Herm loses another player...

GM

Chiefs' Allen charged with DUI again

LEAWOOD, Kan. (AP) -- Kansas City Chiefs defensive end Jared Allen has been charged with driving under the influence for the second time in five months.

Police pulled Allen over around 1:30 a.m. Tuesday after following a Dodge Charger that was not staying in the lane, Leawood Police Capt. Dale Finger said Friday.

Allen, who was alone in the car, refused to undergo sobriety testing and to take a breathalyzer test, so the officer placed him under arrest for DUI, Finger said.

In Kansas, not submitting to a breath test earns an automatic suspension of the driver's license.

Allen was ticketed for driving under the influence and given a notice to appear in court on Oct. 25, Finger said. Neither Allen nor the Chiefs would comment Friday on the stop.

In May, Allen was arrested in Overland Park for drunken driving and speeding. He was allowed to enter a diversion program in July that barred him from drinking alcohol or violating the law. Typically, the charges are dismissed if the program is completed successfully.

If the latest arrest leads to a conviction, Allen would face an NFL suspension.

Through the first two games of the season, Allen has 10 tackles, three assists and a sack. Last season, he led the team with 11 sacks and had 44 tackles and 27 assists.

Man you are really making a name out of yourself. First, with the racial comments and all the degredation towards spanish people. Now the military. You are a classy person, I mean, trailer trash.

Never made a racial comment. Reaching for straws....

As for the military...It is filled with bright, intelligent people. You just happen not to be one of them.

At least I serve this country with pride, and I am American; puertorican is my heritage. Now back off, Herman basher.

First off, thank you for serving our country , we all appreciate it. Second, in all seriousness, why the hell would we EVER STOP bashing that POS idiotic, low IQ , mentally challenged ex-coach of ours.

The only XsOs he knows about is on his tic-tac-doe board.

First off, thank you for serving our country , we all appreciate it. Second, in all seriousness, why the hell would we EVER STOP bashing that POS idiotic, low IQ , mentally challenged ex-coach of ours.

The only XsOs he knows about is on his tic-tac-doe board.

There has been the worst coach in recent memories. At least Herm took us to the playoffs.

Man you are really making a name out of yourself. First, with the racial comments and all the degredation towards spanish people. Now the military. You are a classy person, I mean, trailer trash.
**** you. If anyone on this site is a racist, it is you. You play the "poor ****ing me, I'm Puerto Rican" card every god damn chance you get whether it is relevant or not and try not make non-issues into a problem (waaaa the media beautifys white people waaaa). Not only that, that is a complete and total ****ing lie. Get over yourself and stop worrying about race, jesus christ is it that hard?

**** you. If anyone on this site is a racist, it is you. You play the "poor ****ing me, I'm Puerto Rican" card every god damn chance you get whether it is relevant or not and try not make non-issues into a problem (waaaa the media beautifys white people waaaa). Not only that, that is a complete and total ****ing lie. Get over yourself and stop worrying about race, jesus christ is it that hard?

Is a topic that even white people talk about, it is a general topic. Grow up.

I thought the topic was about Jared Allens 2nd DUI...

Allen de los jefes cargó con DUI otra vez

LEAWOOD, Kan. (AP) -- extremo defensivo Jared Allen de los jefes de la ciudad de Kansas se ha cargado con conducir bajo influencia para la segunda vez en cinco meses. El policía tiró de Allen más de alrededor 1:30 mañana. Martes después de seguir un cargador que no permanecía en el carril, capitán Dale Finger del regate del policía de Leawood dijo viernes. Allen, que estaba solo en el coche, rechazó experimentar a la sobriedad que probaba y tomar una prueba del breathalyzer, así que al oficial lo colocó bajo detención para DUI, dedo dicho. En Kansas, no sometiendo a una prueba de la respiración gana una suspensión automática de la licencia de conductor. Marcaron a Allen para conducir bajo influencia y dado un aviso de aparecer en corte de oct. el 25, el dedo dijo. Ni Allen ni los jefes comentaría viernes respecto a la parada. En mayo, arrestaron a Allen en el parque por tierra para conducir borracho y apresurar. A le se permitió incorporar un programa de la diversión en julio que lo barró del alcohol que bebía o de violar la ley. Típicamente, se despiden las cargas si el programa se termina con éxito. Si la detención más última conduce a una convicción, Allen haría frente a una suspensión de NFL. A través de los primeros dos juegos de la estación, Allen tiene 10 trastos, tres ayudas y un saco. La estación pasada, él condujo a equipo con 11 sacos y tenía 44 trastos y 27 ayudas.

I never like hearing about injuries to anyone, but the bright side is Herm now has plenty of excuses for a horrible season. I am happy for Herm. He is a good guy and deserves all the breaks he can get. ;)

DUI is not an injury. unless stupidity is an injury. In that case herm should be collecting disability checks soon.

There has been the worst coach in recent memories. At least Herm took us to the playoffs.

Herm didn't "take" us anywhere.

In five seasons, as leader, architect, and strategist of the team, the Jets always got worse- in four out of the five seasons, they went 10-6, 9-7, 6-10, and 4-12. Notice a pattern?

As for "taking us to the playoffs". In 2001, the Jets finish 9-7 if not for the Raiders game being pushed back. In 2002, the 8-8 Jets beat the Packers in the last game of the season, only because the Packers had already clinched their seed, and they really didn't even try to win the game. Still, if not for a total Miami meltdown against the Pats that same afternoon, the Jets would not have backdoored in (again).

The third playoff appearance was the biggest disgrace of them all. Herm had the entire month of December to win just one football game to secure a playoff seed, and couldn't do it. He needed yet another meltdown by another team (the Bills) to backdoor his stupid *ss into the playoffs.

Herm's teams won two playoff games in five years. They destroyed the Colts in 2002 and won a nailbiter against the Chargers in 2004. The elimination in 2004 to the Steelers was solely on Herman Edwards, who called a horrible game, mismanaged the clock, and froze out his own kicker on a potential victory sealer. His refusal to spell an innefective Martin with Lamont Jordan was pure folly.

The guy was a scumbag and a fraud. Any other coaching staff, and the Jets may have won a super bowl between 2001-2005.

That is a damn good summary of the Herm Edwards era JetMoses. I would only add one thing, that no matter what happened, Herm never took responsibility. He fired a defensive coordinator and offensive one, and never being a coordinator himself, could never help with any gameplanning, playcalling, or other game management type issues so they were on their own. At least when Dick Kotite had the worst GM/Coach performance of all time he had the good judgement to fire himself. Herm only renegotiated for more money on two occasions.

That is a damn good summary of the Herm Edwards era JetMoses. I would only add one thing, that no matter what happened, Herm never took responsibility. He fired a defensive coordinator and offensive one, and never being a coordinator himself, could never help with any gameplanning, playcalling, or other game management type issues so they were on their own. At least when Dick Kotite had the worst GM/Coach performance of all time he had the good judgement to fire himself. Herm only renegotiated for more money on two occasions.

Does anyone believe that Herm hired Teddy and Hackett? They were hired for him not by him. Herm wasn't qualified to be the Jets HC. Bradway hired the staff. To Herm's credit he survived in a position he had no business being in. I also give him alot of credit for orchestrating his out and a bigger contract with KC. I never thought he was smart enough to pull that off.

For a guy who at best should be a DB coach in the NFL he had a 5 year run as the Jets HC and parlayed it into a 4 year contract with the Chiefs. What ever you think of Herm, he has done one hell of a job taking care of himself and his family. He may not be qualified or a very bright NFL HC, but the guy apparently has a lot more street smarts than most of us give him credit for.

Does anyone believe that Herm hired Teddy and Hackett? They were hired for him not by him. Herm wasn't qualified to be the Jets HC. Bradway hired the staff. To Herm's credit he survived in a position he had no business being in. I also give him alot of credit for orchestrating his out and a bigger contract with KC. I never thought he was smart enough to pull that off.

While I think TeddyC was forced on him, I think the Hackett hire was all Herm. Hackett ran the retardedly conservative Martyball offense that Herm cut his coaching teeth on in KC. Herm has made no bones about loving ultra-conservative offenses, and Hackett was his man. He is a hands-off coach, he wanted to give pressers and schmooze the coaching scene and make some icons of football players through feelgood stories. I'm sure he hated the Cottrell hire because Teddy was clueless to the Tampa Cover-Who and it meant that Herm actually had to think about something other than what colors go well with green.

Why would I possibly care about Herm Edwards outside of coaching football? I would be equally interested in hair product used by the guy who installed my hardwood floors.

So I need not admit anything positive about Herm.

He is a scumbag and a friggin' fool as a HC. Hired or inherited Cotrell - who knows. And frankly who cares. (I give equal credence to both arguments. It seems unlikely that Herm would want to hire a DC with no experience in full-time cover-2 schemes, but it is also equally unlikely that Herm considered this as being important - after all, he learned it so therefore anyone could). Regardless, it was a DC whose experience (and more importantly, SUCCESS) was in the 3-4. His players were tailor-made for the 3-4, including a DE/OLB playmaking hybrid that all 3-4 teams crave. Herm had also, incidentally, never gameplanned the cover-2 himself; he followed orders from either his HC or DC or both, and only took care of the DB's. This job was made all the easier since his DB's played behind the NFL's best front-7 for years and were hand-selected specifically to play in the Tampa-2 scheme.

His solution? Abandon the working system for one he'd never (completely) run himself, that his DC had never run nor coached, and one for which his players were totally unsuited.

If I didn't know him to be so arrogant & stubborn after 5 years, it smacks of someone who is just not intelligent.

If I didn't know him to be so arrogant & stubborn after 5 years, it smacks of someone who is just not intelligent.

this whole "Ted Cottrell was forced on him" is just more revisionist Herm spin BS.

It's not like there was a long line of candidates who wanted to be Herm's DC. When he finally did get around to firing Cottrell (or did the guy who hired him, fire him???), it took him two weeks to find a replacement, and he went with his last choice (turned out to be the right choice for that one season, but thats besides the point).

The fact is, Herm was fast tracked, and nobody with any amount of integrity was going to want to be on his staff, under those circumstances. Cottrell was looking for a HC position, and I guess he thought at the time it would be in his best interest to with Herm, and maybe some of Herm's "magic" would rub off on him.

For a guy who at best should be a DB coach in the NFL he had a 5 year run as the Jets HC and parlayed it into a 4 year contract with the Chiefs. What ever you think of Herm, he has done one hell of a job taking care of himself and his family. He may not be qualified or a very bright NFL HC, but the guy apparently has a lot more street smarts than most of us give him credit for.

I am willing to give credit where credit is due. I agree with this, he did take care of his family. I don't think he is a bad person, just an absolutely horrific head coach.

I don't think it's so much"street smarts". I think it's more a case of Herm being a confidence man. He's smooth, he could sell the Brooklyn Bridge twice in one day.

Herm's a con man. Nothing more, nothing less.

Archived