Pedro to miss postseason

Exit 117

Dems da breaks. Gonna be hard to get to the WS without your Ace.

With the way he is pitching, we are better off without him. We've been without him for so loing it doesn't really matter.

That said, I'm not confident with the Mets chances at all, with or without Pedro, whether its insanely good Pedro or insanely bad Pedro. We've been bad vs. lefties no matter who they are, and we've been a disgrace since clinching.

Next year :Cuss:

I hate sports. It's like shooting myself in the head every year. Get my hopes up and then get shot.

With the way he is pitching, we are better off without him. We've been without him for so loing it doesn't really matter.

That said, I'm not confident with the Mets chances at all, with or without Pedro, whether its insanely good Pedro or insanely bad Pedro. We've been bad vs. lefties no matter who they are, and we've been a disgrace since clinching.

Next year :Cuss:

I hate sports. It's like shooting myself in the head every year. Get my hopes up and then get shot.

I'll wait until the playoffs are over before I say "next year". Just because the Mets are playing badly AFTER clinching their division does not mean they are toast in the postseason. It will simply be a more difficult road than it seemed a month ago.

I'll wait until the playoffs are over before I say "next year". Just because the Mets are playing badly AFTER clinching their division does not mean they are toast in the postseason. It will simply be a more difficult road than it seemed a month ago.
Baseball offenses don't have on/off switches.

Granted, they have bitch-slapped the Braves so far tonight, but it is Kyle Davies... Hopefully he can be a spark to the Mets offense. I'll feel more confident if we go into Washington and destroy the Nationals.

The Mets might be able to slug their way to a pennant, but they're not winning a single WS game w/o pedro.

No team has been able to "slug" their way to a WS win, true.

But the Mets aren't just a team that depends on the long ball to win games. They manufacture runs, which becomes critical in the playoffs.

The pitching will be a huge question mark. But Tom Glavine and El Duque have traditionally been clutch in the postseason. I'm not confident in this 1-2 punch to carry the Mets to a title without help. That is why the bullpen may be the key.

its possible that all 4 of the best pitchers of this "era" will miss the playoffs this year (maddux and clemens teams not making it, and pedro's injury and randy's injury)

but randy is slated to pitch 3rd (im not being skeptical) and clemens and maddux's teams have slim playoff shots

its possible that all 4 of the best pitchers of this "era" will miss the playoffs this year (maddux and clemens teams not making it, and pedro's injury and randy's injury)

but randy is slated to pitch 3rd (im not being skeptical) and clemens and maddux's teams have slim playoff shots

Clemens will likely make it now. St. Louis is not a good baseball town. Their fans suck. Irrelevant to everything discussed in this thread, but true. Their team sucks too. Talk about choking.

Clemens will likely make it now. St. Louis is not a good baseball town. Their fans suck. Irrelevant to everything discussed in this thread, but true. Their team sucks too. Talk about choking.

Albert Pujols will prevent St. Louis from missing the post season

Dems da breaks. Gonna be hard to get to the WS without your Ace.

Thats right, all part of the game so we move on......no decimation threads.

Duke- Glavine -Maine-Traschel along with a briiliant pen will have to suffice.

Honestly the only given on both NY staffs is Wang and our lineup should be the best in the NL postseason just as the Yanks will be in the AL.

They've dominated the NL without him. He's only been hurting us since June 22nd, his last good start. His injury doesn't change the fact that the rest of the NL sucks.

agreed

the mets wouldn't even make it past the ALDS if they were in the real league, but they're in the junior varsity league so they can easily make it to the world series

They've dominated the NL without him. He's only been hurting us since June 22nd, his last good start. His injury doesn't change the fact that the rest of the NL sucks.

I've got the Padres coming out of the NL as my surprise team. Tom Glavine can't carry this pitching staff alone in the playoffs.

I've got the Padres coming out of the NL as my surprise team. Tom Glavine can't carry this pitching staff alone in the playoffs.
He's not even the #1 starter. Mets will be fine for the NL portion of the playoffs. They have arguably one of the best bullpens in baseball, so that helps a lot.

losing Pedro won't be the difference if they make it to the WS or not.

Over the 2 seasons Pedro has been a Met, they are 29-28 in his starts! Hardly ace type numbers for a guy getting ace $$$.

I have confidence in Duque to step up and get the job done...it's the other 3 guys that scare the crap outta me!

Subway Series 2006 chances = None.

Mets = Done.

Good season however.

The Mets should be able to get past the Dodgers. Especially if it's Penny, Lowe and Maddox the first 3 games. No lefty in there.

After that, if Houston gets in (looking more likely every day), and they handle the Pads, that is where the trouble begins, as the Mets do not match up at all with Clemens, Oswalt and Pettite.

The Mets should be able to get past the Dodgers. Especially if it's Penny, Lowe and Maddox the first 3 games. No lefty in there.

After that, if Houston gets in (looking more likely every day), and they handle the Pads, that is where the trouble begins, as the Mets do not match up at all with Clemens, Oswalt and Pettite.

Nobody matches up well against those three IMO

Hey, injuries are a part of baseball. You go on.

I was screaming for a starter (Schmidt or Zito) at the deadline. Omar played his hand differently and decided that bullpen was the priority. You play the hand dealt.

I think it would have been interesting to see what the Mets would have done at the deadline, had Sanchez not been in that freak accident.

The Mets have a tough row to hoe. Trying to bludgeon and manage to get 5-6 innings out of teh starters to get to the strength of the staff, which is the bullpen. You can overwork a bullpen in teh playoffs, due to the days off you can get.

It will take some brilliant managing and manipulation at this point. I will look forward to it.

He's not even the #1 starter. Mets will be fine for the NL portion of the playoffs. They have arguably one of the best bullpens in baseball, so that helps a lot.

Houston will shut down teh Mets batters. And teh Mets do not match up with Houston's rotation at all.

But the Mets should be able to handle the Dodgers, Pads and Cards (if they somehow hold off Houston). The only pitcher on any of those 3 teams who should really give the Mets fits is Wells on the Pods, and they wouldn't see him more than once, IMO.

Houston will shut down teh Mets batters. And teh Mets do not match up with Houston's rotation at all.

But the Mets should be able to handle the Dodgers, Pads and Cards (if they somehow hold off Houston). The only pitcher on any of those 3 teams who should really give the Mets fits is Wells on the Pods, and they wouldn't see him more than once, IMO.

Mets were 4-2 against Houston this year averaging almost 5 runs a game with Beltran missing for a few of those games.

Our staff would have to worry about Berkman and no one in that lineup so I don't see how we are on the bad side of that match-up.

Any staff can get hot and shut down any line-up in the post season as the Angels showed last fall but saying Houston WILL shut down the Mets bats is a little strong.

The only pitcher on any of those 3 teams who should really give the Mets fits is Wells on the Pods, and they wouldn't see him more than once, IMO.

Mets will not have a problem with Wells IMO. Besides....I give him until another day or 2 before either his back goes out or the Gout returns! ;)

Archived