Sign in to follow this  
Bugg

Congratulations 2006 Detroit Tigers and fans

Yep. They earned it, for sure. Good luck the rest of the way.

The celebration they are having with the fans is awesome. Well done Tigers.

Enjoy it Tigers fans. You guys deserve it. The Yankees on the other hand, deserve to be playing golf.

The celebration they are having with the fans is awesome. Well done Tigers.

Wow, I have never seen anyone celebrate a Division series like this...but you no what....it's great. Good for them.

To see them share it with the fans, that was AWESOME!

I hope Guns and Mav were there.

Wow, I have never seen anyone celebrate a Division series like this...but you no what....it's great. Good for them.

It's been 20 years since they were in the playoffs so they deserve it.

I think I saw GOB trying to kiss Leyland.

Complete and thorough @ss whuppin from about the 5 inning of game 2 to tonight.

Congrats to the Tigers and their fans.

Yea...the better pitching staff won. The Tigers have a couple legit Aces on that staff. Good luck the rest of the way.

Thanks for the congrats guys. The Tigers played a great game. They were hungry and they wanted it, and I think taht was the difference. Hopefully, we'll be able to pull it out against teh A's and get to the WS. But hopefully, they'll take it one step at a time. I can't begin to tell you how stoked I am right now.

Just got back from the U. Mich. - Mich. State game in Ann Arbor. Wow what a night for sports in this neck of the woods.

Thanks all for being class acts all the way. Let's hope the Tigers can keep this one going.

Enjoy it Tigers fans. You guys deserve it. The Yankees on the other hand, deserve to be playing golf.

I'll add my congratulations to the Tigers and their fans. They certainly out played the Yanks, but I don't think the Yankees should be allowed to play golf this offseason.

Congrats to the Tigers and their fans. Good luck the rest of the way.

GOB and Mav, enjoy the win!

Congrats to the Tigers and their fans. Good luck the rest of the way.

GOB and Mav, enjoy the win!

Thank you to the Tigers for exposing the Yanks pitching staff for the fraud it was this year. Time to clean house of the old arms thanks to you guys. Best of luck - I hate the A's and all of the teams left in the NL.

Thank you to the Tigers for exposing the Yanks pitching staff for the fraud it was this year. Time to clean house of the old arms thanks to you guys. Best of luck - I hate the A's and all of the teams left in the NL.

Beans for Yankees GM,,

he has been warning of Yank pitching all year

Indeed.

Congrats to the Tigers & G.O.B. and Mavrik. Beat the A's.

I'm rooting for the Tigers the rest of the way since I was born in Detroit.

Mets fans, why are you in this thread?:character42:

Congrats to the Detroit Tigers and the resident Tiger fans.

That was 19 years of frustration coming to a head. There are many fans who have stuck with them through all the s*** they have gone through the last 13-14 years. I think the Tigers sharing this with the fans is absolutely perfect.

That was 19 years of frustration coming to a head. There are many fans who have stuck with them through all the s*** they have gone through the last 13-14 years. I think the Tigers sharing this with the fans is absolutely perfect.

Agree was one of the best things I have ever seen especially compared to team corporate across the field.

That's what sports is all about.

Just saw the highlights of yesterdays Tigers win.

Rogers is unconcious right now. Never seen him this amped up.

If the Mets go against Rogers n the WS, expect a shallacking on mr.kenny

He will choke again, this time on the biggest stage.

Hell, the cardinals will give him a spanking too.

He will choke again, this time on the biggest stage.

Hell, the cardinals will give him a spanking too.

Just like against the Yankees and A's? :rolleyes:

If the Mets dont make it to the WS, I will be rooting for the Tigers.

I thought the Mets were an inferior NL team?

Don't let your hatred for Rogers distort the "facts". He may have been terrible in NY (for both NYC teams), but he's absolutely on fire right now.

I thought the Mets were an inferior NL team?

Don't let your hatred for Rogers distort the "facts". He may have been terrible in NY (for both NYC teams), but he's absolutely on fire right now.

I always said the Mets were decent.

Sure they cant hang with the AL, but they can still get lucky and win a couple games!

Seriously though. You never know once you get to the WS, nothing else matters. The Tigers could go into a shell, and the Mets bats could all of a sudden wake up and get better starting pitching.

Over the course of the regular season, I am pretty damn sure the Mets would be, at best, the 5th best team in the AL. Tigers, Yanks, White Sox, Twins are all better. After that, its even with teams like the A's, red sox, jays, angels, jays etc etc

Gotta get past the lowly cardinals first though.

Sure they cant hang with the AL, but they can still get lucky and win a couple games!

Seriously though. You never know once you get to the WS, nothing else matters. The Tigers could go into a shell, and the Mets bats could all of a sudden wake up and get better starting pitching.

Over the course of the regular season, I am pretty damn sure the Mets would be, at best, the 5th best team in the AL. Tigers, Yanks, White Sox, Twins are all better. After that, its even with teams like the A's, red sox, jays, angels, jays etc etc

Exactly how are the Twins and White Sox better? Johan Santana's the only decent pitcher in '06 between EITHER team.

Exactly how are the Twins and White Sox better? Johan Santana's the only decent pitcher in '06 between EITHER team.

You're joking right?

1st of all, Johan Santana is a huge advantage. Plus, they had Liriano for the majority of the year until he got knocked out. Plus, the twins have a much better bullpen than the Mets. "decent pitcher" LOL.

Who did the Mets have in their rotation in 2006? Nobody but Glavine. Pedro was nonexistant, and everyone else sucks.

The White Sox have Garland, Contreras,, Buerhle and Garcia. And while Buerhle had a down year, he's still pretty decent. 1-5 this staff is deep, cant even say that about the Mets before falling over and laughing.

Barton, I know it's hard for you to take but the 4 best teams in MLB are still playing. Twist it ,spin it any way you like but that is a fact.

The Yanks were a over rated disgrace yet AGAIN and even the most homeristic of fans(HAM) has agreed on that.

Stop trying to act like any Mets success is soley because they are in the NL. Both the Cards and Mets would have swept the Yankee team we watched play the Tigers.

Barton, I know it's hard for you to take but the 4 best teams in MLB are still playing. Twist it ,spin it any way you like but that is a fact.

The Yanks were a over rated disgrace yet AGAIN and even the most homeristic of fans(HAM) has agreed on that.

Stop trying to act like any Mets success is soley because they are in the NL. Both the Cards and Mets would have swept the Yankee team we watched play the Tigers.

LOL no they wouldnt have. The Tigers didnt even sweep the Yankees, so you're saying the cardinals and mets would? They're both better than the Tigers?

The 4 best teams in MLB - only 1 of them is still playing. Sometimes this happens, short series dont prove a team is better than another unless that team wins the world series. The best teams do not always make it through, surely you understand this. The best lineup in baseball couldnt hit a lick, so is the Mets, cardinals and tigers lineup better? The answer would be no.

A pitching rotation for the majority of the year that feature tom glavine as your ace, followed by 4 fringe pitchers, I think its safe to say the mets would have had a very hard time pitching in the american league. 1-9 the lineups in the AL are much stronger, and 1-8 the lineups in the AL are much stronger. If you dont see this, I think you're blind dude.

I'd like somebody to sit here and tell me that the bluejays pitching staff is not better than the mets, cardinals, padres and dodgers of 06'.

Tell me so. Thats 1-5 starters + bullpen. Oh and not to mention, the bluejays lineup is sick as well.

I got ya. You cannot possibly tell me otherwise.

Mets went into Toronto and took the series this season.

Play-off baseball is about more than a fantasy line-up. Things like bullpen, chemistry, defense and leadership are required.

The threads initiated by Yankee fans after their abrupt dismissal prove that after 6 seasons of watching that model of Yankee baseball fail, most fans now get it.

By the way, if the Mets were in the AL don't you think Omar would have constructed the roster accordingly?