Joe Torre on the Boston fans:

Matt39

The Yankee organization better be careful what they say here. I've been at Yankee games against the Rickey Henderson/Jose Canseco A's where there were so many quarters and batteries flying out of the bleachers during commercial breaks that it looked like the field was being invaded by locusts.

The Yankee organization better be careful what they say here. I've been at Yankee games against the Rickey Henderson/Jose Canseco A's where there were so many quarters and batteries flying out of the bleachers during commercial breaks that it looked like the field was being invaded by locusts.

no, you're right

Ricky got it worse than anyone I've ever seen.

Still, F Boston.

Once again you are twisting words to tar the entire fanbase of the Red Sox. Torre was referring to the assclowns like the guy lastnight or the 2 yahoos in Chicago. He is not talking about all Boston fans.

Now you need to SIMMER DAHN NA!

All you need to know is what Schilling said, basically he would not want to play right field for the Sox the next time they visit NY.

It is pathetic this post is portraying NY fans as being above this type of behavior. Not.

All you need to know is what Schilling said, basically he would not want to play right field for the Sox the next time they visit NY.

It is pathetic this post is portraying NY fans as being above this type of behavior. Not.

You live in Kansas.

So your opinion is null and void.

sorry.

Ricky Henderson is a DI*K!!

I heckeled his punk a$$ good about 10 years ago at Yankee Stadium. :mrgreen:

Torre said that? What is his opinion about the fact that Sheffield admitted under oath to being a cheater and a juice-head? What did Torre say after Jeff Nelson assaulted a Sox staffer a while back - did he think Nelson was an animal?

Torre was a manager before he came to the Yankees right? I heard he was a terrible manager until he got to the team with the highest payroll. That can't be true, can it? If it is, wouldn't Torre kind of be over-rated as a manager?

Torre said that? What is his opinion about the fact that Sheffield admitted under oath to being a cheater and a juice-head? What did Torre say after Jeff Nelson assaulted a Sox staffer a while back - did he think Nelson was an animal?

Torre was a manager before he came to the Yankees right? I heard he was a terrible manager until he got to the team with the highest payroll. That can't be true, can it? If it is, wouldn't Torre kind of be over-rated as a manager?

if i were a met fan, i don't think i'd be throwing stones. i'd be happy with a winning steak. is it me, or do met fan hate/envy the yankees, more than they love the mets???

Why didn't you finish his quote? Probably because you don't agree with it.

Here's the entire quote, "No question, these people shouldn't be allowed to walk the streets, much less come to a ballgame. The sad part about it is it's a handful of people who screw it up for the people who just come to watch a ballgame."

Nice of the NY papers to print the whole thing, no?

Why didn't you finish his quote? Probably because you don't agree with it.

Here's the entire quote, "No question, these people shouldn't be allowed to walk the streets, much less come to a ballgame. The sad part about it is it's a handful of people who screw it up for the people who just come to watch a ballgame."

Nice of the NY papers to print the whole thing, no?

Bingo!

No way a man of class like Torre would call out the entire Red Sox fanbase. A yankee fan misusing the quote to call out all of Red Sox Nation is a clown.

its not Boston fan or Ny fans it idiot fans who think they are being funny and nothing can happen to them because then they can bring law suits up against the players for going back at them...

c;mon there are moron at the Jet games also...

Sheffield admitted to juicing? Wow and I thought he said something about applying an ointment only.

Torre has won 4 rings and is considered to be an average manager. Not sure how that equates to being overrated.

Sheffield admitted to juicing? Wow and I thought he said something about applying an ointment only.

Torre has won 4 rings and is considered to be an average manager. Not sure how that equates to being overrated.

Hi Maxie - nice board. Sheffield admitted to using steroids, which is cheating. He is a cheater, peroid.

Hi Maxie - nice board. Sheffield admitted to using steroids, which is cheating. He is a cheater, peroid.

The thing about Sheff is that he was good before steroids and he is good after them. Not saying he did or didn't take them (he probably did). Just saying it didn't make a dramatic difference with him.

Labeling a player like Giambi a cheater is fair IMO. Because he sucks without them!

God forbid this guy doesn't have a comment. What a media whore.

Bingo!

No way a man of class like Torre would call out the entire Red Sox fanbase. A yankee fan misusing the quote to call out all of Red Sox Nation is a clown.

your right about torre's class. but that's the only thing that stopped him from lumping in a larger % of knuckle dragging boston fans!!!

Bottom line: Torre overreated and should retract his statement. I keep hearing Sheffield is gonna be suspended for this.

Cant go into the stands, Garroid!

Torre stood up for his player, any good manager would have done the same thing. Francona over-reacted crying about balls and strikes the same way in defesnse of Arroyo. In my mind he made just as big of a spectacle.

Torre stood up for his player, any good manager would have done the same thing. Francona over-reacted crying about balls and strikes the same way in defesnse of Arroyo. In my mind he made just as big of a spectacle.

Different situations. I have no problem with what Torre said. Francona is only complaining about MLB's biggest problem after roids, the strike zone. It is too inconsistent from umpire to umpire and is getting worse from play to play. I can remember too many instances where the Sox have benfitted and been screwed on balls clearly out out or clearly in the zone and being called wrong.

Joe saying what he said was deplorable, lets be honest! He admittedly didnt even see it happen. Then Sheffield, who obviously lied about being "punched in the mouth" and having a "busted lip" maes Joe look kinda look like a jerk here.

He should know Garroid is a bad guy, an obvious liar, a scumbag without any loyalty, and basically somebody whose back you dont want to have.

I get that Torre was trying to protect his players, but can these lowlife athletes/managers in pro sports keep their ignorant opinions to themselves for once? How 'bout this: Can Joe be objective for once and say: Garroid shouldnt have pushed the guy, no matter what he did/said unless his well-being was TRULY in danger"

Joe saying what he said was deplorable, lets be honest! He admittedly didnt even see it happen. Then Sheffield, who obviously lied about being "punched in the mouth" and having a "busted lip" maes Joe look kinda look like a jerk here.

He should know Garroid is a bad guy, an obvious liar, a scumbag without any loyalty, and basically somebody whose back you dont want to have.

I get that Torre was trying to protect his players, but can these lowlife athletes/managers in pro sports keep their ignorant opinions to themselves for once? How 'bout this: Can Joe be objective for once and say: Garroid shouldnt have pushed the guy, no matter what he did/said unless his well-being was TRULY in danger"

wow...you really believe your own bull sh*t, don't you??? #-orofl2.gif

Chris House wasnt going for the ball...though he said he was...so he is a liar. He was trying to distract Sheffield.

Garroid wasnt hit in the jaw, nor did he get a busted lip from the incident...though he said he was...so he is a liar too. Bottom line is, Garroid has said he intentionally commits errors, he bought tens of thousands of dollars worht of packages from BALCO and denied using steroids intentionally, he tried to screw over the Yankees and reneg on a contract last offseason, he bitches about a contract he HIMSELF authored before this season...he is a career .300+ hitter who has played on about 10 different teams because he is a scumbag and Torre shouldnt believe a word he says if he wants to remain credible!

Chris House wasnt going for the ball...though he said he was...so he is a liar. He was trying to distract Sheffield.

Garroid wasnt hit in the jaw, nor did he get a busted lip from the incident...though he said he was...so he is a liar too. Bottom line is, Garroid has said he intentionally commits errors, he bought tens of thousands of dollars worht of packages from BALCO and denied using steroids intentionally, he tried to screw over the Yankees and reneg on a contract last offseason, he b!tches about a contract he HIMSELF authored before this season...he is a career .300+ hitter who has played on about 10 different teams because he is a scumbag and Torre shouldnt believe a word he says if he wants to remain credible!

poop.gifpoop.gifpoop.gifrofl2.gif

Archived