PATRIOTS: Gay out for season

spjets

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm just correcting the way the Jets OVERPLAY everything. If you're going to post something - and unless your just screwing around - be accurate. He wasn't a starter and he hasn;t played much.

no one here posted that he was the starter...

i think you jump to soon here..;)

He was a starter. Okay, maybe this year in the 1 game he played in he wasn't, but, he still was a starter and would've started at some point this season. It's still a big loss because at worst he was your #3.

Eh? He WAS a starter. This years starters are Samuel and Hobbs and what would lead you to beleive he would be a starter this year?

It's a huge loss....because, well you know, he adds so much height to the secondary and damn - what a lock-down corner he was! You see the way he shut down Suicide Watch TO in the Superbowl? Damn! ;)

Trust me - the secondary blows - with or without him.

He was a starter.

Yeah, he was a starter in 2004. I believe this puts him in missing 13 of the last 20 games.

Gay showed some ability in 2004 filling in for Law. However, he has been unable to stay on the field.

ok...now that we have the "he's not the starter" down pat...

you guys are still blowin off that he;s a decent BACK UP that you dont have now...spin it anyway you want...

He is a decent one.

Riddle me this Jets' fan, if the secondary is as porous as many Jets' fan state, is losing a player that was not even a starter that big a loss?

Patriots | Gay to miss remainder of 2006 season

Wed, 27 Sep 2006 11:35:45 -0700

ESPNews reports New England Patriots CB Randall Gay (hamstring) will miss the rest of the 2006 season.

When I saw the thread title I thought Brady was done for the year, seriously.

Unless Gay can tackle then the answer is no. No one in the Pats secondary can tackle.

No one on the Patriots' secondary can tackle. Didn't you see the Coaches link on Patriots.com? Deoin Sanders is the DB coach.

I'm just correcting the way the Jets fans OVERPLAY everything. If you're going to post something - and unless your just screwing around - be accurate. He wasn't a starter and he hasn;t played much.

He played enough to get hurt and be out the rest of the year, that's enough.

The issue here of course is how much can the Patriots players TRUST the Patriots front office to watch out for their best interests if they decide to play hurt ???

I think we all know the answer to that question. The only choice really for the player is to sit out and make gosh darned sure that they are 100% healthy before risking a comeback. Heck take off the entire season for a hammy why don't you ?

The implosion continues and the only question is will there be enough stationary bikes in the Trainers office to accomodate all the the buttocks that are sure to be requiring them? It is a truly a sad day when such a storied franchise is reduced to sniffing the waiver wire for cheap geriatrics.

As a Jets fan I am saddened by the pus-filled mess that seems to be erupting from within the hallweed halls of Foxboro wherin is housed the most expensive season ticket seating in the NFL.... <sniff> <sniff>....

As a Jets fan I am saddened by the pus-filled mess that seems to be erupting from within the hallweed halls of Foxboro wherin is housed the most expensive season ticket seating in the NFL.

Dude, two things:

1) You need to worry more about your pathetic team than the Pats.

2) When you win 3 Super Bowls in a 4 year period, you should have the most expensive tickets in the NFL.

Wow. Solid reasoning. :rolleyes:

If you step out of your hole and think for a minute it is rather solid reasoning. A team I despise, who's fans I despise more than any other fans of any other team of any other sport, has lost a player for the season. That's good. Mmmkay?

Archived