That was fun. Now expect change.

Barton

Cashman stays - this guy knows what he is doing. His team won the division by 10 games and he put out a great team on paper. Not his fault the players dont execute. We finally have a guy that is willing to keep our young players which will payoff a year from now or 2.

Torre - Thanks for 4 WS championships. But your super allstar team hasnt won in 6 years. I fully expect him to be gone. I wont blame him for everything because he doesnt want to play this style of baseball, but forceful decisions from big stein 3 years ago have changed Torres managing style, which is unfair. But tuff sh#t, you got allstars at every position, make due with it or get the F out. So get the F out.

Arod - hahaaha cya later bucko. Thanks for NOTHING. Yankees will get a top end pitcher for this bum or at least a very good player + a good prospect.

Sheffield - option not picked up. Good riddance, loser.

Randy Johnson - please retire.

Mike Mussina - I'd like to see him back, but if we replace him with Zito I'd like it.

==========

This team will be younger and the payroll will definetly be below 200million next year, maybe below 180. That trend will continue as the Yankees prospects find their way to the big leagues.

i dont see a-rod being traded, his contract is way too large to get by for a team not named the Yankees

torre really confuses me with the matsui-in-left and sheff-at-first thing, i thought he did an amazing job this regular season at coaching, and he goes and makes a stupid chemistry-changing move in this, im split on that. i mean torres been the man in his tenior here, but he knows hes on thin ice and goes and screws stuff up.

bring back Moose and Randy, Randy is still better than any other #4 pitcher we could bring in and we can eat that salary.

i dont see a-rod being traded, his contract is way too large to get by for a team not named the Yankees

torre really confuses me with the matsui-in-left and sheff-at-first thing, i thought he did an amazing job this regular season at coaching, and he goes and makes a stupid chemistry-changing move in this, im split on that. i mean torres been the man in his tenior here, but he knows hes on thin ice and goes and screws stuff up.

bring back Moose and Randy, Randy is still better than any other #4 pitcher we could bring in and we can eat that salary.

Texas pays about 8 per or so, Yankees pay about 17 per for Arod.

Yankees throw in about 2 or 3 per for the contract, and his next team will only pay 14 which is a bargain for his production, and the Angels would probably do it without the Yankees chipping in.

Randy Johnson is done. And I think he should retire. 43 and a herniated disc in his back. Peace out, Randy and your 17mill option.

Texas pays about 8 per or so, Yankees pay about 17 per for Arod.

Yankees throw in about 2 or 3 per for the contract, and his next team will only pay 14 which is a bargain for his production, and the Angels would probably do it without the Yankees chipping in.

Randy Johnson is done. And I think he should retire. 43 and a herniated disc in his back. Peace out, Randy and your 17mill option.

and what would we get in return from anaheim? garbage, because they aren't giving up Vlad

not that i'm in favor of trading a-rod, because i certainly dont think he'll have another "offyear" in 2007m but if we do trade him then i expect all-star talent in return

The one rumor that was on the Fox pregame-A-rod for Oswalt. Sign up for that yesterday.But if A-rod comes back, make it clear to everyone-the guy is fragile; support him, period. Thought the one thing you can knock Jeter for is not being 100% behind him, though don't know if it makes a difference anyway.

If Mussina's reasonable, sign him for a year and an option. Otherwise he can go. Get Philip Hughes up-period, end of story, enough old washed up Wright/Lidle/Leiter/Pavano crap. Could Hughes have been any worse?

And talk to Piniella and Girardi and make a decision which one is a better fit. Torre is never going to be a strategic genius, but he has managed egoes. But may be the problem is in part too much catering to egoes rather than telling guys like A-rod to get their heads out of their a$$es and play.

bugg, hughes only turned 20 recently i think, i dont think it would've been right to play him this year, he needed a little more minor league time under his belt to build his confidence

next year though, hell yes we gotta bring him up, hes doing too good down there and wright sucks

and what would we get in return from anaheim? garbage, because they aren't giving up Vlad

not that i'm in favor of trading a-rod, because i certainly dont think he'll have another "offyear" in 2007m but if we do trade him then i expect all-star talent in return

The Angels could offer up Edwin Santana, that 1b Kendricks and who knows what else.

Whatever. Arod just has to go. Bottom line.

The one rumor that was on the Fox pregame-A-rod for Oswalt. Sign up for that yesterday.But if A-rod comes back, make it clear to everyone-the guy is fragile; support him, period. Thought the one thing you can knock Jeter for is not being 100% behind him, though don't know if it makes a difference anyway.

If Mussina's reasonable, sign him for a year and an option. Otherwise he can go. Get Philip Hughes up-period, end of story, enough old washed up Wright/Lidle/Leiter/Pavano crap. Could Hughes have been any worse?

And talk to Piniella and Girardi and make a decision which one is a better fit. Torre is never going to be a strategic genius, but he has managed egoes. But may be the problem is in part too much catering to egoes rather than telling guys like A-rod to get their heads out of their a$$es and play.

Arod for Oswalt? I'd make that deal in a blink of an eye.

I do worry alittle about Oswalt though, he's a small guy, could have arm problems down the road maybe. Who really knows though.

Could also see Arod for Dontrelle Willis.

I wouldnt mind seeing us go after Ben Sheets either.

Cashman stays - this guy knows what he is doing. His team won the division by 10 games and he put out a great team on paper. Not his fault the players dont execute. We finally have a guy that is willing to keep our young players which will payoff a year from now or 2.

After calming down, yeah, he did do good this year.

Torre - Thanks for 4 WS championships. But your super allstar team hasnt won in 6 years. I fully expect him to be gone. I wont blame him for everything because he doesnt want to play this style of baseball, but forceful decisions from big stein 3 years ago have changed Torres managing style, which is unfair. But tuff sh#t, you got allstars at every position, make due with it or get the F out. So get the F out.

Joe is a great manager when he's managing a team without 9 all-stars, but he lets the Veteran all-stars do what they like, which hasn't been working. I don't think he deserves to be fired, he gave us one hell of an 11 year run, but if we keep giving him all-star teams, he's not going to win. I'd like someone to give him two options: 1) get stricter with the veterans or 2) retire (so we can hire girardi).

Arod - hahaaha cya later bucko. Thanks for NOTHING. Yankees will get a top end pitcher for this bum or at least a very good player + a good prospect.

I still would love to see ARod break all the records he is going to break in NY, but there is no way he can handle the pressure from the NY media and fans. Rumor I heard is that he would accept a trade to Florida: ARod + Cash to Florida for Cabrera. Miguel Cabrera is a good young player who I think would be a more balanced addition to the line-up. I'd be satisfied with the Yankees making that deal.

Sheffield - option not picked up. Good riddance, loser.

He wanted a ring, I loved that about him, but he was a pain in the ass, and he didn't deliver. PEACE OUT.

Randy Johnson - please retire.

After they sign Barry Zito, Randy will be a fine #5 starter.

Mike Mussina - I'd like to see him back, but if we replace him with Zito I'd like it.

Keep Mussina, add Zito anyway. Wright/Lidle/Pavano, pack your bags, bitches.

This team will be younger and the payroll will definetly be below 200million next year, maybe below 180. That trend will continue as the Yankees prospects find their way to the big leagues.

THIS BETTER HAPPEN. The Yankees won't win until we start REALLY committing to a Youth movement. We should go after Zito, and try to dump Wright/Lidle/Pavano's dead weight. ARod has a no-trade, and I don't know where he would approve a trade to -- I like him, but he's bad for chemistry, and if we can get Miguel Cabrera, I'd be happy to do that deal.

I think someone else has to go to get pitching though, and frankly, I've been saying it a while -- Matsui to Seattle for Felix Hernandez would make my day. Matsui has a no-trade too, so who knows.

Andy Phillips isn't an answer at First Base. Eric Duncan has been hot and cold in the minors, but he might be worth tossing into the fire to see how he responds. I don't think we have another 1B prospect, but maybe he can platoon with Phillips or Wilson.

Lets keep an eye on Jose Tabata as an eventual replacement for Abreu, when he moves on too.

If we have a good offseason (rebuilding, finally), I'll be happy with any effort next season. If we just reload as usual, I'm going to be pissed. Old busted "All-Stars" are great, but a hometown hero is something special.

Torre goes if he retires. Cashman might not have a choice in the matter.

The thing that bugs me about Cashman is this -- Pavano and Wright.

cashman has been one of best GMs for years,, no one is perfect. to be a great GM you have to be adventerous which means some mistakes..

Archived