Watching the MNF pregame shows....

Ranger

I am tired of hearing about hurrican Katrina and New Orleans......That's all I have heard all ****in day.....No need to rehash this **** again.....flame me if you want, but this is rediculous......What about the people in Mississippi and other parts of Louisiana that had to go through hell....don't hear them being talked about (i know because the team doesn't play there).....just had to vent.

Think I am being insensitive....**** off.....every other city has had a tragedy too

No one's forcing you to watch. I do think you're being insensitive about this.

I remember being in the Bronx the day Bush through out the first pitch after 9/11, and it just shows how resilient we are as a nation, to overcome devastating events of war, or in this case, by mother nature.

It is a source of pride to get back up after being knocked down.

01.jpg

13.jpg

22.jpg

No one's forcing you to watch. I do think you're being insensitive about this.

I remember being in the Bronx the day Bush through out the first pitch after 9/11, and it just shows how resilient we are as a nation, to overcome devastating events of war, or in this case, by mother nature.

It is a source of pride to get back up after being knocked down.

That'll show them terrorists!

117, you know what was strange about that day: I had to be in the Bronx court house that afternoon, and hung around until the game...I could not believe the number of secret service, federal police, NYPD and other law enforcement that was swarming thru the neighborhood. It was a little frightening and reassuring at the same time.

I am tired of hearing about hurrican Katrina and New Orleans......That's all I have heard all ****in day.....No need to rehash this **** again.....flame me if you want, but this is rediculous......What about the people in Mississippi and other parts of Louisiana that had to go through hell....don't hear them being talked about (i know because the team doesn't play there).....just had to vent.

Think I am being insensitive....**** off.....every other city has had a tragedy too

I understand your point, but I think the city of New Orleans is symbolic of all areas affected by the hurricane. The reopening of the dome was symbolic of our nation's resiliency. It will also encourage tourism and bring much needed commerce back to the area. As sick of hearing about Katrina as you are there are quite a lot of people that are STILL not back in their homes a year later. This should be even MORE in our minds now than it is.

Archived