A-Rod a hero

PETROCK

I don't care much for the Yankees, but I have to give credit where credit is due.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cs-0504150140apr15,1,489718.story?coll=cs-baseball-print&ctrack=1&cset=true

A-Rod a hero--in Boston?

AP

April 15, 2005

Alex Rodriguez saved an 8-year-old boy from serious injury when he prevented the youngster from getting hit by a truck. The Yankees star said Thursday he was standing in a crosswalk in Boston on Tuesday when he saw the boy starting to run across the street into the path of an onrushing truck. "The kid was going to get run over. I just kind of put my arm out and stopped him," he said. It turns out the boy, Patrick McCarthy, was already a fan of A-Rod. "He said, `Whoa, watch out, buddy,"' McCarthy said in a TV interview Thursday. "I was like, wow! Like I was shocked, because he's my favorite player on the Yankees." Rodriguez said he also had to hurry to avoid being hit by the truck. "I almost got it too," he said.

=D>=D>

Did you see that he hit a foul ball yesterday (at least I thought it was A-Rod) and Doug Flutie caught it???

I saw that. Flutie went wild after catching the foul ball, just like one of us would.

It's cool to see major league athletes act just like regular people.

Archived