Ride The Lightning

Maxman

I think if he kicks the FG, takes some points out of a very good drive, and takes the lead, the team is feeling good about it. Not getting any points was a real momentum killer. Miller got it back, but you dont know if that would have happened if we kick the FG, cuz everything changes everything.

Not to argue the issue anymore, but i will say that if I wasnt bustin balls on Mangin'is decision to forego the FG, Tx would have been all over it all week. So, it was either me or him being the protagonist on this.

I hear ya, this is all speculation, and we're just having fun. ;)

Three people watch a car accident, and they all give a different version- right down to make, model, and color of the cars.

But Tex, you Boozer, and Jetcane already stated that there was no way the Jets D was going to "come up with some big stops".

But they did just that- on the 3rd down where Miller got flagged. That was the stop they needed. Make them punt there, and the Jets win the game.

Sure, all of this is hypothetical, because every play changes everything. We don't know what would have happened if Miller isn't flagged-

I can only assume what would have happened base on everything that happened after that, assuming Miller isn't flagged.

I think the Miller play was a second down play.l

You cant assume everything else happens the same way, b/c it doesnt.

I wasnt agreeing with Tex and Booz that the D couldnt make big stops- like I said, I was agreeing with the interpreation that you wrote that the penalty on Miller essentially caused the game to be lost.

I think the Miller play was a second down play.l

You cant assume everything else happens the same way, b/c it doesnt.

I wasnt agreeing with Tex and Booz that the D couldnt make big stops- like I said, I was agreeing with the interpreation that you wrote that the penalty on Miller essentially caused the game to be lost.

You make a great point, but It's my opinion:

The flag on Miller was the turning point in the game; the deciding factor in favor of the Colts. You take those seven points away from the Colts, regardless of everything that happened in the next 8 minutes, and the Jets win the game.

That's my only point. The Jets win if not for that flag.

But Tex, you Boozer, and Jetcane already stated that there was no way the Jets D was going to "come up with some big stops".

But they did just that- on the 3rd down where Miller got flagged. That was the stop they needed. Make them punt there, and the Jets win the game.

Sure, all of this is hypothetical, because every play changes everything. We don't know what would have happened if Miller isn't flagged-

I can only assume what would have happened base on everything that happened after that, assuming Miller isn't flagged.

JM,

With all due respect, Miller should have been flagged for pass interference.

As Booz and Jetcane stated, he was clutching and grabbing the WR the whole time. Did you watch the replay? You just can't do that and expect to get away with it, especially at that point in the game.

So the bottom line is this, the Jets defense DID NOT stop the Colts (due to a PI call) when they had a great opportunity.

You can come up with as many hypothetical situations as you want, but the fact remains, the Jets D did not shut them down.

JM,

With all due respect, Miller should have been flagged for pass interference.

As Booz and Jetcane stated, he was clutching and grabbing the WR the whole time. Did you watch the replay? You just can't do that and expect to get away with it, especially at that point in the game.

So the bottom line is this, the Jets defense DID NOT stop the Colts (due to a PI call) when they had a great opportunity.

You can come up with as many hypothetical situations as you want, but the fact remains, the Jets D did not shut them down.

Fair enough. You see it one way, I see it another.

There is no doubt in my mind Manning's sole intention was to get a flag thrown, and he got one. But let's not argue whether or not it was a legitimate call-

Let's say the Colts have to punt on that drive. My other two points were-

The Jets would have won the game IN SPITE OF A SHTTY DEFENSE (particularly run defense)

and

The Jets did not lose the game because Mangini forsaken the FG.

I think I made a valid case for those two points, and I have no problem that other people see it differently. In the end, the judges decide, and right now the Jets are 2-2. ;)

I just wish Jax won against the Skins, because it will make it that much tougher getting to 3-2.

That's cool, that's what I thought you wrote, as did Tx.

And if not for the flag, the Canes beat OSU in the 2003 fiesta Bowl.

Exactly. It doesn't matter whether the flag was legit or not, or whether you or I think it was or wasn't-

The flag changed the outcome of the game. And that sucks any time it happens, not just when it happens to your team. Last year in the playoffs, I thought it would have been a crime if the Steelers lost to the Colts on that BS call by the refs.

Exactly. It doesn't matter whether the flag was legit or not, or whether you or I think it was or wasn't-

The flag changed the outcome of the game. And that sucks any time it happens, not just when it happens to your team. Last year in the playoffs, I thought it would have been a crime if the Steelers lost to the Colts on that BS call by the refs.

Then I owe you an apology JetMo.

I didn't read it that way.

Other than this confusion, very good article.

Keep them coming.;)

Then I owe you an apology JetMo.

I didn't read it that way.

Other than this confusion, very good article.

Keep them coming.;)

No apology necessary. I enjoy the feedback- good or bad, it's nice that somebody read it. :)

It's not easy writing these stories; you have two or three key points you want to make and have them work together; you edit the sht out of it, and then you see a point that needs further clarification- so you type more. Then you have to re-edit. I try to keep it down to one page.

No apology necessary. I enjoy the feedback- good or bad, it's nice that somebody read it. :)

It's not easy writing these stories; you have two or three key points you want to make and have them work together; you edit the sht out of it, and then you see a point that needs further clarification- so you type more. Then you have to re-edit. I try to keep it down to one page.

JetMo I know how hard it is to write an article and express your thoughts and opinions-great job by you and anyone else that takes the time and effort to do so.

Archived