Should Tom Brady be benched?

EM31

Ridiculous on it's face I would agree but perhaps not so very outlandish if you consider the following.

<> The Patriots are an organization with very little tolerance for player revolt. If you make comments in the media which are critical of the front office then the chances are that you will be dealt with in a most severe fashion up to and including your trade or release. At the ver least you can usually count on a message being sent.

<> Tom Brady has been critical about the way that the organization has handled the whole Deion Branch situtation.

<> Brady has been variously observed to be "lethargic" or "sleepwalking" or "in a funk" out there on the sidelines and even admitted as much to reporters in the week following the Buffalo Bills game.

<> Stories in the media, critical of the Front office are everywhere from the Peter King power rankings to the pretty damning Selena Roberts story in today's times. The story compared the way that Tom Coughlin may be losing the Giants but it is not as bad as New England where Bellichick may have already lost the Patriots team.

So given all of this, is it time to to tell Tom Brady to grab some bench for a game or two to send a message to Brady and the entire roster of ungrateful money grubbing players? Maybe bring in a veteran with lots of NFL experience to run the team for a few games.... Not so outlandish after all.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ridiculous on it's face I would agree but perhaps not so very outlandish if you consider the following.

<> The Patriots are an organization with very little tolerance for player revolt. If you make comments in the media which are critical of the front office then the chances are that you will be dealt with in a most severe fashion up to and including your trade or release. At the ver least you can usually count on a message being sent.

<> Tom Brady has been critical about the way that the organization has handled the whole Deion Branch situtation.

<> Brady has been variously observed to be "lethargic" or "sleepwalking" or "in a funk" out there on the sidelines and even admitted as much to reporters in the week following the Buffalo Bills game.

<> Stories in the media, critical of the Front office are everywhere from the Peter King power rankings to the pretty damning Selena Roberts story in today's times. The story compared the way that Tom Coughlin may be losing the Giants but it is not as bad as New England where Bellichick may have already lost the Patriots team.

So given all of this, is it time to to tell Tom Brady to grab some bench for a game or two to send a message to Brady and the entire roster of ungrateful money grubbing players? Maybe bring in a veteran with lots of NFL experience to run the team for a few games.... Not so outlandish after all.

It's time to recognize that BB stole Parcells entire coaching staff and was on the way to a crash and burn career until Mo Lewis took out Bledsoe and the Pats ended up with the best and cheapest QB in the league to go with an incredible staff and a very talented team. The Staff has moved on and Brady apparently doesn't love Mr. personality. It's time for Mr. personality to leave and to surround Brady with the staff and personal this great talent deserves.

It's time to recognize that BB stole Parcells entire coaching staff and was on the way to a crash and burn career until Mo Lewis took out Bledsoe and the Pats ended up with the best and cheapest QB in the league to go with an incredible staff and a very talented team. The Staff has moved on and Brady apparently doesn't love Mr. personality. It's time for Mr. personality to leave and to surround Brady with the staff and personal this great talent deserves.

Winston good to see you! Why the name change?

In any event I think the players probably need to feel a bit nervous about their wives around Bill Bellichick. I mean maybe he is going to be trying to give them his other play book after the players are in bed with the team curfew... I would think that all of this has to play into the mindset of the players and lead to a general feeling of unease. Especially if they have a hot wife as many of these players probably do.

Just think he can take the money that the team is not paying to (read "chisling from") the players and give it in gifts directly to the players wives! If they are gold diggers as some of them assuredly are then they get to cut out the middle man and Belly gets some extra tail.

Winston good to see you! Why the name change?

In any event I think the players probably need to feel a bit nervous about their wives around Bill Bellichick. I mean maybe he is going to be trying to give them his other play book after the players are in bed with the team curfew... I would think that all of this has to play into the mindset of the players and lead to a general feeling of unease. Especially if they have a hot wife as many of these players probably do.

While we all know the little pretty's like the bling, it's one thing for a troll like BB to shower a secretary who's husband works for the local parks department with bling and compete and quite another to compete with a young multimillion dollar earning athlete.

I nominate this as the dumbest post of the year.

This is an absolutely retarded line of thinking.

You have the team's best player. The team's hardest working player and one that took a hometown discount.

You want to slap him on the hands and bench him? Who exactly does that punish? Tom? Not really. He still gets paid. However, it does punish Belichick and the rest of the team. Belichick has preached it is all about winning and benching Brady is telling everyvody it is all about my ego and I have some sand in my mangina.

Seriously, that is a stupid and moronic thought process. If Belichick really wanted to lose the team, that would be the way.

This is an absolutely retarded line of thinking.

You have the team's best player. The team's hardest working player and one that took a hometown discount.

You want to slap him on the hands and bench him? Who exactly does that punish? Tom? Not really. He still gets paid. However, it does punish Belichick and the rest of the team. Belichick has preached it is all about winning and benching Brady is telling everyvody it is all about my ego and I have some sand in my mangina.

Seriously, that is a stupid and moronic thought process. If Belichick really wanted to lose the team, that would be the way.

Perhaps some of you missed my 2nd post in this thread ;)

Incidentally, as crazy as this sounds, the reason this parody of potential NE Front office behavior has some traction is that there is just an element of "you never know" contained in there. Could the ego of Bill Bellichick possibly be that monumental?????

Who woulda thunk they would essentially treat Tom Brady like dirt by treating his best friends and most productive recievers like dirt just to save a buck?

Implodification my friends... implodification :yahoo:

Get ready for the Testaverde era...

OK I'm the first guy saying he doesn't look the same (Brady) but I blame the coaches more than I blame the QB.Why? For putting it ALL on his shoulders like he's Superman or something-Brady's GREAT not good, great-the best I've seen in money games since Montana and Starr before him with one major difference.Walsh never took away John Taylor and Jerry Rice from Twinkle Toes Joe or Carrol Dale and Boyd Dowler from Bart.

I think Kraft and Belichick effed him and it's showing...Tom Brady deserved better

News from Foxboro: Rohan Davey just re-signed with the Pats and word has it that Michael Bishop worked out this morning! This is amazing news. I suspect that Cassell will be released anytime now and Brady will be demoted to #3 QB. Guess Testeverde didn't make the grade.

News from Foxboro: Rohan Davey just re-signed with the Pats and word has it that Michael Bishop worked out this morning! This is amazing news. I suspect that Cassell will be released anytime now and Brady will be demoted to #3 QB. Guess Testeverde didn't make the grade.

I always thought Davey could be a QB like Byron Lefwich-big,strong QB with a rifle-Cassell to be released? wow

EEI just reported the Pats signed Doug Flutie.

EEI just reported the Pats signed Doug Flutie.

...I heard that too :( Just didn't want to say anything since I didn't want to jinx it. Thing is - he was signed to take over the kicking duties! The drop kick lives!!! Sure gives the Pats an added dimension to their game. Drop kicks. Yeah!!!!

Man I thought cassell did a real good job in the pre-season. Are you kidding Garb? they are going to release him WOW that sucks for him.I like Rohan D. he has always been solid .He should be a good #2 behind Brady.Michael B. I'am not to sure about him ,really haven't seen him play much.

It would be nice if the Pats tried to surround the teams "best" and "hardest working" player with talent so he doesn't have to do it all himself.

BZ

They definitely had the "best" talent for all of their SB victories. I agree. Damn Kraft and his penny-pinching cronies!

I'm not worried. They released that putz Cassell and Rohan is going to light a fire under Brady's butt. Ever see Davey play field general? Amazing. I'm just wondering - will it be Brady to Porter for a TD or Davey to Porter of a TD? No matter. Both roll off the tongue so well.

They definitely had the "best" talent for all of their SB victories. I agree. Damn Kraft and his penny-pinching cronies!

I'm not worried. They released that putz Cassell and Rohan is going to light a fire under Brady's butt. Ever see Davey play field general? Amazing. I'm just wondering - will it be Brady to Porter for a TD or Davey to Porter of a TD? No matter. Both roll off the tongue so well.

liar liar pants on fire

Has Davey grown a neck yet?