The "Two from FSU" Edition of POTW - September 27, 2006

GreenBeans

Welcome to POTW guys and gals, I'm back after a crummy few weeks at work and excited to be back with your POTW. Thanks once again to my personal Marino Rivera, gg, for the great work last week. gg is the greatest!

In keeping with the title "Two from FSU" - and by the way, do the Jets win last week without Coles and Leon Washington? - we have co-POTW winners this week. So, this weeks honors go to:

Its totally legit to point out the refreshing changes seen when a well coached team is competitive and plays to win rather than Herm's play not to lose philosophy. No clock management issues, solid imaginative playcalling, actual game planning and then in game adjustments; these are all things we can enjoy more this year with Mangini especially when contrasting it with the ineptitude of the previous regime. So keep the comparisons coming, I love it, and I can't wait to see more of the KC Chiefs going from the best offense in the league to one that scores 3 FG's in 2 games, and doesn't have a clue what to do about it.

AND

Originally Posted by PatsFanTX

Before the Jets game, the Pats were ranked 6th in the NFL.

Originally Posted by Ten

So basicly,the pats were a top 10 defense till they faced Chad Pennington. ;)

Congratulation to our co-POTW winners Ten and docdhc! Nice work from you both this week!

The rest of the nominations this week were:

Originally Posted by Max

I am average. I win them over with my personality. At first they all hate me. But after time I wear them down.

Originally Posted by Verde

This is true. He does grow on you.

Kind of like a fungus! ;)

------

(Runner-up of the Week Sponsored by PatsFanTX)

(Question: Would you still be a fan of this team if they were called: LA JETS ?)

Originally Posted by Sperm Edwards

I would move to Texas and become a fan of whichever team wins the superbowl.

------

I think I'll call it SpermLovers.com. What do you think of the name?

Ten bucks says gg is your first member.

(Editor's Note: This is not true: "Beans has a vendetta against me and if gg fills in for him next week do you really think she will select that as the winner?". I'm a PatsFanTX fan, he's just not clutch. He needs to have an 8 minute drive in the 4th quarter to ice POTW before he'll win)

------

Originally Posted by GreenBeans

Thank you gg for coming to my rescue. SIKH always says I need to take better advantage of my bullpen. :smile: You, my friend, are the Mariano Rivera of POTW. Congrats to Mrs. Max and the livestock.

gb

Originally Posted by PFSIKH

:-s

$hit.

Great time for someone to start listening to me.:rolleyes:

:wink:

------

Originally Posted by doggystyle

you all are begging for somebody that got his feelings hurt by another poster to come back? Oh he's proving a point? Mr Alk does not stand for personal attacks...whatever...get over it. Quit the JI drama people

Originally Posted by Flowtrain's Cat

Meow!

------

------

Originally Posted by BillsRGreat

This is something you guys had to worry about twice in the past two years following the first meeting between the Bills and the Jets. Are you prepared for the Ramsey era yet??

GO BILLS!~

Originally Posted by Mavrik

That's funny cause most Bills fans probably wish injury on their own quarterback.

------

Originally Posted by war ensemble

You're contradicting yourself by saying we've never had a real franchise quarterback and then saying that our last real franchise QB was Joe Namath

Kellen Clemens will be better than Losman when they're both in their primes.

Kellen Clemens will be better than Losman if he never has a prime.

------

(Topic: What would you do if you were in Tiger Woods right now?)

If I were in Tiger Woods? Whoa, that's a loaded question.

I guess for starters I'd ask him how he likes the taste of Sperm. Then give out "I mouth-f*cked Tiger Woods and all you get is this lousy tee-shirt" tee-shirts for Christmas this year.

------

(Topic: Steelers | Porter's dogs kill horse)

Originally Posted by Max

Someone should shoot Joey Porter in the a$$.

------

(Topic: GOB's Open Letter of Atonement to Chad Pennington)

Originally Posted by Smizzy

Chad has a huge heart and tremendous character. No doubt about it.

Id still take 25 other Qb's in the NFL over him.

------

(Topic: Shuffling off to BUFFALO)

Originally Posted by oktaren

im already here! although im always here :( either way, have fun at the game...

------

Originally Posted by gsnts725

yea Buffalo is in NY near Canada.

Originally Posted by Jet Moses

Along with Cleveland, it's the French Riviera of Lake Erie. :bag:

------

At least the Bills play in their own stadium.

Originally Posted by Jetcane

At least Jet fans hang out on their own web site

------

Congrats on a very impressive win today on the road against an AFCE opponent.

That's always tough to do.

BTW, if Kerry Rhodes doesn't get DPOTW, he got robbed.

Talk about making huge game-changing plays. :eek:

(Editor's Note: Great job by TX here.)

------

Dude, you are 3 games into the season.

The Jets are not a playoff caliber team.

Originally Posted by Justagame

I usually choose to just lurk, but I have to say...In the grand scheme of things, you may be correct in your assessment, but you have no idea what it is like to be a Jets fan. Jets fans deserve the right to celebrate and maximize every possibility while they can. You are a fan of a team with a string of impressive super bowl victories and yet you can only derive satisfaction from visiting a Jets board and pissing down the throats of it's fans. Your everyday life must really suck, if this is what it takes to get your rocks off :))

Back to my hole.

------

How did PennyBoy do today going into the wind?

I thought so.

Originally Posted by Max

This is stupid. Did you see that wind? How did Losman do with the wind at his back?

It is the final score that matters. Nothing else. As long as the Jets win I am happy.**

** Unless of course they won because of the tuck rule. That would just be embarassing.

------

Originally Posted by EM31

The problem with Brady is simple. IF he took less cabbage to keep the team together (he did !!) AND IF that money is not going to Brach or Givens (it isn't !!) AND IF the Pats are waaaaayyyy under the salary cap (they are !!) AND IF Bob Kraft is charging the highest prices in the NFL for season tickets (he IS !!!)

Then where in the name of all that is holy is that extra money going to? The money Tom Brady agreed to leave on the table to keep a winning team together...

Originally Posted by joewilly

good point....... my head would be down too if I was brady.

Belly believed his own bull**** too many times

1- I don't need to hold on to key ass't coaches for I am a genius

2- I don't need to pay money for players we are the pats, I can win with anyone for I am a genius

3- I will tell vinnetari to take a walk & draft a kicker for I am a genius

4- My qb will complete a pass to any wr for I am a genius

------

Originally Posted by johnny green balls

all i know is man it is EXCITING to have a team that can actually score more than 13 points a game. one thing is for certain: our chances under herm to win this sunday would be 0%. the JETS are not pushovers, they have a chance to win every game. amazing what a real coach can do.

**** YOU HERM.

On the last day of the 2005 season, imagine the stupidity of the comment:

In 2006 the Jets will have a better offense than the Chiefs.

------

The Jets are, and will always be, 2nd class citizens behind the Giants.

For crying out loud, you are tenants in their friggn' stadium.

Originally Posted by BwanaZulia

Coming from a "New England" Patriots fan whose own state can't get their own football team and have to share them with 5 other states.

Maybe if you raise your taxes a little higher and do some smaller digs, you could afford your own team.

BZ

------

The way bit spins things, he could make Osama bin Laden out to be the next Ghandi.

Originally Posted by DHJF

Look who's talking. You're the DJ Jazzy Jeff of spinning.

------

The way bit spins things, he could make Osama bin Laden out to be the next Ghandi.

------

Originally Posted by SouthernJet

Q: Whats the difference between a refrigerator and a Gay guy?

A: The Refrigerator doesnt fart when you take the meat out

------

Couldn't be more true.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here

People Joey Porter was shot in the a$$. His dog killed a horse. I made a Joey should be shot in the a$$ joke. If that isn't gold then what is?

Btw Beans thanks for all your work doing this. I swear you can read the potw thread each week and get a recap of the week in 5 minutes!

People Joey Porter was shot in the a$$. His dog killed a horse. I made a Joey should be shot in the a$$ joke. If that isn't gold then what is?

Btw Beans thanks for all your work doing this. I swear you can read the potw thread each week and get a recap of the week in 5 minutes!

My pleasure, bossman. It keeps me connected to the pulse of the Nation. (And I get to pick on TX, too. ;))

Originally Posted by PatsFanTX viewpost.gif

Stop your whinning.

I had over 10 nominations and still didn't win.

I'm telling you, Beans has something against me.

But as I said above:

(Editor's Note: This is not true: "Beans has a vendetta against me and if gg fills in for him next week do you really think she will select that as the winner?". I'm a PatsFanTX fan, he's just not clutch. He needs to have an 8 minute drive in the 4th quarter to ice POTW before he'll win)

Wait... did a Patsy just tell a Jets fan on a Jets board what to write about?

Is Hell freezing over are did you mistype?

BZ

Well, the Patriots could lose back-to-back games for the first time in like five years this weekend.

Yeah, hell has frozen over.

Talk about making huge game-changing plays.

Kerry Rhodes today was named AFC Defensive Player Of the Week-good call Tex

on edit;I meant to start a thread with this and made a mistake GJ Tex anyway

Talk about making huge game-changing plays.

Kerry Rhodes today was named AFC Defensive Player Of the Week-good call Tex

on edit;I meant to start a thread with this and made a mistake GJ Tex anyway

WTF SoFla?:eek:

If you are going to give me a compliment, at least start a new thread where I can see my name up in lights.

Archived