Jon Lieber

GimmeShelter

Anyone understand the Yankees in not wanting to ante up on Lieber?

The second year back after TJ surgery is historically when a pitcher regains his previous form .

Lieber won 14 games last year after missing the first month of the season, was their best pitcher down the stretch and clearly showed he could handle NY play-off pressure.

tough to imagine...and go back one year and ask why they didnt ante up on Andy Pettite while your at it.

Oh thats right...george was too busy wining and dining Garroid and Doc Gooden to bother with Andy Pettite.

how many games has andy pettitte won since leaving the yankees???

He was injured last year as you may or may not know. I am aware that inbreeding can take a toll on memory and reading comprehension.

Anyway, that may not have happened if he were still on the Yankees and NYY would have loved to have Andy last year in the postseason instead of Brown and Javy. Andy is a 32-year old lefty in his prime!!!

Other than last year, he pretty much took the ball every fifth day for the Yankees...and correct me if I am wrong, he won more games than anyone else ever in the postseason!

And if youre insinuating that he's old, hobbled, and his career done...he'd fit right in the middle of that rotation

He was injured last year as you may or may not know. I am aware that inbreeding can take a toll on memory and reading comprehension.

Anyway, that may not have happened if he were still on the Yankees and NYY would have loved to have Andy last year in the postseason instead of Brown and Javy. Andy is a 32-year old lefty in his prime!!!

Other than last year, he pretty much took the ball every fifth day for the Yankees...and correct me if I am wrong, he won more games than anyone else ever in the postseason!

And if youre insinuating that he's old, hobbled, and his career done...he'd fit right in the middle of that rotation

Thats exactly my point you jack***

Yankees knew Andy had an elbow problem. He missed a large portion of the 2002 season

Thats exactly my point you jack***

Yankees knew Andy had an elbow problem. He missed a large portion of the 2002 season

I guess you could be that big of a myopian retard if you want to believe that, inbed boy. But Andy hurt himself while batting...so your point is thus nullified no matter how much you want to believe it.

It turns out, the Yanks were LUCKY Pettite got hurt last year so their GI-NORM-OUS choke wasnt made to seem a tad bit bigger due to fat george turning his back on Andy for Garroid.

I guess you could be that big of a myopian retard if you want to believe that, inbed boy. But Andy hurt himself while batting...so your point is thus nullified no matter how much you want to believe it.

It turns out, the Yanks were LUCKY Pettite got hurt last year so their GI-NORM-OUS choke wasnt made to seem a tad bit bigger due to fat george turning his back on Andy for Garroid.

Whatever floats your boat moron

schooled me, Maxman? How and when did this happen?

He said: "How many games did Pettite win so far this year?" Whether or not you want to admit it...letting Pettite go was yet another huge Yankee blunder on par with Mariano's throw into CF during game 7, bringing in Giambi, Raul Mondesi dropping flyballs, Jeff Weaver for Ted Lilly, Jose Contreras, etc...letting Pettite go was one of the biggest sins.

Nobody thinks neglecting him until he signed with Houston was a good idea except Yankee apologists. You know the type; they are the ones nowadays saying "Oh, the Yanks will be fine, Joe will figure it out" as they are tied for last place with the D-Rays.

schooled me, Maxman? How and when did this happen?

He said: "How many games did Pettite win so far this year?" Whether or not you want to admit it...letting Pettite go was yet another huge Yankee blunder on par with Mariano's throw into CF during game 7, bringing in Giambi, Raul Mondesi dropping flyballs, Jeff Weaver for Ted Lilly, Jose Contreras, etc...letting Pettite go was one of the biggest sins.

Nobody thinks neglecting him until he signed with Houston was a good idea except Yankee apologists. You know the type; they are the ones nowadays saying "Oh, the Yanks will be fine, Joe will figure it out" as they are tied for last place with the D-Rays.

wow and the red sox are a whole 2 games better 2 weeks into the season!!! WOOOOOO HOOOOO

once again, the thesis is lost on EB.

A. Forget the Red Sox, youre in danger of being swept by the Orioles.

B. There is big trouble in the Bronx whether you want to acknowledge it or not

C. george will blow this whole thing sky high if it gets much worse...he's got alot of ca$h, but even he cant watch a $200 million investment sh*t the bed. And those phoney bandwagon fans are about to abandon NYY for the excitement of Shea Stadium as early as THIS summer if the Yanks cant get it turned around. NYC fans are as fickle as anyone!

D. YOUR TEAM CANT F'N PITCH ANYMORE. THE 1980'S ARE BACK IN THE BRONX!!!

Andy signed a 4 year deal. In Year One he DID NOTHING. Injury or not the bottom line is that for the first 25% of his contract, the Astros got ZERO return on investment.

You can not say that letting him go at this point was a mistake.

I can say that letting Pettite go was a misatke because:

-Clemens signed there too b/c of him and won a Cy Young

-He MIGHT not have been injured last season in the AL and would have been the ace all year for the Yanks, esp. in the post-season

-Their only lefty is 41 with an injury prone history

-AP won more postseason games than anyone in history

-And its still not a mistake for Houston because I would wager he has had alot to do with the resurgent interest in the Astros. How many people lined up for tickets last year after he and Clemens.

Dude, Max, c'mon, I shoulnt have to sell you of all people on the merits of Andrew Pettite. He's a 32 year old lefty in his prime arguably!!!!!!!!!!!!

-He MIGHT not have been injured last season in the AL and would have been the ace all year for the Yanks, esp. in the post-season

-And its still not a mistake for Houston because I would wager he has had alot to do with the resurgent interest in the Astros. How many people lined up for tickets last year after he and Clemens.

Dude, Max, c'mon, I shoulnt have to sell you of all people on the merits of Andrew Pettite. He's a 32 year old lefty in his prime arguably!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHo was shipped out and suffered an elbow injury and has yet to regain his Yankee form. Sounds to me somebody knew he was damaged goods and lety him walk. Smart move in my book but you just want to bust balls and could care less about the truth.

You have an agenda,we all see it. As bad as some of us are Yankee homers,you are just as bad a Yankee stalker.

Jet/Bosox is right. Letting Pettitte go was foolish as hell. Yeah he's not doing all that great in Houston but so what? He'd be doing better then Jaret Wright / Kevin Brown are doing here. Imagine if we could've kept Andy and Lieber?

Johnson

Pavano

Pettitte

Lieber

Mussina

Enough said, we'd be unstoppable.

You say he might not have been hurt. But he was. If we are going to play that game then how about...imagine if the Yankees got one hit with runners on base in the ALCS. They would have won the WS.

That would have been great.

Imagine if Babe Ruth took steroids and they prolonged his life. And he was still playing. Totally cool.

Bro...Petite has done squat so far. Clemens was not coming back to NY regardless. I loved Andy. I wanted him resigned. He is an ALL TIME great Yankee. But as much as I blasted the move at the time, so far the Yankees were right on this one.

Andy signed a 4 year deal. In Year One he DID NOTHING. Injury or not the bottom line is that for the first 25% of his contract, the Astros got ZERO return on investment.

You can not say that letting him go at this point was a mistake.

I know for a FACT the Yankees had knowledge of the impending doom that was Andy Pettite's decline due to elbow problems.

And this is coming from a Mets fan who DESPISES the Yankees.

Archived