OFFICIAL YANKEES vs. TIGERS THREAD - GAME 3

The Gun Of Bavaria

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This has NOTHING to do with either cashman or torre. this is about a bunch of GAGGING players. PERIOD. Cashman built the best team in baseball. He can't go up there and make sure they don't choke.

LOL -- if they were the best team, they wouldn't have choked. But the sun will come out tomorrow and they have another chance.

I am still confident. I think Bruce summed it up best,

"Show a little faith, there's magic in the night,

she ain't a beauty but she's alright!"

Um. Ok, I don't want Willie. Willie = Torre. Give me Joe Girardi -- I don't want Torre to be fired, he doesn't deserve that, but he needs to step down and let Girardi get the job.

Wrong Girardi = Lou Piniella. Remember how THAT worked out?

Maybe you didn't notice, but Willie did a nice job over in Queens.

BTW - I agree that Torre does not deserve to be fired. He needs to hang 'em up, though.

I dunno, I never saw Girardi pull a base up and walk away.

Willie did do a good job, technically, I think his lineup carried him through the season. Not to say he's BAD, but Girardi took a team full of low-paid rookies and stayed in the wild card hunt for a while. Girardi should be NL manager of the year.

And Torre should probably be AL manager of the year. He did an amazing job, but he's blowing it in the post-season again. Torre didn't have the nuts to stick with the line-up that got him here, to stick with the small-ball philosophy.

Home-runs are nice, but you can't build a championship on nothing but the long-ball.

Kenny Rogers pitched GREAT tonight. AMAZINGLY, that curve was KILLING us, but it only worked because our lineup that was patient as hell all year, wasn't tonight. We weren't moving runners at all, because everyone was counting on our "great" lineup to bring the runner in with a homerun, or a double, etc.

Crap-ball. Painful to watch the team struggle. We don't need Melky, we need his playing-style.

BTW - I agree that Torre does not deserve to be fired. He needs to hang 'em up, though.

Guy has 2 ex-wives and a current model, child support galore, houses in Westchester and Hawaii. Don't think he's making this kind of money unless he's managing. He may not be fired but he's going to need a really hard push. Girardi is a whole lot sharper than Piniella, as a catcher knows pitching and knows the Yankees. It may not be that Torre failed so much as everyone's a little to comfortable.

Allowing Kenny Rogers chicken to DOMINATE you in the playoffs is the equivalent of blowing the 3-0 series lead to the Sox in 2004. Its that bad and pathetic. Kenny Rogers is a total junk baller and the Yankees chased his junk at the plate all night long. Seriously, the Yanks looked like they had no interest in the game other than getting it over with as quickly as possible with th eway they swung at everythign 5 inches off the plate. This is completely pathetic.

Not trying to single the kid out because they all stunk lastnight, but this is why I never warmed up to Robinson Cano. He always reminded me of Soriano. A free swinger with little disicipline at the plate, thats ok in the regular season when you beat up on #4 and #5 pitchers, but you run into trouble with that stuff in the post season.

Maybe one of these days we'll get a right fielder who is willing to dive face first for a ball. Abreu has to go all out for that blooper in the 2nd inning. Guys like Oneil catch it with their friggin mouth if they have too. We saw the same crap with Sheffield in game 5 last year. GUyst just arent going all out.

Somebody better splash a hot espresso over Torre's face and tell him to get up and rally the troops. This is is a total disgrace in the making.

I think Jaret Wright will turn in 5-6 gritty innings today, this O better wake up immediately, if not, sooner.

Archived