Ahh Boston...

Matt39

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all, do NOT classify all Sox fans as classless - I consider myself a decent lady. Second of all, as a Sox fan, I will say that what that guy did, swiping at Shef's hat, face, whatever he was gunning for, was PATHETIC. Did you notice the fans pointing him out right away? That sort of behavior is unwanted, wrong and despicable.

First of all, do NOT classify all Sox fans as classless - I consider myself a decent lady. Second of all, as a Sox fan, I will say that what that guy did, swiping at Shef's hat, face, whatever he was gunning for, was PATHETIC. Did you notice the fans pointing him out right away? That sort of behavior is unwanted, wrong and despicable.

please, no one was pointing him out. People started throwing garbage onto the field.

Detroit > Boston.

total d*ckmove by that criminal Sox fan. Sheffield surprisingly did a good job of curtailing his roid rage.

That said, all you Yankee fans screaming for vengeance sound like a bunch of beer-swilling nitwits. And those of you calling all Red Sox fans scum of the Earth sound like the Fuhrer's stormtroopers

I saw people pointing him out as well as two women scrambling to get out of the way - looking incredulously at the idiot fan who started the whole thing.

The "passion" between these two teams can be a bit much, IMHO. It's a freakin' game - but the media continues to build up this "hatred" angle and everyone buys into it. Gets emtional. Gets stupid. Enough already.

total d*ckmove by that criminal Sox fan. Sheffield surprisingly did a good job of curtailing his roid rage.

That said, all you Yankee fans screaming for vengeance sound like a bunch of beer-swilling nitwits. And those of you calling all Red Sox fans scum of the Earth sound like the Fuhrer's stormtroopers

its a trend.

so Boston looks like scum

It's not fair to blame all Sawx fans. But this is disgraceful. If Sawx management doesn't see to it that this guy is locked up and prosecuted to the hilt as an example, then they should forfeit this game. You cannot have this.

the Sox post-game show said he was ejected, not charged.

Guys, check yourselves...its not a big deal. He kinda swiped at the brim of his hat, its not like he dumped a beer on his acne-covered, roid-inflated head.

It was a classless move, but Sheff is a classless guy. I do think the fan should be maybe fined for it or something 'cuz there is no excuse for a fan touching a player in any way, shape, or form...but let's be honest, it's kinda like karma for Sheffield. If it were Barry Bonds, you all would be singing a different tune. How is Sheffield any different than Bonds?

The guy is a tool and any yankee fan branding ALL Sox fans because of his daft actions is also a tool. The surrounding fans made sure he was singled out, security was right there to defuse the situation and I don't know how ESPN covered it, but Remy and Orsillo on NESN had the replays going and circled the jackass.

Guys, check yourselves...its not a big deal. He kinda swiped at the brim of his hat, its not like he dumped a beer on his acne-covered, roid-inflated head.

It was a classless move, but Sheff is a classless guy. I do think the fan should be maybe fined for it or something 'cuz there is no excuse for a fan touching a player in any way, shape, or form...but let's be honest, it's kinda like karma for Sheffield. If it were Barry Bonds, you all would be singing a different tune. How is Sheffield any different than Bonds?

I just heard Caron say he was arrested. What post game show are you listening to?

Why does it matter if he was ejected?

It's a trend there in Fenway

This is not the last time we see these actions there

Something has to be done.....maybe plexiglass like hockey....botttom line is you will seee that again in fenway without some serious preventive measures

Why does it matter if he was ejected?

It's a trend there in Fenway

This is not the last time we see these actions there

Something has to be done.....maybe plexiglass like hockey....botttom line is you will seee that again in fenway without some serious preventive measures

What like riot police keeping home fans in check like we saw in the Bronx last October?

I could have sworn I heard he was arrested - I hear it on the late news. I have a disqualifyer though - just finished doing my taxes, so my brain is slightly fried right now (no comments from the peanut gallery, please! :wink: )

The way Fenway is set-up - the fans being on top on the field - right on the field, actually - the only way to prevent this from happening again (I mean peole hanging over the barrier reaching for a ball) is 1) a net being erected or 2) security at the base of every row.

i don't care how much you hate/envy the yankees. to try to justify (in anyway) what that fan did is distastful. typical boston fan.

Jet/BosoxFan said:
dude...it wasnt exactly "malicious" as was the case with those crystal meth addicts in Chicago.

It was about as harmless as Jeffery Maier's interference, with less playoff implications. and I doubt any of you people were whining about that one.

haha man, just go to bed. For your own good. .

dude...it wasnt exactly "malicious" as was the case with those crystal meth addicts in Chicago.

It was about as harmless as Jeffery Maier's interference, with less playoff implications. and I doubt any of you people were whining about that one.

Lol....You make Bad Sox fans look good.

what you seem to be missing is, what if sheffield did lose his cool?? do we end up with the pacers at the pistons?? he swiped at sheffield & made contact with his face!! this was not down the line mind you. fair freakin territory!! PS please boston fans, don't try to tell me he was trying to swipe at the ball. no..freakin..way!!

Apparently a few Detroit fans need to come to Boston to show them how to really start a brawl.

Complete bitch move by that fan. Regardless of rivalry, you do not stopp to that level. Pistons fans are assholes and accordingly they embarrased themselves. At least the other fans stayed away and pointed the guy out to security

Archived