Pats work out Testaverde

tonysxl1200c

I don't disagree but at the moment the Jets actually appear to have depth at QB with Ramsey as the back up and both Clemens and Smith on the team. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Brad Smith is the Jets QB of the future.

Ramsey is mostly crap - but he has played in the NFL. Clemens and Smith - unknown. And until it is KNOWN - I have a hard time buying the "depth" line. Having bodies does not mean "depth" to me. "Depth" - to me anyway - means having "capable" bodies. Can anyopne say for certain that Clemens, Smith - or Cassell - can step in and do a "capable" job? Nope.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dear God,

Please let New England sign Vinny and have him be the starting QB against my beloved New York Jets in our second game this season..

Amen

That would require TB and Matt Casell going down to injury....kind of like what happened to the Jets QB's last year. So, what you are saying is that you wish injury on the Pats QB's. And, you finish it off with an "amen" - talk about bad karma, man!

Dear God,

Please let New England sign Vinny and have him be the starting QB against my beloved New York Jets in our second game this season..

Amen

The Patriots have brought in like 10 players over the past two weeks and signed like one of them.

Just ensuring their FA list is accurate.

Dear God,

Amen

I have to disagree. Its not that I always liked vinny's days in NY but

lets face it the guy is going to get killed out there if last years performance

has anything to do with it. Every time he got hit hard he was out for awhile.

Hate to see that happen to him.

So even if they sign him I don't think he would still be around when we

play them in November.

That would require TB and Matt Casell going down to injury....kind of like what happened to the Jets QB's last year. So, what you are saying is that you wish injury on the Pats QB's. And, you finish it off with an "amen" - talk about bad karma, man!

or maybe that they have been benched-you ever consider that?My karma's fine Garb don't worry about me-I'm not an A-hole who EVER in the over 10,000 posts I have made on JETS boards have EVER EVER EVER wished or applauded an injury to any player...ever-did I mention that?

or maybe that they have been benched-you ever consider that?My karma's fine Garb don't worry about me-I'm not an A-hole who EVER in the over 10,000 posts I have made on JETS boards have EVER EVER EVER wished or applauded an injury to any player...ever-did I mention that?

Nice backpeddle.....

So, Tom Brady (who last week had a QB rating of 79) and Matt Cassell (who hasn't played this year - thankfully) will both be benched in favor of Vinny Testeverde who can't move and is 75 years old. Yeah, that's difinitely logical and probable and I can completely see how that would be your line of thinking...

Nice backpeddle.....

So, Tom Brady (who last week had a QB rating of 79) and Matt Cassell (who hasn't played this year - thankfully) will both be benched in favor of Vinny Testeverde who can't move and is 75 years old. Yeah, that's difinitely logical and probable and I can completely see how that would be your line of thinking...

hey have you ever prayed to win the lottery?...same deal...

There he goes again post 5001 about the 37 years.

You know you are one sick person. You really need help.

Why don't you come up to next years Pats game and I'll see if i can

help you overcome your problem.

What's the matter there Senior?

You don't like "facts"?

It's not my fault you are a fan of one of the most pathetic teams (along with the Saints, Lions, Cards and Browns) in the NFL since the merger.

While we may disagree as to where each of our teams stand right now, I think it pretty indiputable that the Jets are an improving team and the Partriots are a team moving in the other direction.

The trend is your friend... never fight the trend.

And what do you base your "trend" on?

3 games out of 16?

When all is said and done this year, the Pats will have won their 4th consectutive AFCE title and the Jets will once again have a top 10 draft pick.

What's the matter there Senior?

You don't like "facts"?

It's not my fault you are a fan of one of the most pathetic teams (along with the Saints, Lions, Cards and Browns) in the NFL since the merger.

Yes your right those are the facts. Put it down and take it to the bank.

But you are one sick bastard and that is a fact also.

Don't know who is worse you or TO.

So, let me get this straight - VT works out for the Pats so he can be a practice dummy and clipboard warrior - and somehow this clearly shows the Pats demise. Interesting.....and the Jets third QB is who?

Matt Cassell is the number two QB. Lets hope it never gets to THAT - let alone VT. No Brady - Pats have a losing record, guaranteed.

Can you believe these Jets fans??????

Two wins over bottom-feeding teams and now they are experts on what team is on the rise and what team is on the decline.

Unbelievable.

3 games out of 16?

When all is said and done this year, the Pats will have won their 4th consectutive AFCE title and the Jets will once again have a top 10 draft pick.

how about a bet on that Tex?-If the Jets have a top ten pick because of their record I'll leave this board for a year-if not YOU LEAVE for a year....well?

Can you believe these Jets fans??????

Two wins over bottom-feeding teams and now they are experts on what team is on the rise and what team is on the decline.

Unbelievable.

so i guess the pats are $hit too..they beat 2 bottom feeder teams too huh..

As your know he has to pay to make stupid statements on here so

he"s allowed.

[:soapbox: ]Senior,

I just deleted my initial response. Anytime I break my own no cursing rule I think I should take a step back.

Five people were turned away this month who offered money. There was a one time paypal thing that I setup to buy exclusive rights to this site. Many people bailed me out during a tough time for me. And it is appreciated. Tx gave money. JetFanFl gave money as did Savage and many others. In total it raised about $1,000. Those one time donations in no way dictate policy here. Sell my soul for $1,000? Cmon. I could get $1,400 for my soul easily.

Besides where is the paypal button today? That's right, it doesn't exist. Where was the support JetNation drive at the free tailgate you went to? That would have made me some cash. Oh that's right -- this site isn't about the money.

I volunteer my time. The mods volunteer their time as do the writers and the tech people. It is not about the money here and I take offense at you questioning my character. Now I have warned you before. So I hate to have to do this. But I am calling the internet police. They are going to stop by this afternoon and remove your internet access. Effective at 3pm today you are banned from the internet.

[/:soapbox: ]

3 games out of 16?

Not at all. The trend was actually in place for all to see last year except that it was masked to a certain degree by the fact that the AFC east took a very big step backwards. The evidence was clear that your team was a 500 team outside of the division. I know the Jets stank last year but the fact reamins that there was also a bit of a stench emanating from Foxboro. This season the rot is just one year further advanced is all.

The Pats may very well win the East again this year. Let's be honest, I can do that, can you do the same? The AFC East is a weak division TOP to bottom. Even if the PAts do win, your days as a force amongst the elite in the NFL have just as clearly passed by at this point. That, my myopic buddy represents a TREND. As in a SLOPE.... Elite-->not elite-->bottom feeder?...a long slippery down hill slope. Any other remedial information I can help you out on? Perheps we can search for smaller words if you think that might help.

P.S. How much under the cap are the Pats as they stand today?

Sorry TX but it looks like the PATS are done.

Patriots Work out Testaverde

Moles at Logan Airport just called to let us in on the news that Vinny Testaverde was in Foxboro today working out for the Patriots.

This means the Pats have now worked out Testaverde and Tommy Maddox in the past two weeks. One wonders what the great urgency is at the quarterback position. The Pats seemed comfortable with Tom Brady and Matt Cassel as their two-man team coming out of training camp.

Maybe the distress Brady showed Sunday night has the team concerned. Perhaps they feel the presence of another veteran could help to give Brady a sounding board.

When you think about it, Brady is in many ways the elder statesman on that offense. He predates every player on that side of the ball except wide receiver Troy Brown and left tackle Matt Light and he's also working under the NFL's youngest offensive coordinator, Josh McDaniels, 29.

An awful lot has been put on the plate of the Patriots quarterback from running the offense to being an on-field and in-practice coach to a fairly raw set of offensive players.

Patriots Work out Testaverde

Moles at Logan Airport just called to let us in on the news that Vinny Testaverde was in Foxboro today working out for the Patriots.

This means the Pats have now worked out Testaverde and Tommy Maddox in the past two weeks. One wonders what the great urgency is at the quarterback position. The Pats seemed comfortable with Tom Brady and Matt Cassel as their two-man team coming out of training camp.

Maybe the distress Brady showed Sunday night has the team concerned. Perhaps they feel the presence of another veteran could help to give Brady a sounding board.

When you think about it, Brady is in many ways the elder statesman on that offense. He predates every player on that side of the ball except wide receiver Troy Brown and left tackle Matt Light and he's also working under the NFL's youngest offensive coordinator, Josh McDaniels, 29.

An awful lot has been put on the plate of the Patriots quarterback from running the offense to being an on-field and in-practice coach to a fairly raw set of offensive players.

I have a couple of questions:

If there are moles at Logan Airport in Boston - how exactly did they know he was going to Foxboro - which is about 45 minutes away?

He lives on LI, right? The lazy schmuck couldn't drive for four hours? So, instead he goes to the airport - gets on a plane - gets off a plane and gets to his final destination is um.....3 1/2 hours?

:P

Isn't it time to go feed your jackass?

Gotta say TX, you can sure dish it out and hide behind the veil of sarcasm when called out but you come up very small when the shoe is on the other foot.

These posts are nothing more than what you've done 30,000 times.

Have fun with it and don't be such a child. Children receive timeouts as you are well aware.;)

I have a couple of questions:

If there are moles at Logan Airport in Boston - how exactly did they know he was going to Foxboro - which is about 45 minutes away?

He lives on LI, right? The lazy schmuck couldn't drive for four hours? So, instead he goes to the airport - gets on a plane - gets off a plane and gets to his final destination is um.....3 1/2 hours?

:P

LI has an airport why drive if you can hop a puddle jumper and be there in minutes-and you have the trip paid for? Screw driving if you don't have to..

LI has an airport why drive if you can hop a puddle jumper and be there in minutes-and you have the trip paid for? Screw driving if you don't have to..

True - but that hairy beast would have to check the bag containing his hot wax solution -for surely that unibrow grows back in 45 minutes or less. You have to look neat for a job interview, you know. Anyway, ever go to baggage claim at Logan? Ha!

Archived