Terrell Owens attempts SUICIDE : MERGED

L.I.MikeBleedsGreen

Police report: Terrell Owens attempted suicide

08:47 AM CDT on Wednesday, September 27, 2006

WFAA-TV Staff

News 8 Special Report

Read the Dallas police report

NEWS 8 EXCLUSIVE

According to a Dallas police report obtained by News 8, Dallas Cowboys star receiver Terrell Owens attempted suicide Tuesday night.

The report says Owens was depressed and reportedly took prescription pain pills. A woman companion states that she observed him putting two pills in his mouth.

According to the police narrative, the woman said the prescription of 40 pills was filled on September 18 and

I feel sad for this guy. He's messed-up, obviously. But how does such a flaboyant man with such great God-given football skills, and someone who surrounds himself with people who "allegedly" care - become so - I 'dunno - alone in the world? It's sad.

Wouldnt be surprised if he was already addicted to painkillers. He's had an injury of some sort every year for the past 5 years.

Amazing how someone in his position can have it all and slowly go down a downward spiral.

Allot of depressions are physiological and have nothing to do with having it or not having it all.

Allot of depressions are physiological and have nothing to do with having it or not having it all.

No I agree, and I'm not saying depression is relegated to the poor and less fortunate, but I just think its funny in general that people who seem to have so much going for them can at the same time be going down the path T.O. is in.

I feel sad for this guy. He's messed-up, obviously. But how does such a flaboyant man with such great God-given football skills, and someone who surrounds himself with people who "allegedly" care - become so - I 'dunno - alone in the world? It's sad.

That's the key word allegedly. Like Drew Rosenhaus really cares about

him. And I'm sure he had the usual hangerons surrounding him.

Drew was looking for dollars not for him. He was close to TO as anyone and he

didn't see this coming??? Yeah right.

It's a cry for attention from a selfish person.

I know that sounds harsh, and I hope I don't offend anyone by saying it, but that's my personal opinion.

That is the cynical response many will have, but I always felt Owens was more than just an egomaniac. THe guy was always in need of immediate help. If you know anything about his upbringing - his grandma was extremely strict with him, she never allowed him to leave the house, never permitted TO to have friends, and as a kid TO liked a girl who lived across the street from him only to find out eventually that the girl was his half sister - these things can have a major physchological effect on a person.

The guy is a loner with few - if any - friends and has trouble maintaining friendships (McNabb, Garcia). I think this is more than just a cry for attention. The guy obviously has problems.

I think we need to see how this all plays out. I was watching Cold Pizza and now it seems to be some conflicting reports.

Terrell though does have some very deep rooted psychological problems that need to be dealt with. The constant yearning for attention "Look at me type of attitude" just leaves me feeling that no matter what he does he will be unhappy with himself.

I think we need to see how this all plays out. I was watching Cold Pizza and now it seems to be some conflicting reports.

Terrell though does have some very deep rooted psychological problems that need to be dealt with. The constant yearning for attention "Look at me type of attitude" just leaves me feeling that no matter what he does he will be unhappy with himself.

I agree. I've been watching ESPN and they had a report that it was a reaction to painkillers and he's apparently had a reaction to them before. Of course, if I were covering it up that's exactly what I'd say...

I agree. I've been watching ESPN and they had a report that it was a reaction to painkillers and he's apparently had a reaction to them before. Of course, if I were covering it up that's exactly what I'd say...

yeah, until they can clear up whether he had a reaction to a couple painkillers or a bottle of painkillers we just don't know. We do know to is not without issues though

was it a joint decision between parcells & Jones to bring him in?

I just read about this on CBS Sportsline. wow. As much of a meathead and pain in the ass as this guy is, the look of total pain and desperation in the picture of him made me feel real sorry for the guy. Hopefully this can be what it takes for TO to face the demons inside of him and square his act away. Can you imagine the following a guy with this talent and guts would have if he wasn't so jacked-off?

I heard this late last night. TO was headed for a meltdown, no question, and I'm not the least bit surprised. I'll chime in more later, but I will say the "pressure" he caved under was the weight of his own statue. Ultimately that will of course be everyone else's fault except his. The media, his agent, the sport, whatever. Narcissists don't try to take themselves out - successfully - except to leave a good looking corpse. I'm not making light of his pain or his inner demons, but since he IS alive, I can't say I pity him his own orchestrations. Take that as you will, but no amount of therapy will ever make this guy see his own personal accountability for anything. He probably didn't feel "needed" in Dallas - which he isn't - and couldn't take it. In the end, he'll become center stage on this, so he'll get what he needs even here.

P.S.: We need a TO Thread Merger. Mods, do your thing.

he could have sent me a couple...bastard

Cowboys | Owens' publicist says he did not attempt suicide

Wed, 27 Sep 2006 08:33:10 -0700

Updating an ongoing storyline, ESPN's Ed Werder reports Dallas Cowboys WR Terrell Owens' publicist said Owens did not try to attempt suicide. His publicist said Owens was groggy when asked questions by the first response unit and there was a miscommunication because he of it. During a press conference, the Dallas Police Department would not confirm or deny Owens attempting suicide. The Cowboys have called a press conference for the afternoon to discuss the situation. Owens has already been ruled out for the team's Week 4 game.

I'm certainly not dismissing the fact that he has problems. However, a lot of people are faced with adversity. Most buck up. Some don't. The ones who don't, often make excuses.

I'm sorry, but suicide, attempted or commited, in at least 95% of cases, is the most selfish thing a person can do. Is that cynical? Perhaps, but having a firsthand look at what it can do to those left behind I guess I have a very strong opinion.

That is the cynical response many will have, but I always felt Owens was more than just an egomaniac. THe guy was always in need of immediate help. If you know anything about his upbringing - his grandma was extremely strict with him, she never allowed him to leave the house, never permitted TO to have friends, and as a kid TO liked a girl who lived across the street from him only to find out eventually that the girl was his half sister - these things can have a major physchological effect on a person.

The guy is a loner with few - if any - friends and has trouble maintaining friendships (McNabb, Garcia). I think this is more than just a cry for attention. The guy obviously has problems.

Archived