You want draft news? Link to THE site

TomShane

Alright, this is a link to DraftDaddy.com, which, as you know is run by Matt Bitonti, and gets info from GJ&H and Riggins a.k.a. "The Oracle." I'm posting the link to their draft blog because, quite frankly, it's the best info you're going to find on the web. I've been searching all day for draft and combine stuff and have been coming up with crap, and keep ending up back at DraftDaddy. And those of you who know how much I hate bitonti knows that I'm not just saying that to kiss his ass. :lol:

All I ask is that out of respect for all the work those guys put in to that site, that you do not, under any circumstances cut and paste any material from there and stick it here. Those dudes are obviously killing themselves to get that stuff together, so enjoy it. If you do have any morsels you want to refer back to, just drop the link in here, and NOT the article. Thanks, dudes.

http://www.draftdaddy.com/Blog/blog.cfm

Thanks men: And here's a promise (I battled my friend Bitonti over this a little): I'm not gonna waste my time on prospects that are "LONGSHOTS" like all the other sites do....just won't; don't care about agents either.

So if a player makes our site, he's legit in our warped minds :twisted: ...

The Net is full of stories of average D-1a players and D2 and D3 players getting looks....Unless they are Larry Brackins or Jordan Beck types, we ignore them.

P.S: Good news in the blog--Packers.com will televise the Combine this weekend over the Net (I presume for free?)...

Thanks again.

Thanks men: And here's a promise (I battled my friend Bitonti over this a little): I'm not gonna waste my time on prospects that are "LONGSHOTS" like all the other sites do....just won't; don't care about agents either.

So if a player makes our site, he's legit in our warped minds :twisted: ...

The Net is full of stories of average D-1a players and D2 and D3 players getting looks....Unless they are Larry Brackins or Jordan Beck types, we ignore them.

P.S: Good news in the blog--Packers.com will televise the Combine this weekend over the Net (I presume for free?)...

Thanks again.

Rigs, in all seriousness, you guys are infinitely better than anyone else out there, and one reason, as you pointed out, is you don't waste 1000 words hyping up some garbage player that won't even get drafted. Unbelievable work over there, and amazing improvement from where it once was. I can't believe how many sh*t draft sites are out there right now. You guys are really at another level. Major kudos. If you guys ever have any tips for Max and myself about how to get "there", please send them along.

Thanks TS...much appreciated.

I've been surfing these draft sites since 1999....What always turned me off, was sites selling worthless players and leading you to believe untrue crap...

What ever happened to LB Brendan Given (Stillman); S Kelly Howe (North Dakota); DT Pepe Pichette (Temple) and a zillion others???

Used to think due to Net hype, they'd ALL be the next Chrebet or Delhomme (albeit different positions).

What I found, was they were a bunch fine people (I assume), but not really NFL prospects....Other sites do it to please small time agents, that promise to give them insider info... We've had the same sharks contact us.

But insider info to what?

More CFL practice squad types, at best?

More 40 times run on downward sloping asphalt? :lol:

The worst part is, I do most of the content, so you get frazzled after a while....If this was a job, maybe...But as a "hobby" I simply can't get hyped for average players and write stuff.

P.S: I put forth some advice to Maxman last night--it was a good back and forth...Basically, I said he should watch out for "invisable posters"...You don't want too many when your building a site from scratch--need to give the impression that the site is very active (a ton of names listed).

This site is a blast...I really like it more than I expected, to be honest :lol:

Thanks Rigs. We're still a little hokey, info-wise (I'm in charge of content -gulp-), but we're getting there. If we can keep Smizzy and Max from posting endless toilet humor all day we' be OK. We should have the front page up next week, and we have some awesome articles coming--edgy stuff--that should make for interesting reads, anyway. Let us know when you get new stuff up on DD, we'll gladly put links up to it, and we promise not to cut&paste. I can't imagine the kind of work you put in to compile all of that info. Amazing. I saw it and was like "Oh damn, we'd never be able to replicate this," so I just deferred to you guys. Awesome, awesome job.

Thanks Rigs. We're still a little hokey, info-wise (I'm in charge of content -gulp-), but we're getting there. If we can keep Smizzy and Max from posting endless toilet humor all day we' be OK. We should have the front page up next week, and we have some awesome articles coming--edgy stuff--that should make for interesting reads, anyway. Let us know when you get new stuff up on DD, we'll gladly put links up to it, and we promise not to cut&paste. I can't imagine the kind of work you put in to compile all of that info. Amazing. I saw it and was like "Oh damn, we'd never be able to replicate this," so I just deferred to you guys. Awesome, awesome job.
So toliet humor & dick jokes aren't kosher anymore Rabbi Shane?

Amizzy, if it wasn't for dick jokes and toilet humor I'd be a mute, you snapperhead. Carry on. :lol:

That's more like it,although i will tone it down when asked,you know when you guys get real big and the NFL is recruiting you for Press passes :wink:

That's more like it,although i will tone it down when asked,you know when you guys get real big and the NFL is recruiting you for Press passes :wink:

:lol: Quiet. I'm on the phone with Paul Tags right now. oop. Oooop. Yes sir.

Whoops, sorry Max. Looks like Paul Tags wants you gone. :lol::lol:

thanks for the kind words TomShane -

the best advice i can give you guys is to be different - that's what will make you memorable -

now obviously having a resident homo as a moderator is "different" but i really think articles like advice columns for example would be a great change of pace from sites that report the same tired story that everyone already knows.

another good piece of advice is to be patient - it took me an Riggo two years to get it the way it needed to be and to be honest it's still not there. the site is perpetually under construction, and until i can gain the capital to hire a warehouse full of Chinamen to do it for me that will probably be the case indefinately - don't look at it as a linear goal as in A to B to C think of it as an experience that will change infinately over time - like sorting the mail a good site never reaches it's goal it just keeps going...

---

as for random draft notes -

-Mike Williams weighed in at 229 - that was step 1 getting below 230 - it would not surprise me to see him burn a 4.45 40 and retake the top WR spot in consensus

-Braylon Edwards has been so upbeat and charismatic at combine weekend the dude can get a job in the offseason subbing for tony robbins. He's a better "true" WR prospect as a deep threat than MW but Williams will be better in traffic and moving the chains.

-Aaron Rodgers measuring at 6-2 was very significant - if he was two inches shorter he would have dropped out of the top 5... and maybe much further. As it stands however he could be consensus #1 - an ironically funny quote from this guy was when the press asked him about meeting his childhood hero Steve Young - "he's alot shorter than i thought he was" - touche Aaron, touche -

-im sorry to Peter King, Mel Kiper etc, but the top 3 picks have to be Aaron Rodgers, Alex Smith and a longhorn (either Cedric Benson or Derrick Johnson) - anyone who says differently doesn't have the big picture in mind. I can't see a scenario where these QBs don't go 1,2. But i have been wrong in the past... no one is taking Braylon top 3... and Cadillac should be the third RB off the board - i don't know who his agent bribed this week but from the press this guy is getting my guess is EVERYONE.

-the 26 reps by Khalif Barnes was impressive for 2 reasons - 1st when we are evaluating bench press reps it's always more impressive when the guy has a big wingspan - these guys have further to go - 26 is a nice round number - not amazingly superior but a very good baseline for a guy not yet in a pro strength program - 2nd according to foxsports he only rates his right wrist rehab as 90% complete - he logs a sub 5 sec 40 time on monday the rise will continue in the teens for Khalif.

(link: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3421978 )

Archived