Sign in to follow this  
Bugg

Congratulations 2006 Detroit Tigers and fans

Just saw the highlights of yesterdays Tigers win.

Rogers is unconcious right now. Never seen him this amped up.

If the Mets go against Rogers n the WS, expect a shallacking on mr.kenny

He will choke again, this time on the biggest stage.

Hell, the cardinals will give him a spanking too.

I thought the Mets were an inferior NL team?

Don't let your hatred for Rogers distort the "facts". He may have been terrible in NY (for both NYC teams), but he's absolutely on fire right now.

I always said the Mets were decent.

Sure they cant hang with the AL, but they can still get lucky and win a couple games!

Seriously though. You never know once you get to the WS, nothing else matters. The Tigers could go into a shell, and the Mets bats could all of a sudden wake up and get better starting pitching.

Over the course of the regular season, I am pretty damn sure the Mets would be, at best, the 5th best team in the AL. Tigers, Yanks, White Sox, Twins are all better. After that, its even with teams like the A's, red sox, jays, angels, jays etc etc

Gotta get past the lowly cardinals first though.

Exactly how are the Twins and White Sox better? Johan Santana's the only decent pitcher in '06 between EITHER team.

You're joking right?

1st of all, Johan Santana is a huge advantage. Plus, they had Liriano for the majority of the year until he got knocked out. Plus, the twins have a much better bullpen than the Mets. "decent pitcher" LOL.

Who did the Mets have in their rotation in 2006? Nobody but Glavine. Pedro was nonexistant, and everyone else sucks.

The White Sox have Garland, Contreras,, Buerhle and Garcia. And while Buerhle had a down year, he's still pretty decent. 1-5 this staff is deep, cant even say that about the Mets before falling over and laughing.

Barton, I know it's hard for you to take but the 4 best teams in MLB are still playing. Twist it ,spin it any way you like but that is a fact.

The Yanks were a over rated disgrace yet AGAIN and even the most homeristic of fans(HAM) has agreed on that.

Stop trying to act like any Mets success is soley because they are in the NL. Both the Cards and Mets would have swept the Yankee team we watched play the Tigers.

LOL no they wouldnt have. The Tigers didnt even sweep the Yankees, so you're saying the cardinals and mets would? They're both better than the Tigers?

The 4 best teams in MLB - only 1 of them is still playing. Sometimes this happens, short series dont prove a team is better than another unless that team wins the world series. The best teams do not always make it through, surely you understand this. The best lineup in baseball couldnt hit a lick, so is the Mets, cardinals and tigers lineup better? The answer would be no.

A pitching rotation for the majority of the year that feature tom glavine as your ace, followed by 4 fringe pitchers, I think its safe to say the mets would have had a very hard time pitching in the american league. 1-9 the lineups in the AL are much stronger, and 1-8 the lineups in the AL are much stronger. If you dont see this, I think you're blind dude.

I'd like somebody to sit here and tell me that the bluejays pitching staff is not better than the mets, cardinals, padres and dodgers of 06'.

Tell me so. Thats 1-5 starters + bullpen. Oh and not to mention, the bluejays lineup is sick as well.

I got ya. You cannot possibly tell me otherwise.

Mets went into Toronto and took the series this season.

Play-off baseball is about more than a fantasy line-up. Things like bullpen, chemistry, defense and leadership are required.

The threads initiated by Yankee fans after their abrupt dismissal prove that after 6 seasons of watching that model of Yankee baseball fail, most fans now get it.

By the way, if the Mets were in the AL don't you think Omar would have constructed the roster accordingly?

1st you have to get to the playoffs, which the bluejays would easily do in the NL.

This has nothing to do with the Yankees being beaten by the Tigers - nice spin attempt. But I said this time and time again during the regular season, the NL blows!

And you didnt answer the questions.....very telling I think

By the way, if the Mets were in the AL don't you think Omar would have constructed the roster accordingly?

Good point.

If the Mets were in the AL heading into last years offseason he surely would have picked up 2 more bats and 3 more good starters because he would have known the Mets wouldnt be able to make the playoffs in the AL with their pitching staff.

You can make the roster construction arguement about the bench, but in either league pitching is pitching. The mets do not have pitching in the rotation, and their bullpen features some shaky arms as well.

Barton, you told me the Jays staff was all invincible etc and I responded that the Mets took care of them rather easily in their house.

LOL that holds no weight. Thats a small sample size.

Hey, the royals swept the Yankees, I guess that means they're better than the Yankees.

Thats an icredibly weak rebuttal, GS.

And its not answering the question, its dodging it. Dodging the truth.

Which is the bluejays pitching staff of 06' trumps any pitching staff in the National League. There's nothing you can spin about it, toronto shows in every way that their pitching is deeper and stronger than any team in the NL.

You guys crack me up. That is all for now, class will be open tomorrow.

Bring crayons!

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company