PATRIOTS: Gay out for season

spjets

It makes me laugh how the same Jets fans that despise sharing a stadium and being treated as second-class citizens now make the argument that a new-shared stadium is fantastic.

All of that based on the logic that right now the Pats have the highest ticket prices in the NFL.

Bob Kraft built a brand new stadium with no public funds (barring infrastructure improvements from the State), and no PSL

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yea, and come 2010, the Jets STILL don't have their own stadium to play in.

The Jets will OWN the stadium & the Giants will as well.

50-50.

As I said before, it will be 2 teams or 0 in your world. You choose.

Could care less.

I've never wanted a stadium in New York. I always wanted it to stay in The Meadowladns, In Jersey, Shared or Not Shared, didn't care, wanted it in Jersey.

The only people who will consider the new stadium the "New Giants Stadium" will be the a$$hole Giants fans who have nothing better to do then call us second class citizens because we've been playing in their stadium. Oh well, if that's all they can bring to the table with any argument to Jets fans, then they're as bad as Tx with Pennington.

I guarentee you that it will not cost $300 a game per ticket in the Lower Tier. No way. Either way, I'll be there, but it will not be that much.

The "New Giants Stadium" line was a dig. Either way the ticket prices are going to be very high. There are two things at play:

1). A brand new stadium

2). It will be 2010.

What did your tickets cost in 2002? How about now?

The "New Giants Stadium" line was a dig. Either way the ticket prices are going to be very high. There are two things at play:

1). A brand new stadium

2). It will be 2010.

What did your tickets cost in 2002? How about now?

I believe 02 was 60, not 100% sure...$70 now.

You know the Pats got their butts handed to them and showed again that they aren't on the same level as the better teams around the league when their fans need to divert attention to the Jets stadium, last SB appearance etc ect......anything but Patriots talk.

Maybe not.

My team has shown me more memories in the past 10 years then any 10 Jets' fans since SB III.

While the prinicple of sharing a stadium has merit so does the idea of taking your sister to a dance. In the end though, you get nothing out of it. Or so I am told. ;-)

Maybe not.

My team has shown me more memories in the past 10 years then any 10 Jets' fans since SB III.

While the prinicple of sharing a stadium has merit so does the idea of taking your sister to a dance. In the end though, you get nothing out of it. Or so I am told. ;-)

You and your memorys will fade into the past soon.

These Jets will win a superbowl under Mangini. And you wont forget that.

That is not bad at all. Wish my tix were that cheap.

All I'm trying to say is be careful what you wish for. A new stadium will be great, but the prices will be much higher than $70.

Oh, believe me, I know. It's going to be $100+ ... hopefully below the 50 line.

You and your memorys will fade into the past soon.

These Jets will win a superbowl under Mangini. And you wont forget that.

Barton:

The immortal Dick McPherson took over a 1-15 Pats team in 1992 and started off the season 2-2 (very Mangini like after you lose to the Colts Sunday).

The Pats finished 6-10. I feel the Jets will be in the same ballpark after it is all said and done.

Barton:

The immortal Dick McPherson took over a 1-15 Pats team in 1992 and started off the season 2-2 (very Mangini like after you lose to the Colts Sunday).

The Pats finished 6-10. I feel the Jets will be in the same ballpark after it is all said and done.

It's amazing what Jet fans think their team will do after two wins against the mighty Titans and Bills.

They played one good team in the first 3 games, and lost for the 7th straight time, against said good team.

Talk about delusional.

Maybe not.

Hold on to those memories.

Dude, two things:

1) You need to worry more about your pathetic team than the Pats..

I ALWAYS worry about the Jets first last and everywhere in between TX but thanks for the suggestion anyhow. My concern about the mess up in Foxboro was simply one of genuine concern for a fellow AFC East franchise that seems to be falling on hard times. One, dare I say it that seems to be making all the wrong moves in the court of public opinion.

Perhaps Flutie will be your guy <wink>.... Boston College and all that.

2) When you win 3 Super Bowls in a 4 year period, you should have the most expensive tickets in the NFL.

OK we will let that one slide for the moment but you do realize that sooner or later it is going to begin to sound like Miami's unbeaten season or even our own Jets 1969 season.

PLUS, and I assume you will be with me on this one since you are such a fair minded fellow.... once the slide into mediocrity (or worse) continues, Or the "crappification of the Patriots" as I like to call it, I would assume your position would be that season ticket prices should get discounted. You know, once they are no longer a premium product but rather an INFERIOR one? Will you join me know in a pledge to campaign for more reasonable ticket prices up there in New England once the team passes, say the .500 barrier?

I ALWAYS worry about the Jets first last and everywhere in between TX but thanks for the suggestion anyhow. My concern about the mess up in Foxboro was simply one of genuine concern for a fellow AFC East franchise that seems to be falling on hard times. One, dare I say it that seems to be making all the wrong moves in the court of public opinion.

OK we will let that one slide for the moment but you do realize that sooner or later it is going to begin to sound like Miami's unbeaten season or even our own Jets 1969 season.

PLUS, and I assume you will be with me on this one since you are such a fair minded fellow.... once the slide into mediocrity (or worse) continues, Or the "crappification of the Patriots" as I like to call it, I would assume your position would be that season ticket prices should get discounted. You know, once they are no longer a premium product but rather an INFERIOR one? Will you join me know in a pledge to campaign for more reasonable ticket prices up there in New England once the team passes, say the .500 barrier?

They will be at .500 come Sunday night so you won't have to wait very long after that.

They will be at .500 come Sunday night so you won't have to wait very long after that.

We were .500 in 2003 and that season turned out pretty well. ;-)

Here is the thing about being a Patriot fan that I think Jets' fans cannot comprehend.

My team has shown the ability to get to the Superbowl. They went to SB XX. They got their asses handed to them, but still went. 11 years later they were in the game for about 15 more minutes, but still went. Now, they have won in the past 5 years. Even back in their AFL days, they showed the baility to get their.

Jets' fans might be right. We might be a .500 team at the end of this year and 5-11 in 2007. It would suck, but I would know my team would go back. Might not be for a decade, but I know they would go back.

Jets' fans do not know this. They think that their day will come, but down deep they know they could be the Cubbies and pissed off the gods and will never see one again in their lifetime.

EM31,

You are a pretty good poster.

Trust me, I don't say that too often.;)

Good point RaffyD.

500 for us would still reflect a team headed in the right direction given the expectations coming into this year. 500 for them on the other hand is an express elevator to the sub basement. Before the season began many of the pundits were asking the question can the Dolphins surpass the Patriots this year? Well, Miami has been pretty much exposed at this point as perhaps the biggest preseason frauds in a decade but I put it to you now that before the end of the year the question may well be once again, Are the Dolphins better than the Patriots?

I think bodily fluids and worse are leaking from every orifice of that organization. Deion Branch, Adam Vinatieri and David Givens may look back on this as having got into one of the last lifeboats from the Titanic.

What is it like being a Jets fan and holding on to memories?

My guess is that they are not as good as a Pats fans memories.

Yes, in about two seconds someone will jump on this and say "oh, so they are memories now. Yes, the dynasty is over!

Jets fans are pretty predictable.:P

Archived