JUGGERNAUT: The 2005 Yankees

Alk

I'm no baseball fan by any means but I can't say enough about the job they're doing up there. Truly impressed. Worst start since 91' and they have the same record as my beloved KC Royals. You should be so proud GJ&H. :lol:

Oh come on, can't a guy have a little fun? :lol:

Sorry I couldn't resist ALK. Really wanted to resist...just couldn't.

The Yankees will be fine. They will still win 100 games. How far they go in the postseason depends on the health of Randy Johnson in October.

Maxman has already mastered the mantra...now the rest of you Yankee $kankees repeat after me:

"The Yanks will be fine, they have the best rotation in baseball, they aren't old and slow, they are clutch, they dont choke in big spots...and more importantly, we have nothing to worry about"

And now, a moment of silence for the late great Bernie Williams

I would be scared but Boston doesn't frighten me.

Schilling is LARGE. That is a lot of weight for 2 hamstrings to support. I smell a POP.

Francona is out of dumb luck.

Edgar has a bunch of errors already at SS.

Millar is your 1B. That is some tight D right there.

Isn't is time for Trot's visit to the DL?

How is David Wells doing?

Yankees always have a slow start, now not as bad as this one for a while but eventually everything will start clicking.

We'll see you in October.

OK, JFS124, you can make that part of the mantra if you so desire. It can be the pre-cursor like Ronan Tynan's 30 second intro to "God bless America"

I would be scared but Boston doesn't frighten me.

Skank fans are so cute when they are in denial. :roll:

Schilling is LARGE. That is a lot of weight for 2 hamstrings to support. I smell a POP.

Dude has always been portly. Now that he can actually run, he will get done to his usual 220+.

Francona is out of dumb luck.

Luck never entered the equation. The Sox were the better team.

Edgar has a bunch of errors already at SS.

He has 2. He had 11 last year. Should we be concerned A-Rod is hitting .244? No. Renteria will be alright. I saw him make a diving catch Nomar and Jeter can only dream about Friday night.

Millar is your 1B. That is some tight D right there.

:shock: Your really grasping at straws. I would be more concerned if the middle defense was average at best. It is not and I think we will be ok with Millar.

Isn't is time for Trot's visit to the DL??

s the first time he had a major injury. Again, grasping at straws Max. You should be more concerned because we do not have light hitting Gabe Kapler and Millar playing right field for a majority of the season. Now, we have the .300 hitting Trot with his customary 25-30 bombs playing right for the whole season. Is it a coincidence that Boston caught fire when he came back?

This is the one area you even come close on. However, if Friday night is an indication he could be on the right track finally.

While it is still early, I think the Sox are were they are to be expected with all the turnover and the questions in the rotation they had from Schilling to Miller. The Yanks however are not. Other then Pavano, the rest have sucked to include your bullpen. Couple that with your horrid hitting, it should be no surprise your in last place.

Thanks for call me cute.

Unless Schilling loses a limb sometime soon he is not seeing 220 this season. Excercise bike anyone? All I am saying is without him the SOX have ZERO shot. And he put the team at risk by getting so FAT. He is large. I say he is easily over 250.

Yeah the Sox were one bounced ball away from going home (ground rule double). Luck never factors into baseball. I am not saying that the Sox were not the better team. They were. I am not using luck as an excuse. I am just saying that Francona is one and done! That said, someday he will have a street named after him in Boston.

Renteria is on pace for almost 30 errors. This doesn't concern you? :mrgreen:

Oh and I am not in last place. The Yankees are. I root for them but they don't validate me nor do they define my existence.

Wow...Maxman is pulling the "its no longer 'we' and now it's 'they'" card. He must have finally realized its all over!!!

[-X

There is a lot of baseball left to be played. It is still the top of the 1st. Wilford Brimley I mean Joe Torre just read them the riot act. "I shoulda been a farmer".

The Yankees will be fine.

The Yankees will get straightened out and start playing better but this is unlike what many Yankee fans thought a lock as East champs.

Look in the article in today's N.Y Times -your starters and relief pitchers ERA's are both over 5.00 -that is where your major problem is- I think a lot of people have overestimated the supposedly great pitching staff the Yankees have put together.

The Yankees will get straightened out and start playing better but this is unlike what many Yankee fans thought a lock as East champs.

Look in the article in today's N.Y Times -your starters and relief pitchers ERA's are both over 5.00 -that is where your major problem is- I think a lot of people have overestimated the supposedly great pitching staff the Yankees have put together.

I'm not surprised Wright (terrible sign by the Yankees. I was rooting for it to happen) and Brown (Fork) have had trouble.

Randy Johnson having trouble though? Shocking.

One of two things (and I don't know which because I haven't seen RJ pitch yet, very hard for me to catch games right now).

1) A buddy of mine says RJ was mostly in the 91-92-93 range when he watched him pitch. That's not the real RJ. If so, either he's injured, needs time to get untracked, or has started a significant age decline.

2) Small. Sample. Size.

I'm not surprised Wright (terrible sign by the Yankees. I was rooting for it to happen) and Brown (Fork) have had trouble.

Randy Johnson having trouble though? Shocking.

One of two things (and I don't know which because I haven't seen RJ pitch yet, very hard for me to catch games right now).

1) A buddy of mine says RJ was mostly in the 91-92-93 range when he watched him pitch. That's not the real RJ. If so, either he's injured, needs time to get untracked, or has started a significant age decline.

2) Small. Sample. Size.

Randy Johnson is 41 years old. This fact seems to escape some Yankee fans who think all Yankees have plenty of gas left in the tank (See: Bernie Williams, Tino Martinez, Mariano Rivera, Jason Giambi, etc)

Archived