Unit may not pitch for Yankees in playoffs

JetNation

Tough break if he can't go.

Puts them in the same boat as Mets with a more questionable bullpen.

I'd go with Wright if Randy can't pitch game 3.

Are you kidding me? Wang Moose Lidle and Wright are 1000x better then Trachsel Glavine Duque and Maine and a more questionable bullepn? Proctor Farnsworth and Rivera are "questionable" but 90 year old roberto hernandez heilman and wanger (who's never met a postseason save he didn't choak away) arn't? How big a homer are you? Jesus Christ.

Are you kidding me? Wang Moose and Wright are 1000x better then Trachsel Duque and Maine and a more questionable bullepn? Proctor Farnsworth and Rivera are "questionable" but 90 year old roberto hernandez heilman and wanger (who's never met a postseason save he didn't choak away) arn't? How big a homer are you? Jesus Christ.

What, no Villone in that list?

Farnsworth isn't the yankee closer is he? Wanger will hurt the mets FAR MORE then farnsworth will hurt the yankees because we have a guy named Mo Rivera backing farns up... You might have heard of him.
I'm going to wait for more than 4 and 2/3 innings of postseason pitching before I judge Wagner.

madmike is correct, the Yankees pitching staff minus Randy is better than the Mets pitching staff minus Pedro

Yankees still have a 19 game winner and Moose, the Mets have a end-of-his-career Glavine and an end-of-his-career El Duque. And Maine/Traschel/Lidle/Wright cancel eachother out

You can call middle relief a push, Farnsworth has been rather crappy this season, Villone im not too big on, Bruney and Proctor however I have faith in.

and lastly, while Wagner is a fine closer, he's no Mo

I can judge Farnsworth.

Anyone remember who relieved Mark Prior when the score was 3-3?

It was the Farns! The POS is a choker and he will IMPLODE in the playoffs. I warned you about this dick when you signed him. You'll see.

So after 11IP he's a "proven" choaker but after 4.2IP wanger gets a free pass because it's a small sample size. Nice logic.

Thats why you're a hypocrite and a moron.
Billy Wagner hasn't pitched in the post season since 2001. Farnsworth pitched last year and 2 years before that.

And as far as overall bullpens...( we're talking THIS YEAR for THIS YEAR's playoffs)

I take Rivera over Wagner, slight edge for closer

I say Heilman/Proctor is a push for setup

I take Bradford over Farnsworth in 162 of 162 games for men/on 7th inning/2nd setup

I take Feliciano over Myers most of the time for LOOGY

I take Mota/Hernandez over Dotel for tie games

And if Duaner was healthy, I'd give the Mets an even bigger edge in bullpen.

Billy Wagner hasn't pitched in the post season since 2001. Farnsworth pitched last year and 2 years before that.

And as far as overall bullpens...( we're talking THIS YEAR for THIS YEAR's playoffs)

I take Bradford over Farnsworth in 162 of 162 games for men/on 7th inning/2nd setup

Rivera over Wagner by a " slight edge " ? Are you insane ? Billy Wagner is a gas can out of the pen in the post season. That's like handing the pill to Villone, the American League human launching pad. How dare you mention Rivera in the same breath as Wagner.

The best closer of all time vs a guy without a postseason save is "slight edge" LMAO

Proctor has better numbers then heilman in a real league.

Bradford = Gimmick underhander having a carrer year in an AWFUL league. Farnsworth = 100MPH heat You take hard throwers in the playoffs every time and on propper rest Farnsworth's ERA is under 1.3 this year.

Feliciano's numbers are SLIGHTLY better then Myers.

Bruney over anyone else the mets have.

The mets pitching is a HUGE problem for them but lucklly for them they play in a league where NO ONE has pitching so they might be able to get through on that alone.

Rivera over Wagner by a " slight edge " ? Are you insane ? Billy Wagner is a gas can out of the pen in the post season. That's like handing the pill to Villone, the American League human launching pad. How dare you mention Rivera in the same breath as Wagner.
Like I said, this year. If you want to say career, or last 5 years or whatever, then it's obviously Rivera in a landslide.

Wagner has been very good for the Mets, just receives a lot more heat then he deserved this year because he is a big name FA and didn't start off on the right foot, making people say Looper and Franco and Benitez instantly.

I'll take his 2.27 (now slightly lower) and 40 saves happily for the price we paid. Sure, you'd want Rivera over anybody, but it obviously can't happen because no closer can touch him.

The best closer of all time vs a guy without a postseason save is "slight edge" LMAO

Proctor has better numbers then heilman in a real league.

Bradford = Gimmick underhander having a carrer year in an AWFUL league. Farnsworth = 100MPH heat You take hard throwers in the playoffs every time and on propper rest Farnsworth's ERA is under 1.3 this year.

Feliciano's numbers are SLIGHTLY better then Myers.

Bruney over anyone else the mets have.

The mets pitching is a HUGE problem for them but lucklly for them they play in a league where NO ONE has pitching so they might be able to get through on that alone.

As for Farnsworth and his era with proper rest, there's no such guarantee of proper rest in the post season. Mo doesn't appear to be a 2 inning guy right now so yes, Farnsworth will be exposed.

He's a mediocre reliever who happens to throw hard with a straight and very hittable fastball.

Villone sucks. Period. Not sure what that love affair has been all about to begin with.

Bruney propensity for the base on balls may haunt him in the play-offs as it has his entire time with the DBacks.

Proctor is much better than I thought.

Nobody compares to a healthy MO. Is he 100% is the question.

The Mets bullpen everywhere with the exception of a healthy Mo is superior.

If you don't think he was run into the ground you havn't been paying attention to the yankees this year.

Maybe he did get overworked a little bit, of course he's had both more appearances and more innings before in his career. I guess that happens to him all the time. Still think the yankees would have turned down a Ron Villone for Mike Gonzalez trade back in July? No wonder you rely so much on stats.

So after 11IP he's a "proven" choaker but after 4.2IP wanger gets a free pass because it's a small sample size. Nice logic.

How many years have you watched him? One?

As opposed to the 6 I watched him?

Don't insult my intelligence, homer. Keep living in your fantasy YankeeLand.

Like I said, this year. If you want to say career, or last 5 years or whatever, then it's obviously Rivera in a landslide.

Wagner has been very good for the Mets, just receives a lot more heat then he deserved this year because he is a big name FA and didn't start off on the right foot, making people say Looper and Franco and Benitez instantly.

I'll take his 2.27 (now slightly lower) and 40 saves happily for the price we paid. Sure, you'd want Rivera over anybody, but it obviously can't happen because no closer can touch him.

Ok. I will let you live. :)

If he doesn't play he doesn't deserve to attend. I still have issues with Clemens using us for a ring. He made up for it in a way for exposing Piazza to be the spineless jellyfish fag that he will always be. I think Randy has not given us what we expected. I don't think he has taken NY for a ride on purpose, but he needs to prove his worth.

How many years have you watched him? One?

As opposed to the 6 I watched him?

Don't insult my intelligence, homer. Keep living in your fantasy YankeeLand.

I've been watching him from the second he got to the majors and 11IP of bad postseason pitching don't make him a choker. You can go on your "gut feeling" all you want. I prefer to stick to the facts.

Maybe he did get overworked a little bit, of course he's had both more appearances and more innings before in his career. I guess that happens to him all the time. Still think the yankees would have turned down a Ron Villone for Mike Gonzalez trade back in July? No wonder you rely so much on stats.

a little bit? the guy pitched basicly every day for almost 3 months and had 70 innings by the middle of august, he threw 17IP in july and 22 in august thats ALOT of innings and it clearly took a toll on his arm. the yankees had no need for mike gonzalez when the idea fro that trade came up and they still don't now.

I've been watching him from the second he got to the majors and 11IP of bad postseason pitching don't make him a choker. You can go on your gut feeling all you want. I prefer to stick to the facts.

So, you watch the Cubs 100 times a year like I do? Is that what you are saying?

Otherwise, you are completely full of ****.

So, you watch the Cubs 100 times a year like I do? Is that what you are saying?

Otherwise, you are completely full of ****.

I don't care how often you watch him. Farnsworth is what his stats SAY he is. A pitcher who has had good and bad years, has the stuff to be dominent and needs proper rest to be effective.

I don't care how often you watch him. Farnsworth is what his stats SAY he is. A pitcher who has had good and bad years, has the stuff to be dominent and needs proper rest to be effective.

Give me a break.

Farnsworth has had "the stuff to be dominant" for 8 major league seasons and he still isn't dominant.

BTW, what exactly DO the glorious stats say he is?

A pitcher with a 7.36 postseason ERA.

Give me a break.

Farnsworth has had "the stuff to be dominant" for 8 major league seasons and he still isn't dominant.

BTW, what exactly DO the glorious stats say he is?

A pitcher with a 7.36 postseason ERA.

That ERA is WAY too small a sample size to mean anything.

Look at his numbers last year and then tell me he dosn't have the stuff to be dominent. 70IP 44H 87K 2.19 ERA It's hard to get more dominent then that... Or the year before 42IP 29H 55K 2.32 ERA. Obviously he hasn't been that good this year but as i've said before WHEN ON PROPPER rest he's been just as good as in 04 or 05.

That ERA is WAY too small a sample size to mean anything.

Look at his numbers last year and then tell me he dosn't have the stuff to be dominent. 70IP 44H 87K 2.19 ERA It's hard to get more dominent then that... Or the year before 42IP 29H 55K 2.32 ERA. Obviously he hasn't been that good this year but as i've said before WHEN ON PROPPER rest he's been just as good as in 04 or 05.

I never said that he DOESN'T have the stuff to be dominant. He does, but he never has been and never will be dominant because he is a head case.

Farnsworth is John Rocker minus an SI interview. He is going to IMPLODE. That's just what he does. Then you can spend the offseason looking over all your wonderful stats, trying to figure out what went wrong, while the Twins are polishing their World Series rings.

a little bit? the guy pitched basicly every day for almost 3 months and had 70 innings by the middle of august, he threw 17IP in july and 22 in august thats ALOT of innings and it clearly took a toll on his arm. the yankees had no need for mike gonzalez when the idea fro that trade came up and they still don't now.
So the Yankees have no need for a great, young pitcher who could easily become one of the best closers in baseball today if he was on a good team? I think EVERY team could use Mike Gonzalez, no matter how good their bullpen is.

So the Yankees have no need for a great, young pitcher who could easily become one of the best closers in baseball today if he was on a good team? I think EVERY team could use Mike Gonzalez, no matter how good their bullpen is.

This guy isn't Joel Zumaya, his WHIP, k/9 and g/f make it clear that he's not as good as his other numbers would fool you into believing.

Archived