It's time for Torre to go

NYJ

I know it will never happen, mainly because Jeter is so loyal to him, but Torre needs to be gone and the faster, the better. The Yankees look so flat, playing with no fire and it's very frustrating to watch. This team's lack of mental toughness and heart is a result of Torre

With average talent to work with, Joe's just a decent manager. Still I'm surprised at even a Yankee fan calling for his head so soon.

For example: Every managerial job he'd ever had prior to the Yankees.

I think Torre is over-rated, but if the Yanks fire him after the season, I will gladly swap Dusty Baker for Torre.

There are some people that are way too comfortable. Saalries are dictating roles. Between Wang and the othe guy who was solid in the spring, some radical changes have to be made. I can't say that Torre changes that, But he's never been a radical change guy. This is still the man whom played Charlies Hayes over Wade Boggs for reasons known only to himself, and has worn out the pen each year for the past few. It might help to get some pitchers that throw strikes, too. Brian Roberts, 5 HRs and all, still shouldn't be getting walked. Is every Yankee game gonna feature every oppising batter going to 3-2 and lasting 4 1/2 hours?

Want to send a message-write a check to Giambi and send him packing yesterday. It will be a lot easier that watching this idiocy of him ignoring 1/3 of the field to pull ground ball outs when he doesn't whiff. Play Crosby; give at bats to Sierra at DH and put Tino at 1B every day. And call up the Stros and find out what they want for Clemnes-a pitcher with testicles.

Bugg...the Giambi thing is going to make me puke. All he had to do is hit a few soft grounders to 3B and then the shift will stop forever. Someone do the math and talk to this idiot.

Hayes played over Boggs (and I hated it) because of Boggs' lack of range. I always wanted it to have been Boggs who caught that last ball in 96.

But I agree Torre needs to turn up the heat. I swear if I was managing I would bat AROD 9th for a week. When the media asked me why I would say, until he hits in the clutch we need to minimize his RBI chances. It gives the team a better chance of winning. AROD needs to step up. That trade is going to be the death of Cashman if he doesn't.

I still think A-Rod can contribute big-time. The problem is pitching and the dead spots in the lineup, which there are now too many. Giambi is STEALING MONEY RIGHT NOW!And when you've constucted this pen this so role-defined, I don't know how they change that quickly.

I still think A-Rod can contribute big-time. The problem is pitching and the dead spots in the lineup, which there are now too many. Giambi is STEALING MONEY RIGHT NOW!And when you've constucted this pen this so role-defined, I don't know how they change that quickly.

Giambi is stealing money. He is a mistake hitter at this point.

AROD can prove otherwise and he really needs to. He got up tonight and hit the weak groundball that would have ended the 8th had Torre not started the runners. He is just so un-clutch.

Flash has me really worried. He seems to have lost it in a hurry. I think Rodriguez is going to get a shot at the 8th inning role!

All you Yankee fans wish you were Mets fans right now. Admit it. You have a gutless, lifeless, leaderless team. Oh, and it costs you A QUARTER BIL to field that mess. **** the Yankees. **** the Yankee fan and **** George Steinbrenner.

Willie Randolph for President.

All you Yankee fans wish you were Mets fans right now. Admit it. You have a gutless, lifeless, leaderless team. Oh, and it costs you A QUARTER BIL to field that mess. F#ck the Yankees. F#ck the Yankee fan and F#ck George Steinbrenner.

=D>

Tom, that brings a tear to my eye.... that was beautiful, man.

All you Yankee fans wish you were Mets fans right now. Admit it. You have a gutless, lifeless, leaderless team. Oh, and it costs you A QUARTER BIL to field that mess. F#ck the Yankees. F#ck the Yankee fan and F#ck George Steinbrenner.

Willie Randolph for President.

I wish i was a NY Mess fan about as much as i wish for my dick to rot off. Id rather bang a dead animal then be a NY mess fan.

The Mess & their entire fanbase=the NY Giants fanbase. Think about that one.

Greg jefferies was a mama's boy and Keith Hernandez took it up the ass from gary carter,

I wish i was a NY Mess fan about as much as i wish for my d!ck to rot off. Id rather bang a dead animal then be a NY mess fan.

The Mess & their entire fanbase=the NY Giants fanbase. Think about that one.

Greg jefferies was a mama's boy and Keith Hernandez took it up the a$$ from gary carter,

We do not roll over for Bruce Chen. Think about that one.

And RS, coming from you, that's huge. Thanks. I love you. :oops:

Forget moving Torre...nobody could manage the trainwreck that is the New York Yankees. Simply too many malcontent, billionaire thugs in one clubhouse. With all the talent assembled, eternal strife and chaos are clearly ruling that team. Torre will probably quit over it before/during/or immediately after this year's installment of Yankee choking.

Here is what george needs to do: MOVE DEREK JETER ASAP!!! A-rod is probably already whining about his role as 3rd baseman behind the scenes. Bora$ is telling george: "We gave 3rd a good try, but alas, its not gonna happen, move A-hole back to his original position and he will be A-hole again." George hates Jetes anyway and we know it. Maybe "hate" is too strong...but he is indifferent towards Yankee brought-ups as he ejaculates to trophies from other teams. You know it and I know it. If/when Jetes is traded to some place like San Diego, he will eventually become the player we all know he is...good ball player, nice defense, plays hard...BUT VASTLY OVER-VALUED AND SERIOUSLY OVERRATED!

If fat george can move Reggie...he can move Jetes in a heartbeat!

The problem is not Torre.

It is Steinbrenner. When he was forced to sit back and watch, the team became great. Now, since he came back after his banishment, he has gotten more and more meddlesome. The team is talented, but troubled and there seems to be little chemistry. The bottomline is if they are not getting bombs from the whole lineup, they strugle to manufacture runs.

The championship Yankee teams of the late last century, :wink: remind me of the Sox. Everyone can hit and has decent to very good power.

Those Yankee teams are dead. These Yankee teams are the talented failures of the 80s. Talented teams lack some ingredient.

The problem is not Torre.

It is Steinbrenner. When he was forced to sit back and watch, the team became great. Now, since he came back after his banishment, he has gotten more and more meddlesome. The team is talented, but troubled and there seems to be little chemistry. The bottomline is if they are not getting bombs from the whole lineup, they strugle to manufacture runs.

The championship Yankee teams of the late last century, :wink: remind me of the Sox. Everyone can hit and has decent to very good power.

Those Yankee teams are dead. These Yankee teams are the talented failures of the 80s. Talented teams lack some ingredient.

....and the Sawx are tearing it up?

Yanks win the East again by more than 10

Yankee fans are the most entertaining in all of sports! A 4-7 start and we're ready to throw Torre off the GW Bridge. I love it.

The Yankees were 5-6 after eleven games last year, and they won 101. They're a game off that pace this year, so I am looking for 100 wins.

The best part is how fast the switch will get thrown. Once they rip off a 20-5 clip, these same fans will be comfortably seated in the front of the bus they're ready to throw Torre under today.

....and the Sawx are tearing it up?

Yanks win the East again by more than 10

Hardly. If you asked me if I would be happy with a 6-5 start after facing the Yanks 6x, the unknown status of Schilling and the question marks of the rest of the staff, I would say...Yes.

The Yanks are still a force, but they are hardly the 1998 Yanks. Not even close.

Forget moving Torre...nobody could manage the trainwreck that is the New York Yankees. Simply too many malcontent, billionaire thugs in one clubhouse. With all the talent assembled, eternal strife and chaos are clearly ruling that team. Torre will probably quit over it before/during/or immediately after this year's installment of Yankee choking.

Here is what george needs to do: MOVE DEREK JETER ASAP!!! A-rod is probably already whining about his role as 3rd baseman behind the scenes. Bora$ is telling george: "We gave 3rd a good try, but alas, its not gonna happen, move A-hole back to his original position and he will be A-hole again." George hates Jetes anyway and we know it. Maybe "hate" is too strong...but he is indifferent towards Yankee brought-ups as he ejaculates to trophies from other teams. You know it and I know it. If/when Jetes is traded to some place like San Diego, he will eventually become the player we all know he is...good ball player, nice defense, plays hard...BUT VASTLY OVER-VALUED AND SERIOUSLY OVERRATED!

If fat george can move Reggie...he can move Jetes in a heartbeat!

Jeter? If George hated Jeter so much he would not have gave him the captain spot that barely any Yankees have ever had. Jeter isn't going anywhere, screw A-Rod, the A-Rod trade is turning out to bite us in the ass. I miss Sori :cry:

A-hole symbollizes the problems with Yankee-land these days. He's perfect for this joke of a team.

You cant keep piecing together icons from other teams. New York is a huge city...there is a LONG list of guys who cant get it done in NYC. Like anything else, you need to build a foundation first and foremost...not assemble 25 mercenaries with no rhyme or reason, most of whom join the list of guys who cant get it (and didnt get it) done in NYC.

I know fat george has infintite cash but his problem is that he doesnt have infinite roster spots. The current $kankee product is a joke and Yankee fans know this.

A-hole symbollizes the problems with Yankee-land these days. He's perfect for this joke of a team.

You cant keep piecing together icons from other teams. New York is a huge city...there is a LONG list of guys who cant get it done in NYC. Like anything else, you need to build a foundation first and foremost...not assemble 25 mercenaries with no rhyme or reason, most of whom join the list of guys who cant get it (and didnt get it) done in NYC.

I know fat george has infintite cash but his problem is that he doesnt have infinite roster spots. The current $kankee product is a joke and Yankee fans know this.

15.jpg

poop.gifpoop.gifpoop.gif

Just to hear you say we are a joke let's everybody know what a joke you really are.

Hired Mercenaries?

Like Curt Schilling,Matt Clement,David Ortiz,David Wells & Edgar Renteria?

Or maybe Like Orlando Cabrera last year?

Yankee fans are the most entertaining in all of sports! A 4-7 start and we're ready to throw Torre off the GW Bridge. I love it.

I am not certain that the guy who started this thread is actually a Yankees fan.

Just to hear you say we are a joke let's everybody know what a joke you really are.

Hired Mercenaries?

Like Curt Schilling,Matt Clement,David Ortiz,David Wells & Edgar Renteria?

Or maybe Like Orlando Cabrera last year?

smizzy, I know youre a product of the NYS public school system...but you can read my post right.

You know what the difference is between all those Red Sox mercenaries and the Yankee hired guns? The Red Sox GOT IT F'N DONE LAST YEAR!

here is my point again, succinctly this time:

THE YANKEES CANT GET IT DONE ANYMORE. THEY ARENT BUILDING ANYTHING AND TEH GREED OF FAT GEORGE HAS KILLED THEM!

THE YANKEES CANT GET IT DONE ANYMORE. THEY ARENT BUILDING ANYTHING AND TEH GREED OF FAT GEORGE HAS KILLED THEM!

George may suck, he may be out of his mind at this point. But I wouldn't call him greedy.

Did you see the new stadium deal? Specifically how George gave NY full control over the parking?

Greed is not what consumes him anymore. I may be senility but it is not greed.

George may suck, he may be out of his mind at this point. But I wouldn't call him greedy.

Did you see the new stadium deal? Specifically how George gave NY full control over the parking?

Greed is not what consumes him anymore. I may be senility but it is not greed.

OK Max, he's not greedy anymore because he's paying for his own stadium and not the taxpayers...oh and he deferred on the parking.

But bringing in Giamboo, Garroid, Contreras, Matsui, A-hole, Raul Mondesi, Jeff Weaver, and Geoffery the Giraffe has killed and is killing the Yankees.

Too bad its too late for george to turn over this new leaf!

Bash George all u want, god knows I have, but he does what it takes to win. He's willing to put his money where it matters and make it happen. Until these past 2 years, the Tigers didn't have that in an owner and it was misery. The Tigers jumped in payroll big time this year and it has the rest of the AL Central upset and worried, because now they have to follow suit. George may be an a$$hole, but he's an a$$hole who does what he has to do to put his team in position to win.

Everyone needs to chill the hell out, thinking the Yankees are going to continue this early season misery into August is insane. They'll be leading the AL East by mid may.

Yes maybe he is senile. I am not saying he is the best talent evaluator out there. Never has been.

But Matsui doesn't belong on that list. For 7 million a year the guy is a beast. And Sheff has performed well since he has been here.

And Weaver is 100% on Cashman. That was in the middle of the year...I think the first time George heard of him was when Cash asked him to signoff on it.

OK Max, he's not greedy anymore because he's paying for his own stadium and not the taxpayers...oh and he deferred on the parking.

But bringing in Giamboo, Garroid, Contreras, Matsui, A-hole, Raul Mondesi, Jeff Weaver, and Geoffery the Giraffe has killed and is killing the Yankees.

Too bad its too late for george to turn over this new leaf!

Bash George all u want, god knows I have, but he does what it takes to win. He's willing to put his money where it matters and make it happen. Until these past 2 years, the Tigers didn't have that in an owner and it was misery. The Tigers jumped in payroll big time this year and it has the rest of the AL Central upset and worried, because now they have to follow suit. George may be an a$$hole, but he's an a$$hole who does what he has to do to put his team in position to win.

Everyone needs to chill the hell out, thinking the Yankees are going to continue this early season misery into August is insane. They'll be leading the AL East by mid may.

Can we stop the "George spends his own money" BS.

George has not spent a dime of his money on this team for quite sometime.

The Yanks reported they generate 384 million dollars. Their TV deal which is reportedly 70 million is actually about twice that. Of course when you own your own network it helps you to hide the actual value. :roll: In 2001, they spent roughly one third of their revenue on non-player expenses, assuming that is still true. at th every worst they are still clearing a nice 60 million a year.

The bottomline is George is not and has not spent his money on the team. Oh, he spends the team's money, but not his.

All these whiny pissant small-time owners and fans profess hatred and jealousy of Steinbrenner and the Yankees. But they can't wait to get the Yanks in their house as often as possible for the sellouts, and none has ever turned down the revenue-sharing money the Yankees pay without complaint. And you Sawx fans really have to wake up that your team is as much a big-market team as the Yankees. Schilling didn't leave the desert to work at scale, nor Pedro before him leaving the Expos, nor Damon leaving Oakland nor Foulke leaving the White Sox, to take less. So please spare us the Tom Joad BS about the hardscrabble life of the Saawx' ledger sheet. At least our owner is going to get a new stadium instead of whining like a schoolgirl like the Sawx' owners or Cheapskate Freddy in Flushing.

As to the Yanks this year-get Robinson Cano and Wang up here, and that big reliever on Columbus. A-Rod is not even close to the problem.But if Giambi wants to cry like a schoolgirl about being asked to so demean himself to deign to use the whole field, tell him to get lost and write the goddamn check already. Because clealy this chump thinks his salary makes him bulletproof. And that attitude must stop now or this team really is doomed.

All these whiny pissant small-time owners and fans profess hatred and jealousy of Steinbrenner and the Yankees. But they can't wait to get the Yanks in their house as often as possible for the sellouts, and none has ever turned down the revenue-sharing money the Yankees pay without complaint. And you Sawx fans really have to wake up that your team is as much a big-market team as the Yankees. Schilling didn't leave the desert to work at scale, nor Pedro before him leaving the Expos, nor Damon leaving Oakland nor Foulke leaving the White Sox, to take less. So please spare us the Tom Joad BS about the hardscrabble life of the Saawx' ledger sheet. At least our owner is going to get a new stadium instead of whining like a schoolgirl like the Sawx' owners or Cheapskate Freddy in Flushing.

As to the Yanks this year-get Robinson Cano and Wang up here, and that big reliever on Columbus. A-Rod is not even close to the problem.But if Giambi wants to cry like a schoolgirl about being asked to so demean himself to deign to use the whole field, tell him to get lost and write the goddamn check already. Because clealy this chump thinks his salary makes him bulletproof. And that attitude must stop now or this team really is doomed.

*crickets*

Archived