The game I cannot wait for this Sunday...

Chicago vs. Seattle.

Why? These are the two best teams (so far through the first 3 games of 2006) battling it out in Soldier Field on Sunday Night Football. What could be better? Sure Shaun Alexander won't be playing but Rex Grossman will and this is Grossman's first real true test in any type of NFL game. Last year in the Divisional Round against Carolina the Panthers jumped out to an early lead and shut down the Chicago running game...also Grossman wasn't 100% at the time, or at least that's what I like to believe. For the Seahawks, this game will show how competitive / good they can be without their & the NFL's reigning MVP. Maurice Morris will get a chance to show the rest of the NFL something & it will be the first complete look at Seattle's 4 WR set of Darrell Jackson, Nate Burleson, Deion Branch & Bobby Engram. Chicago's DB's will be tested, especially rookie Daniel Manning (I believe either bitonti, GJ&H or R44 really liked him). All in all I'm taking the Bears in this one due to the absense of Alexander for the Seahawks, home field advantage & the defense.

Seattle - 10

Chicago - 13

Archived