PatsFanTX

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not a shocker at all.

Good luck Ty and thanks for eveything!

What FA is BB 'gonna pick-up???

Garb's on to something here.

The Pats didn't have to make a move on Law until training camp started. Even with his cap hit, the Pats still would have been under.

I think BB has his eyes on a FA that he would need money to get signed next week. Thus, the axing of Law.

Anybody have any speculation?

The Pats didn't have to make a move on Law until training camp started. Even with his cap hit, the Pats still would have been under.

I think BB has his eyes on a FA that he would need money to get signed next week. Thus, the axing of Law.

I would say Earthwind Moreland for Surtain, but we cut him to. Maybe TS is right, first Earthwind and now the Patriots' are lawless. :?

Maybe a stud MLB?

Yes they did--- you have to be under the cap by March 1st, and with the Pats current cap # at 90.729, they needed to get to 85.500.

Rather than restructure some other guys (and/or cut Phifer and Brown) and delay dealing with Law, they decided to just bite the bullet right now.

This yields savings of 9.857 mil, leaving them with a cap # of 80.972 after subtracting Law, and a current cap # of 81.177 after the rule of 51 takes effect (by cutting Law, the 52nd highest paid player on the team is "bumped" onto the cap. Right now that player makes 305 K.

So the Pats are now 4.323 mil below the cap. if they so desire by cutting Brown and Phifer they could drop to 10.210 mil below the cap AFTER the rule of 51 takes effect.

The Pats are in solid cap shape. All these numbers INCLUDE Vinatieri at the franchise number (if he signs a long term deal his cap # will go down). Other than a handful of significant RFAs, the Pats have the headroom to be mobile in FA or in working with existing contracts if they so desire.

Listen fellas....I will not entertain any thought of the Pats releasing employee #80. Got that. I do not want to read such filth ever again.....got that Richard???? :wink:

Patrick Surtain anyone???

IMO they'll either cut him and resign him very cheap or "effectively cut him", taking so much off his contract that it will look like a totally different one.

Yes they did--- you have to be under the cap by March 1st, and with the Pats current cap # at 90.729, they needed to get to 85.500.

Thanks RS.

That info contridicts an article I read on Tuesday saying that even with Law's number, the Pats would be under the cap number by March 1st.

Not me.

Me neither. I'm not yet tired of talking about THE WORLD CHAMPION NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS or whether they will successfully DEFEND THEIR TITLE AS THE BEST FOOTBALL TEAM IN THE WORLD and whether they can WIN THE LOMBARDI TROPHY FOR A FOURTH TIME BECAUSE, YOU KNOW, THEY'VE ALREADY WON THREE, or pointing out that THE PATRIOTS HAVE WON MORE PLAYOFF GAMES IN THE LAST 4 YEARS THAN THE JETS HAVE IN THEIR ENTIRE 44 YEAR HISTORY OF EXISTANCE.

Somehow it's not old yet.

Archived