have done to the Marlins, Padres and Orioles - use 'em and kick 'em to the curb. I know, I know...it's a business.....but man it bothers me that they feign this sincerity - and most of RSN buys it - while they laugh at us behind their backs. Ugh!

Hits keep on comin

I'd be lying if I said that reading that didn't make me smile the way a lot of Sox and Mets fans were mocking the Yankees injuries this season

I missed the correlation of the article with Yankee injuries.

Besides, noone mocked the injuries but just stated it wasn't the end of the world due to the remaining talent on the roster. At the end of the day we were 100% correct.

Besides, noone mocked the injuries but just stated it wasn't the end of the world due to the remaining talent on the roster. At the end of the day we were 100% correct.

The only mocking that was going on at the time of the Yankee injuries was of comic indignation that the Yankee fans wanted to somehow portray themselves as underdogs.

Every other team in MLB baseball will just have to shut up and play despite the travails, Yankee fans (and it was only a few here, and I give the team credit as well), wanted some type of mulligan on the season, for some reason.

It really was a source of humor.

The correlation was one that I made, I didn't say it was made in the article.

There were those who were quite happy to see all of the Yankees injuries this year but I for one was a fan that wan't all that upset to see the Yankees have to go back to playing a little bit of small ball. It makes them a more dangerous team.

I said what I said because as I was reading about the debacle of a Sox FO I smiled and thought to myself "hmm...I guess this is the feeling the Yankee haters had when their players were dropping like flies" Thats all. Nothing more, nothing less.

Now I realize that not every yankee hater on the board was happy to see the injuries..but some were, and that's who I was referring to.

The only mocking that was going on at the time of the Yankee injuries was of comic indignation that the Yankee fans wanted to somehow portray themselves as underdogs.

Every other team in MLB baseball will just have to shut up and play despite the travails, Yankee fans (and it was only a few here, and I give the team credit as well), wanted some type of mulligan on the season, for some reason.

It really was a source of humor.

C'mon SD, you're better than that. I expect blanket statements from some of the lesser posters on this board but not you. If you want to say "some" or "a few" or "a lot" of Yankee fans then that's fine. Hell, I'm sure you'd be 100% right. But the "indignation that Yankee fans" kind of implies that we were all bitching. I'm never happy to see any Yankees get hurt but I was happy to see the team have to use some younger players to get some quality OJT and do some of the little things that this team had forgotten how to do. You know me SD, I'm not trying to get in to a pissing contest, but the generalizations are beneath you IMO.

C'mon SD, you're better than that. I expect blanket statements from some of the lesser posters on this board but not you. If you want to say "some" or "a few" or "a lot" of Yankee fans then that's fine. Hell, I'm sure you'd be 100% right. But the "indignation that Yankee fans" kind of implies that we were all bitching. I'm never happy to see any Yankees get hurt but I was happy to see the team have to use some younger players to get some quality OJT and do some of the little things that this team had forgotten how to do. You know me SD, I'm not trying to get in to a pissing contest, but the generalizations are beneath you IMO.

i said it was "only a few here". Present company not included.

Far be it for me to get in the middle of a potential cat fight ;) - but where were the generalizations? He stated that some Yankee Fans were biatching about the injuries and kind of "hedging" their bets accordingly. This would be very true.

I do apologize SD...looks like I pulled a Ralph Kramdin (sp) on that one. I read the portion of your quote that said "Yankee fans" prior to you clearing up that it was not in fact all of us. I knew you were better than that. My bad man.

Archived