PATRIOTS: Gay out for season

spjets

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wrong.

It was 3 out of 4, and it will ALWAYS be 3 out of 4.

But I understand, Jet fans have absolutely no comprehension of what that means.

Hey raffy, were you even around 37 years ago?;)

But like Jets fans who brag about winning Super Bowl III in 69, Pats fans need to stop living in the 2001-2004 past, right Tx? Or is that not considered the past for you?

Newsflash: It is the past.

The issue here of course is how much can the Patriots players TRUST the Patriots front office to watch out for their best interests if they decide to play hurt ???

I think we all know the answer to that question. The only choice really for the player is to sit out and make gosh darned sure that they are 100% healthy before risking a comeback. Heck take off the entire season for a hammy why don't you ?

The implosion continues and the only question is will there be enough stationary bikes in the Trainers office to accomodate all the the buttocks that are sure to be requiring them? It is a truly a sad day when such a storied franchise is reduced to sniffing the waiver wire for cheap geriatrics.

As a Jets fan I am saddened by the pus-filled mess that seems to be erupting from within the hallweed halls of Foxboro wherin is housed the most expensive season ticket seating in the NFL.... <sniff> <sniff>....

That is some good fiction there. I have not seen spin this good from anyone one other then JonE.

I am sure you are right. Gay who was an undrafted FA coming out of college because of an injury. Has missed as many games as Chad over the past two season. Is going to risk his NFL payday showing the rest of the NFL he babies minor injuries. :rolleyes:

WHen your team delivers three titles, has their own stadium and pays for it on their own as opposed to being on the NFL's teet and another team's biatch..then talk to me about ticket prices.

That is some good fiction there. I have not seen spin this good from anyone one other then JonE.

I am sure you are right. Gay who was an undrafted FA coming out of college because of an injury. Has missed as many games as Chad over the past two season. Is going to risk his NFL payday showing the rest of the NFL he babies minor injuries. :rolleyes:

WHen your team delivers three titles, has their own stadium and pays for it on their own as opposed to being on the NFL's teet and another team's biatch..then talk to me about ticket prices.

Dallas' tickets weren't as bad as New England's are now after 92, 93 & 95.

POTW right there.

I can't believe the Jets are the only team in the NFL that does not have their own stadium.

The NFL should move that franchise to LA.

Do the Cowboys have a stadium that was completely paid for by the owner and not the taxpayers?

I don't think so.

Whose fault is that? Would the fans up their rather have helped pay for the stadium then sit through years & years of **** ticket prices?

POTW right there.

I can't believe the Jets are the only team in the NFL that does not have their own stadium.

The NFL should move that franchise to LA.

Come 2010, there will be 2 teams. The Giants & the Jets because they will be sharing a stadium, basically both will be owning it, so then, in your world it will either have to be 2 or 0.

I need a good laugh.

What is the average price for Jets' tickets?

Lower Tier averages from around 70-80.

Mez Tier is about 90, 95?

Upper Tier goes from 65-75.

We pay $1400 for our 2 seats in 124 (10 games, $70 each), but I know in other parts of the LT there are $75 and $80 seats.

Whose fault is that? Would the fans up their rather have helped pay for the stadium then sit through years & years of **** ticket prices?

What do ticket prices have to do with anything?

Sure, the Pats have the highest ticket prices in the NFL, and still have a long waiting list for season tickets.

Unlike the Jets (who don't even have their own stadium), when you put a good product on the field, fans don't care what it costs to see them play.

Wrong.

It was 3 out of 4, and it will ALWAYS be 3 out of 4.

But I understand, Jet fans have absolutely no comprehension of what that means.

Hey raffy, were you even around 37 years ago?;)

It was 3 out of 4 2 seasons ago, sorry but even the patriot d!ck sucking media started saying 3 out of 5 a ways back.

Nah, only around 30 years ago but you can bet your a$$ I wish I was around then.

What do ticket prices have to do with anything?

Sure, the Pats have the highest ticket prices in the NFL, and still have a long waiting list for season tickets.

Unlike the Jets (who don't even have their own stadium), when you put a good product on the field, fans don't care what it costs to see them play.

You mean the fans with wads of cash. What about the medium & lower class? There are fans in the medium class who could afford to go to the games for the Pats I'm sure when they were around 60-70 a game, going up to 90-100 for a game is a huge difference when you have mouths to feed.

Come 2010, there will be 2 teams. The Giants & the Jets because they will be sharing a stadium, basically both will be owning it, so then, in your world it will either have to be 2 or 0.

How many other teams in the NFL "share" a stadium?

Being in the largest market in the United States, it's an absolute travesty that the Jets don't have their own stadium.

Yea, Woody is a great owner.

How many other teams in the NFL "share" a stadium?

Being in the largest market in the United States, it's an absolute travesty that the Jets don't have their own stadium.

Yea, Woody is a great owner.

Not saying that Woody is a great owner but how about the teams that share stadiums in seperate sports? Sure it's not as bad as 2 teams in the same sport but still they're sharing a stadium.

NFL teams sharing a stadium with an MLB team:

Miami Dolphins

Oakland Raiders

Washington Redskins (although I'll give them a pass, where else were the Nationals to go?)

Minnesota Vikings

Lower Tier averages from around 70-80.

Mez Tier is about 90, 95?

Upper Tier goes from 65-75.

We pay $1400 for our 2 seats in 124 (10 games, $70 each), but I know in other parts of the LT there are $75 and $80 seats.

Where is all the money going into the Jets' pockets everyweek?

Besides Chad's and Bill's bonuses .

You have sold out the stadium for what 30 years? The Jets' should have been able to build a man made island and 100K seat stadium with a retractable roof. It is not like it has been spent on talent these past 30+ years.

Dude, those fans were priced out of the NFL 5 years ago.

Tell me how a blue collar worker, earning 35K a year, can take his wife and 2 kids to go see the Jets play on a Sunday?

Not happening.

But the Patriots make it even harder.

Where is all the money going into the Jets' pockets everyweek?

Besides Chad's and Bill's bonuses .

You have sold out the stadium for what 30 years? The Jets' should have been able to build a man made island and 100K seat stadium with a retractable roof. It is not like it has been spent on talent these past 30+ years.

It's easier when you can share a stadium with another team and limit your costs. This stadium will be the best stadium in the NFL for years to come even when others are built because the two teams will have enough money to make it great and keep re-doing it to make it the best. Why waste $ when you know this stadium will be 50-50.?

So you never saw the Jets play in a Super Bowl?:eek:

Other than the old farts in Florida, what do you think is the percentage of Jet posters on this board who actually saw their team in a Super Bowl?

I couldn't guess a percentage, but the good news is our day is coming. It may not be this year or next, but it's coming and I can f#cking feel it!:yahoo:

It's easier when you can share a stadium with another team and limit your costs. This stadium will be the best stadium in the NFL for years to come even when others are built because the two teams will have enough money to make it great and keep re-doing it to make it the best. Why waste $ when you know this stadium will be 50-50.?

The Jets' should make it free.

You limit costs, but you also limit income to.

Give me a friggn' break.

You are trying to justify "sharing" a stadium with another team?

Wow.:eek:

What is wrong about sharing a stadium 50-50. And yes, it is sharing when it's 50-50, it's both teams owning the stadium actually. There will be no "this isn't the Jets' homefield" bull**** talk anymore because they wil OWN the stadium. If the Giants are playing in it, so be it, but both teams will own the stadium. Who really freakin' cares? If all you have now that Chad is performing (Great now his next post will have Chad in it), is that we share a stadium then whatever, your ****'s weak, as we the college students sometimes like to say.

Let me let you in on a little clue.

It hasn't happened in the last 37 years, and it probably won't happen for the next 37 years.

You won't be alive to know for sure, will you?

You want to talk about the older posters in Florida, what about yourself?

Serious here for a second- you all know the cost of land acquisition with the constuction, environmental and regulatory costs for any stadium- much less in NY Metro area. I do not care who the owners would be this is a monumental task- to get the best possible deal of shared costs is actually the wisest move to try to move this forward.

It makes me laugh how the same Jets fans that despise sharing a stadium and being treated as second-class citizens now make the argument that a new-shared stadium is fantastic.

All of that based on the logic that right now the Pats have the highest ticket prices in the NFL.

Bob Kraft built a brand new stadium with no public funds (barring infrastructure improvements from the State), and no PSL

Archived