New Yankees Stadium? What's your thoughts?

The Gun Of Bavaria

I am excited for the stadium but it sucks to think that it will be moved...even just a few feet. Although if they don't win it all this year I will really think that Mystique and Aura have already left.

The stadium is still functional. But having a new park will be cool. I like the retro design for the front wall.

And with the prices that they charge you, it might as well all be brand new!

Yeah I hear ya. I was torn when it came to Tiger Stadium. One on ehand you have a historic park with the best Tigers memories having occurred inside of them. There was no better place to 'feel' a baseball game, you were almost right on top of the action. You walked in that place and it was almost like going back in time for a game. But then you went to take a leak in a cramped ass bathroom, get a dog in a narrow ass concourse, or took a seat behind a support beam with peeling paint and realized that everything has to eventually change.

Yeah I hear ya. I was torn when it came to Tiger Stadium. One on ehand you have a historic park with the best Tigers memories having occurred inside of them. There was no better place to 'feel' a baseball game, you were almost right on top of the action. You walked in that place and it was almost like going back in time for a game. But then you went to take a leak in a cramped a$$ bathroom, get a dog in a narrow a$$ concourse, or took a seat behind a support beam with peeling paint and realized that everything has to eventually change.

The concessions are bad at Yankee stadium. Real bad. You can lose a few innings in line on a bad day.

Also parking is terrible. If they don't improve that I won't be happy.

Kind of weird to think that the Jets, Giants and Yankees will all have new stadiums in a few years. The Mets are like the youngest child. By the time they put their hand out and ask for theirs the wallet will be empty.

Although the Yankees are paying for the stadium themselves. NY is picking up the mass transit improvements though.

Yanks fans, I was just reading that the Yanks might be building a new home pretty soon, just curious how u all feel about it? I know the pain of watching one of the most historic ballparks in baseball (Tigers Stadium) come to a close.
waste of time to get upset at this point. it sounds like a done deal. very much a catch 22. tearing down the most famous sports building in the US almost seems criminal. still, recreating the original yankee stadium is pretty amazing. plus, keeping it a few hundred yards from the original site takes away some of the sting. is their any chance that the old ballpark can be considered a national monument & avoid being torn down??

What you guys don't want is for that shrine to baseball to be still standing 6 years after it replacement, rotting away, slowly being destroyed by the elements, because the city doesn't want to do something with it. Tigers stadium is slowly becoming another eye sore in Detroit and it's a disgrace. The field is overgrown, the place is falling apart, and yet the city, who has floated the idea of making it into just about everything but the new UN, refuses to tear it down.

I wish I got to a game at the old Tiger Stadium. I'll always remember those Cecil Fielder roof shots.

There was nothing like it bro, nothing. I can't emphasize just how great of a park it was to catch a game at. The Big Daddy roof shots were the best. Nothing better then watching the ball bounce off the roof and out of the park.

The bleachers were gigantic, both upper and lower deck and were home to some rowdy times. At one point the bleachers were closed due to rowdy behavior. And the best part, they were caged in, you could only get into the bleachers through one set of gates and one you were in you couldn't jump seats. It was like a party in the bleachers at times. Everything was so close you could hear everything. If you yelled at a player they heard it.

Archived