Transplanted from NY/NJ

jets22

OK...seems to me there are a lot of people on here that are out of the Tri-state area,,,,but used to live there. My question is what do you miss? ( besides being able to go to Jets games every week ) I for one had a heck of a time finding a good pizza and or sandwich.

OK...seems to me there are a lot of people on here that are out of the Tri-state area,,,,but used to live there. My question is what do you miss? ( besides being able to go to Jets games every week ) I for one had a heck of a time finding a good pizza and or sandwich.

When I was away in college my #1 complaint was the pizza and sandwiches. It's amazing how many people outside of this area feel that Pappa John's and Subway are acceptable forms of nutrition.

im in philly not in tri state area but it's got everything i need

i can get to and from Jets games easier than if i was back on Long Island (exit 62)

fresh mozzarella, proscutto, i can get a decent slice, heck even a decent bagel (if you know where to look)

it's not NY but it's a decent substitute at about half the price

I miss hopping on the D train to hit a Yankee game anytime I like, and thank god I've found a pizza place in Florida that's just as good as NY. The founders are from NY and every one of my friends from the NE who has gone there with me agrees that if it isn't 100% NY pizza, it's 99%.

On the plus side, I think that being away from the NY sports scene has allowed me to become a more objective fan. When you don't live in a city where people hate your team because of their dominance (Yankees) or treat them like a second class franchise (the Jets), it allows you to look at things without as much anger and bias.

It could be that I'm just getting old too...who knows

im in philly not in tri state area but it's got everything i need

i can get to and from Jets games easier than if i was back on Long Island (exit 62)

fresh mozzarella, proscutto, i can get a decent slice, heck even a decent bagel (if you know where to look)

it's not NY but it's a decent substitute at about half the price

Philly is a great city Bit...when we were up in NJ this summer we went there to eat in the Italian section...first time I opted out of the traditional Little Italy trek in NYC,and I'll tell you what it was a great move...

Archived