Gostkowski=Noodle leg

SoFlaJets

You are kidding about number 3 right? If there is any position on

a football team that age doesn't make a difference its PK. How

many are playing in their 30s and I think there maybe a couple of

40s around. And he wasn't your average kicker.

Yeah and I could probably kick a longer FG then Anderson.

I think Belichick and Pioli let AV go for health concerns. He has had back problems in the past. His less then stellar year last year probably made them forgo resigning him.

I agree age does not matter as much, but it is not like they retain their range as they get older. While it is not helping the 2006 Patriots, it is better to let him go too early then too late.

2. :rolleyes: There is one franchise that has been consistently good for the better part of the last decae and a half....the Steelers. Only 3 losing seasons. Why? They do not over pay and they develop talent. The Patriots emulate this. Maybe they did not anticipate the Branch situation falling apart, but paying him top dollar will allow someone else to leave.

Branch had little to do with the Pats' salary cap. They simply didn't want to pay him. They are under the cap by plenty & could've made the $13M SB he eventually got into a RB that came 100% off the 2006 cap plus a $2M salary (Pats are at least $15M under for this year so what does it matter if all that space was eaten up by Branch? You can’t use extra 2006 cap space in 2007 & beyond anyway.). The rest of the contract would’ve been no problem; particularly for someone as important as their golden boy Tom Brady’s favorite target.

His cap # would be inflated for 2006, but who cares? It wouldn’t affect future cap. He’d have counted about $3.5M in ’07, $4M in 08, $5M in ’09, etc. With a cap that’ll probably balloon up to $110M just next year (and who knows what after that), it was pretty shortsighted (not to mention arrogant) of the Pats.

And it’s actually LESS risky for NE than a regular signing bonus of half that amount. If he had a career-ending injury there would be absolutely no cap repercussion if he suddenly retired since there would be no amortized bonus (since it all came off in year one).

The only difference there would’ve been was in Bob Kraft’s bank account.

Branch had little to do with the Pats' salary cap. They simply didn't want to pay him. They are under the cap by plenty & could've made the $13M SB he eventually got into a RB that came 100% off the 2006 cap plus a $2M salary (Pats are at least $15M under for this year so what does it matter if all that space was eaten up by Branch? You can

Correction: Jackson has a harmstring injury that has been dogging him since he became a Patriot. So, the reason he can't get on the field is health - not stupidity - even though I can understand that assumption hailing from such an academic powerhouse. ;)

I've followed this team for a long time and I know how this present FO works. There is a deeper issue than anyone has touched upon. I just know it. There is something going on with Brady - and it's not any of the points any of you have brought forth. He's not the type to pout for long. He's not the type to ever have consecutive bad games. He's not the type to protest. He's the model citizen-leadership guy. Nope, there is something troubling him and I suspect it's personal. The last time I saw him play like poop for a "prolonged" period of time was when he was out carousing with that tramp Tara Reid for a few months. (que SJ and his "tail" theory...lol!)

You may be right on Brady as lame an excuse that is for a pro athlete(see Chad's fathers heart attack) but prior to game one the Herald was reporting:

Rookie Chad Jackson should be in the mix as well, but there are rumblings his absence has as much to do with an inability to learn the playbook as it does with a balky hamstring. Whatever the reason, Jackson hasn’t taken a snap since the Outback Bowl.

Source: Boston Herald

You may be right on Brady as lame an excuse that is for a pro athlete(see Chad's fathers heart attack) but prior to game one the Herald was reporting:

Rookie Chad Jackson should be in the mix as well, but there are rumblings his absence has as much to do with an inability to learn the playbook as it does with a balky hamstring. Whatever the reason, Jackson hasn

And that story is crap. The Herald is famous for thowing controversial stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks. If it was true (see bold)- explain to me that touchdown catch he had against the Jets last week.

It was written prior to game one of the season Garb but with BB's silence on injury reports one has to wonder did he run bad routes during the Jets game other than the TD catch.

It was written prior to game one of the season Garb but with BB's silence on injury reports one has to wonder did he run bad routes during the Jets game other than the TD catch.

On the Pats first pass play against the Jets, Jackson beat Dyson by 3 steps up the left side.

And then Brady over threw him by 10 yards.:eek:

I heard Tom Brady's Monday Morning interview on local sports radio this morning. He stated that Chad was a game time scratch because his hammy wasn't cooperating. Since I do not believe Brady to be a liar, I'll take his word for it.

As far as bad route running goes, please see Reche Caldwell.

On the Pats first pass play against the Jets, Jackson beat Dyson by 3 steps up the left side.

And then Brady over threw him by 10 yards.:eek:

Not even close...

On the Pats first pass in that game, Brady overthrew Troy Brown, who was well covered by Justin Miller.

(at least you got the Brady part right)

I think you mixed up the real world with your Madden game.

It must be that..I mean, you would never make up something to prove a point. :rolleyes:

Not even close...

On the Pats first pass in that game, Brady overthrew Troy Brown, who was well covered by Justin Miller.

(at least you got the Brady part right)

I think you mixed up the real world with your Madden game.

It must be that..I mean, you would never make up something to prove a point. :rolleyes:

"and down goes Frazier".....

The Pats still won that game.

He made the comment that Gostowski would cost the Pats some wins.

If you would read you would see that I did not say Gostkowski cost the Patriots anything in the Jets or Broncos games. Yes, I said he will cost you guys a game this season and he hasn't yet but that he has had 2 terrible kicks in big situations so far, setting himself for an eventually game loser.

If you would read you would see that I did not say Gostkowski cost the Patriots anything in the Jets or Broncos games. Yes, I said he will cost you guys a game this season and he hasn't yet but that he has had 2 terrible kicks in big situations so far, setting himself for an eventually game loser.

Time will tell.

Keep in mind, he has yet to miss two FG's (both chip shots) and an extra point in one friggn' game.

He has a long way to go to replicate that pathetic performance.

Archived