Congratulations 2006 Detroit Tigers and fans

Bugg

Mets went into Toronto and took the series this season.

Play-off baseball is about more than a fantasy line-up. Things like bullpen, chemistry, defense and leadership are required.

The threads initiated by Yankee fans after their abrupt dismissal prove that after 6 seasons of watching that model of Yankee baseball fail, most fans now get it.

By the way, if the Mets were in the AL don't you think Omar would have constructed the roster accordingly?

1st you have to get to the playoffs, which the bluejays would easily do in the NL.

This has nothing to do with the Yankees being beaten by the Tigers - nice spin attempt. But I said this time and time again during the regular season, the NL blows!

And you didnt answer the questions.....very telling I think

1st you have to get to the playoffs, which the bluejays would easily do in the NL.

This has nothing to do with the Yankees being beaten by the Tigers - nice spin attempt. But I said this time and time again during the regular season, the NL blows!

Barton, you told me the Jays staff was all invincible etc and I responded that the Mets took care of them rather easily in their house.

By the way, if the Mets were in the AL don't you think Omar would have constructed the roster accordingly?

Good point.

If the Mets were in the AL heading into last years offseason he surely would have picked up 2 more bats and 3 more good starters because he would have known the Mets wouldnt be able to make the playoffs in the AL with their pitching staff.

You can make the roster construction arguement about the bench, but in either league pitching is pitching. The mets do not have pitching in the rotation, and their bullpen features some shaky arms as well.

Barton, you told me the Jays staff was all invincible etc and I responded that the Mets took care of them rather easily in their house.

LOL that holds no weight. Thats a small sample size.

Hey, the royals swept the Yankees, I guess that means they're better than the Yankees.

Thats an icredibly weak rebuttal, GS.

And its not answering the question, its dodging it. Dodging the truth.

Which is the bluejays pitching staff of 06' trumps any pitching staff in the National League. There's nothing you can spin about it, toronto shows in every way that their pitching is deeper and stronger than any team in the NL.

The Jays staff may be better than the Mets.

As a TEAM though Barton, the Mets are better. The teams that are presently golfing, etc are doing so for a reason. They are not among the 4 best teams in baseball and either the regular season or division series exposed one or more major weakness or flaws with their overall TEAM.

Now the Mets without Pedro and Duke presently have one of those flaws. The question is, are the other areas that currently make up the Mets TEAM strong enough to overcome the SP woes?

The question is, are the other areas that currently make up the Mets TEAM strong enough to overcome the SP woes?

Not if the bullpen falters.

Also, in game 1 the d was stellar; not so much last night, although Delgado made up for it with his bat. Good job by Wright on the bases last night.

They generally play good baseball, and have all season, but with two SPs out, the bullpen MUST come thru if they are to move on.

Hey guys,

Just got home from the stadium That is, by far, the best game I have seen, or probably will see in my life. I cannot begin to tell you how proud of them I am. I told my dad in the 7th how great it would be if they were to end it in the 9th, and sure enough maggs ends it. The place was absolute hysteria. People were in teh streets for about 2 hours after and Bob Seger and Kid Rock put on an impromptu concert next to the stadium at Cheli's. Friggin awesome.

Thanks to everyone for the congrats.

Mets went into Toronto and took the series this season.

Play-off baseball is about more than a fantasy line-up. Things like bullpen, chemistry, defense and leadership are required.

The threads initiated by Yankee fans after their abrupt dismissal prove that after 6 seasons of watching that model of Yankee baseball fail, most fans now get it.

POTW nominee..

a post that spells out the blindness some of these video fantasy baseball oriented fans see the world through

Barton...get a life. The fact of the Matter is that the Blue Jays play in the AL...sorry but that is life. We will see how the NL stacks up in the WS...

LL

Archived