Should Tom Brady be benched?

EM31

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It would be nice if the Pats tried to surround the teams "best" and "hardest working" player with talent so he doesn't have to do it all himself.

BZ

BZ

That is the common misconception spread by you Jets' heathen.

Patriots' spend to the cp every year. If they do not spend to the cap this year, there is stillalot of time left, you have a valid point, but not yet.

IMHO they did not know Branch was going to be that big a problem. Otherwise, they would not have let Givens walk.

BZ

That is the common misconception spread by you Jets' heathen.

Patriots' spend to the cp every year. If they do not spend to the cap this year, there is stillalot of time left, you have a valid point, but not yet.

IMHO they did not know Branch was going to be that big a problem. Otherwise, they would not have let Givens walk.

At the end of the day you let your two biggest receivers go bye bye.

That is fact, not fiction.

If the Pats do horribly this year, they have nobody to blame but the front office for not going after a top notch WR core.

BZ

At the end of the day you let your two biggest receivers go bye bye.

That is fact, not fiction.

If the Pats do horribly this year, they have nobody to blame but the front office for not going after a top notch WR core.

BZ

They did. No doubt about it.

If they had an idea that the Branch negotiations were goig to be bad, they should have signed Givens. While not as good, there would be continuity. That is my point. I think they thought they would get the contract done, but Branch's side just killed the negotiations.

They did. No doubt about it.

If they had an idea that the Branch negotiations were goig to be bad, they should have signed Givens. While not as good, there would be continuity. That is my point. I think they thought they would get the contract done, but Branch's side just killed the negotiations.

So you admit that losing the #1 and #2 receivers is clearly the fault of the Patriots FO.

Good. We agree.

BZ

Ridiculous on it's face I would agree but perhaps not so very outlandish if you consider the following.

<> The Patriots are an organization with very little tolerance for player revolt. If you make comments in the media which are critical of the front office then the chances are that you will be dealt with in a most severe fashion up to and including your trade or release. At the ver least you can usually count on a message being sent.

<> Tom Brady has been critical about the way that the organization has handled the whole Deion Branch situtation.

<> Brady has been variously observed to be "lethargic" or "sleepwalking" or "in a funk" out there on the sidelines and even admitted as much to reporters in the week following the Buffalo Bills game.

<> Stories in the media, critical of the Front office are everywhere from the Peter King power rankings to the pretty damning Selena Roberts story in today's times. The story compared the way that Tom Coughlin may be losing the Giants but it is not as bad as New England where Bellichick may have already lost the Patriots team.

So given all of this, is it time to to tell Tom Brady to grab some bench for a game or two to send a message to Brady and the entire roster of ungrateful money grubbing players? Maybe bring in a veteran with lots of NFL experience to run the team for a few games.... Not so outlandish after all.

Are you on crack?

Eugene Chung, baby! :Typotux:

(I'm trying to put the whammy back on you guys and bring back all the old times).:bag:

There is a lesson in that. Never draft a Chinese lineman. He sucked!

If you are going for the kill just mention Rod Rust. If you do, I will counter with Rich Kotite

Should Peyton Manning have been traded after he choked in the playoffs last year and then blamed his teammates?

Should we have benched Chad after Coles went to the Redskins?

Should the Yankees have DFA'd Derek Jeter when he went in that 0-20 slump a couple years ago?

This is retarded.

Bench Brady, LOL.

....On another note, Brady signed a very nice contract with the Patriots. He could have forced New England's hand and got a boatload of more money. He didn't. In turn, the NE organization who are about $10M under the cap turned around and let guys like Vinetiere and Branch go. Great job guys!

It's time for Mr. personality to leave and to surround Brady with the staff and personal this great talent deserves.

Holy Cr*p, send him a Candy Gram, why dontcha. Or maybe one of those "feel good" cards with cr*ppy, hackneyed poetry inside:

"Don't you worry, Tommy, don't be feeling down!

Here comes Mommy, she's a silly, silly clown!

She drives an 18 Wheeler, and will run over your boss

BB under a HESS truck! Whoopsie! What a loss!"

flig-Mitchell_hess-small.jpg

Tom Brady.

Holy Cr*p, send him a Candy Gram, why dontcha. Or maybe one of those "feel good" cards with cr*ppy, hackneyed poetry inside:

Tom Brady.

Candygram for Mr. Brady

1135688741_2531.jpg

Tom Brady.

Look at Phile - visiting ABSOLUTEBRADY.COM! And you thought no one would notice ......

Givens was nothing special. A product of their system. The real loss was Branch and I still can't figure out why Piouli was so eager to get rid of him.

They were not.

IMHO it solely lies at the feet of his agent. The Patriots FO made his agent look like an ass repeatedly. They made two offers to him. One, was a 3yr contract for market value. The other was a 5 year contrtact for Givens type of money. I believe when he received the first one in May, negotiations stopped and never started again.

I think when the Patriots allowed Branch to shop himself, it was after they came to the realization his days as a Patriot were over.

Candygram for Mr. Brady

1135688741_2531.jpg

HAAAAAAAAH.

In all seriousness, BB's arrogance will come back to haunt him. Appears to me his genius is clouding his vision these days. If NE tanks this season, look for Brady to start yapping a la "He didn't give me the tools to win". BB is starting to look like a mumbling paranoid. As to his ire at Mangini for taking the Jets job, did he really expect a 35 yr. old up and comer to wait around for 10+ years to inherit his Empire? It's a business, which BB full well knows. Methinks he is afraid his own student will out think the teacher. Good, that fraud.

No he should not be benched. But, what are the chances of BB and TB having a squabble about what the Pats are doing. I mean, Brady is a damn good QB but at some point he's gotta look at the FO and say "what the hell do you want me to do" I think chemistry between a QB and his receivers is important and the Pats are only hurting theselves by expecting their guys to do it with no experienced WRs to show them the way.

Archived