Time to eat crow

4HCrew

Where are all of the Coles bashers? the ones that said he is no better than a #2 wr? the ones that said Saintana is better? where are you? oh let me guess you were his fan all along..got to love football. Probably the same ones that love Chad now.

What about the ones that said that his foot injury was permanent and he would never put up big numbers again? I still like Moss too and think that Moss brings things to the table that Coles can't. I'd have rather kept both.

Where are all of the Coles bashers? the ones that said he is no better than a #2 wr? the ones that said Saintana is better? where are you? oh let me guess you were his fan all along..got to love football. Probably the same ones that love Chad now.

coles and penny just have a vibe together,, nice thing to watch

How is Moss over the middle taking a hit? how is Moss playing hurt? cmon already his year in Washington last year was great but mainly on deep balls. LC is the better all around wr and a team player

This has been hashed and re-hashed to death. I don't give a damn if he gets his yards on deep balls or 100 short shots. Production is production. Moss is much more likely to take a Bob Hayes (wr screen-he's even before my time, but that was our terminology) or short slant the distance and he can return punts. Last year we didn't have anybody that could even catch punts. They are both very good, depends which way you want to go with the offense.

Yes, it is time for me to eat crow. Pennington to Coles is back. But can you blame me? NOTHING worked efficiently and smoothly after Pennington's injuries, and Herm Edwards did nothing to improve the situation in 2005. What can I say? I am optimistic about the Eric Mangini regime, and am more than impressed at the leaps and bounds this team has improved by after just 3 weeks.

want me to serve you up another plate of crow? you just downed that one ;):D

Show me when I said David Wright is better than A-Rod. Only then would it make sense for me to "eat crow". People just got worked up when I said I'd prefer the 24-year old Wright on my team RIGHT NOW because he plays solid D, has a helluva hitters eye and real potential to be among the best, if not THE best, third baseman of his era over a guy who is 6 years older, makes about $15 million more, plays questionable D and fails year after year to come through when his team is counting on it. The fact that he helped the Yankees clinch the division does not translate to mean his "unclutch" label is gone.

If you would like to discuss this subject further, keep it to the baseball forum or PM me.

hahaha did you guys see Plaxico with his sideways hat watching Eli drive and throw to Tyree? he must've been a major assclown to get benched

Major assclown? He fumbled (again) and basically redirected a Manning pass into the hands of a waiting defender. Plus he's got a big mouth and always seem to be complaining. Assclown seems a little mild. I'm betting the Giants say "His back tightened up." He missed practice with it Thursday.

Show me when I said David Wright is better than A-Rod. Only then would it make sense for me to "eat crow". People just got worked up when I said I'd prefer the 24-year old Wright on my team RIGHT NOW because he plays solid D, has a helluva hitters eye and real potential to be among the best, if not THE best, third baseman of his era over a guy who is 6 years older, makes about $15 million more, plays questionable D and fails year after year to come through when his team is counting on it. The fact that he helped the Yankees clinch the division does not translate to mean his "unclutch" label is gone.

If you would like to discuss this subject further, keep it to the baseball forum or PM me.

im just bustin your balls man, no need to take things so personal

it is all about consistency...and then it is about the commanding the trenches...Mangold does so much more over the long haul for the Jets

We have no idea what Mangold does for the Jets over the long haul. None. So far the team has not had any running game to speak of. Would you trade J. Abraham and/or Santana Moss for a center that can't block for the run? Hopefully he'll develop, but at this time we're just hoping.

We have no idea what Mangold does for the Jets over the long haul. None. So far the team has not had any running game to speak of. Would you trade J. Abraham and/or Santana Moss for a center that can't block for the run? Hopefully he'll develop, but at this time we're just hoping.

3 games and Pennington has been sacked how many times? Mangold is making all of the line calls on his own after 3 games. You can't say hope - it's all a crapshoot anyway - but so far I'd say Mangold has been impressive.

Meanwhile, JAbe ain't playing tonight and sideline Santana has been great for the 'skins but was mediocre at best in NY. I'll take Coles and Mangold over those other guys anyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

It takes time for the run blocking to come together. With two rooks, I didn't expect much until about mid season. Pass blocking has been very good. I take Mangold anytime over Abe who disappears for all but several plays in the game.

That's all nice, but the Falcons basically traded Mangold for Abraham AND give Abraham a huge deal. Abraham's value higher than Mangold.

Moss was traded straight up for Coles in a deal that was good for both teams. In fact, they did so even though Coles was under contract and they knew they'd have to give Moss a big deal. Would you trade Coles for Mangold? I didn't think so. In fact, the original point of this thread was "Eat crow - Coles is awesome."

I'm not complaining about the steps this team is taking, but you guys that discredit anybody who leaves the Jets are ridiculous. Value is value.

That's all nice, but the Falcons basically traded Mangold for Abraham AND give Abraham a huge deal. Abraham's value higher than Mangold.

Moss was traded straight up for Coles in a deal that was good for both teams. In fact, they did so even though Coles was under contract and they knew they'd have to give Moss a big deal. Would you trade Coles for Mangold? I didn't think so. In fact, the original point of this thread was "Eat crow - Coles is awesome."

I'm not complaining about the steps this team is taking, but you guys that discredit anybody who leaves the Jets are ridiculous. Value is value.

Abe useless to a team for playoff hopes,, he is a big stat guy in a few games, then disappears in many games,, if his team is behind he is useless as he cant play the run..

then come crunch time, adios muchacho

Archived