Abraham not likely to play until week 6

Sperm Edwards

http://www.ajc.com/falcons/content/sports/falcons/stories/2006/09/29/0930falnotes.html

Abraham unlikely to play vs. Cards

By STEVE WYCHE

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 09/30/06

Flowery Branch — Falcons defensive end John Abraham did not practice again Friday, and though he is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against Arizona at the Georgia Dome, signals are he won't play again until the Oct. 15 home game against the New York Giants.

Week 1 - had a VERY good game

Week 2 - did not play

Week 3 - did not play

Week 4 - will not play

Week 5 - bye

Week 6-17 - ???

So basically, Abraham will play his 2nd game in week 6.

Well that certainly sounds like he's worth every penny of that money Atlanta gave him (along with a reasonably-priced first round draft pick to boot).

The contract we did NOT give him:

$45M over 6 years

$13.5M signing bonus

$19.5M over the first two years

then a base salary of $6M over the next four years.

What a rip-off. No doubt Abe will have some great games over the next 6 years. But in between his sacks (and it's not like he's getting 16-18 sacks/yr anyway) he was a liability on running plays.

All we got was a franchise center (or so we think thus far) & we're 2-1 through his first 3 games, the worst part of his growing pains. And this is while the only decent veteran on the entire line was mostly not playing. And said center's contract is like $7.5M over 5 years.

We totally dodged a bullet on this one.

Peeling potatoes is not a "mission"

Listen, I can give a chronological events of all my deployments and schools that I have been since 1989, but, why waste my time with a garbage like you. I have seen many of you in the military and never survive, because they are egocentric and ignorant. Sounds familiar or have you look at yourself lately?

Listen, I can give a chronological events of all my deployments and schools that I have been since 1989, but, why waste my time with a garbage like you. I have seen many of you in the military and never survive, because they are egocentric and ignorant. Sounds familiar or have you look at yourself lately?

Ignorant? Like saying the media is racist against non white models?

Egocentric? Like being a blowhard about being a minority?

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Your istance on Chad getting hurt sounds more like sour grapes. Phil Simms seems to have had a pretty damm good carrer after being bet up a few times. Past injury does not guarentee future injury. I am convinced last years was do to being rushed back by uncle hermy and had he sat out he first half of the season and rehabbed he would have been al right.

http://www.ajc.com/falcons/content/sports/falcons/stories/2006/09/29/0930falnotes.html

Week 1 - had a VERY good game

Week 2 - did not play

Week 3 - did not play

Week 4 - will not play

Week 5 - bye

Week 6-17 - ???

So basically, Abraham will play his 2nd game in week 6.

Well that certainly sounds like he's worth every penny of that money Atlanta gave him (along with a reasonably-priced first round draft pick to boot).

The contract we did NOT give him:

$45M over 6 years

$13.5M signing bonus

$19.5M over the first two years

then a base salary of $6M over the next four years.

What a rip-off. No doubt Abe will have some great games over the next 6 years. But in between his sacks (and it's not like he's getting 16-18 sacks/yr anyway) he was a liability on running plays.

All we got was a franchise center (or so we think thus far) & we're 2-1 through his first 3 games, the worst part of his growing pains. And this is while the only decent veteran on the entire line was mostly not playing. And said center's contract is like $7.5M over 5 years.

We totally dodged a bullet on this one.

I'm glad that we didn't give him the contract now and made that trade; I wasn't too pleased with it initally because of the playmaker he is, but I guess some things never change as far as injury-prone players go.

Of course, you won't hear ESPN praise us for this move; they were all ready to bash us for getting so "little" in return for him and saying it was a bad move, but it's now quiet that he is injured. Hypocrites.

I post at a Falcons Board and they all keep saying " A Groin pull is hard to come back from"

I tell them he has had the same "groin" pull for 3 years....

And you didn't get banned (assuming its their official board)? I went there after they gave Vick the ridiculous contract and made a thread asking if maybe it was a bit ignorant to give him that, just to have my thread locked and me banned with a message that said "Vick bashers are not welcome here."

I post at a Falcons Board and they all keep saying " A Groin pull is hard to come back from"

I tell them he has had the same "groin" pull for 3 years....

It's always an ambiguous injury. And it's always an injury that arbitrarily heals. Some players, a "groin pull" makes them miss practice but they still play on Sunday. Other players, like John Abraham- they miss half the season.

And you didn't get banned (assuming its their official board)? I went there after they gave Vick the ridiculous contract and made a thread asking if maybe it was a bit ignorant to give him that, just to have my thread locked and me banned with a message that said "Vick bashers are not welcome here."

No...i have a good repore with them. The site is falconsroost.com

I'm glad that we didn't give him the contract now and made that trade; I wasn't too pleased with it initally because of the playmaker he is, but I guess some things never change as far as injury-prone players go.

Of course, you won't hear ESPN praise us for this move; they were all ready to bash us for getting so "little" in return for him and saying it was a bad move, but it's now quiet that he is injured. Hypocrites.

Right now, Kerry Rhodes has more sacks than Dwight Freeney and John Abraham combined.

Wow....Do you want to get banned this afternoon? Stop hi-jacking threads with this.

Peeling potatoes isn't even close to a racist remark. You are in the ****ing ARMY....If you can't figure out the relevance of peeling potatoes than you need some help bro.

Wow....Do you want to get banned this afternoon? Stop hi-jacking threads with this.

Peeling potatoes isn't even close to a racist remark. You are in the ****ing ARMY....If you can't figure out the relevance of peeling potatoes than you need some help bro.

Finally, some common sense.

PRJ - You're in the freaking Army? Thank god i resigned my commission and got out when I did. A Platoon or Battery of guys like you would be too much for even the most patient of Captains like myself. Grow the hell up already. I had your types when I was a Platoon Leader, sat in the barracks all day after their run to the Class Six and acted like idiots while the rest of their Platoon were out banging chicks and having fun. It's friday, unless you're deployed get the hell off your ass and try something constructive. Your crap around here has grown old and no one is longer willing to put up with it. either join us or leave us, your choice.

PRJ - You're in the freaking Army? Thank god i resigned my commission and got out when I did. A Platoon or Battery of guys like you would be too much for even the most patient of Captains like myself. Grow the hell up already. I had your types when I was a Platoon Leader, sat in the barracks all day after their run to the Class Six and acted like idiots while the rest of their Platoon were out banging chicks and having fun. It's friday, unless you're deployed get the hell off your ass and try something constructive. Your crap around here has grown old and no one is longer willing to put up with it. either join us or leave us, your choice.

Be honest. You knew all about "Meat Spin" before it was ever mentioned on the MB, right?

Man all the other sites ban for anything even potentially negative. Jets fans are the only football fans that are actually brave enough to listen to other team's fans criticize us, and we debate with them. I think that's why so many other teams fans like our boards better than their own. People like tx and quickvik are just closet jets fans. They should come out already and admit they love us.

Man all the other sites ban for anything even potentially negative. Jets fans are the only football fans that are actually brave enough to listen to other team's fans criticize us, and we debate with them. I think that's why so many other teams fans like our boards better than their own. People like tx and quickvik are just closet jets fans. They should come out already and admit they love us.

Those guys will always be wannabe's.

Jet fans aint made, we're born. Nobody would willingly walk across the bridge of sighs, to the other side where all us Jets fans live.

I'm worth a million in prizes

with my torture film

drive a G.T.O.

wear a uniform

all on government loan

I'm worth a million in prizes

yeah i'm through with sleeping on the

sidewalk-no more beating my brains

with the liquor and drugs

with the liquor and drugs

well, i'm just a modern guy

of course, i've had it in the ear before