When Cooler Heads Prevail..........

JonEJet

The above will finish behind the Orioles, and be lucky to win more than 72-75 games.

LOL!!! True.

No way they could make all those changes. But Cano batting 3rd and Posada 4th is a little extreme. Unless they are moving to the NL West I would imagine that lineup would have a hard time.

LOL!!! True.

No way they could make all those changes. But Cano batting 3rd and Posada 4th is a little extreme. Unless they are moving to the NL West I would imagine that lineup would have a hard time.

that lineup would still win the NL East im certain

but thats not much of an accomplishment

that lineup would still win the NL East im certain

but thats not much of an accomplishment

oh poor baby,,

does that make the choking defeat feel better,,

what a freakin sore loser you are,, unfreakin real,, grow up..

you never stop being one of the most juvenile posters on the board,,

oh poor baby,,

does that make the choking defeat feel better,,

what a freakin sore loser you are,, unfreakin real,, grow up..

you never stop being one of the most juvenile posters on the board,,

i will never stop my ruthless jabs at the mets until they win a world series

(which means i may have 3 weeks left)

i will never stop my ruthless jabs at the mets until they win a world series

(which means i may have 3 weeks left)

If that makes you feel better for annual Yank chokefest..

Even if Mets dont win WS, its still 100 to 98 and still counting :yahoo:

The above will finish behind the Orioles, and be lucky to win more than 72-75 games.

But the Yankees won't get rid of Giambi... Here's my proposed line-up:

CF Johnny Damon

SS Derek Jeter

RF Bobby Abreu

DH Jason Giambi

3B Miguel Cabrera

C Jorge Posada

2B Robinson Cano

LF Melky Cabrera

1B Wilson? Philips (lol Wilson Phillips)

Young guys, a couple vets. Guys who show up to play and to win. A well balanced lineup with plenty of defense. THIS lineup would win a world series.

LOL!!! True.

Posada can hit no higher than 5th, IMHO. Cano COULD hit 3rd, but that's going to be Abreu's spot -- he'll hit a few out, but he's been effective at wearing the pitcher down in that spot, he's got a good OBP and he takes a lot of pitches. I want him gone, but Giambi is in NY until his contract expires, so he's your #4 hitter, he still walks a lot and he can hit the ball out. Cabrera is a great young player and he'll do an excellent job of protecting Giambi in that lineup.

WRONG AGAIN dipshiiiiiit

BWHAHAHAHAH !!!!!

This is a good thing. I honestly thought that George and Joe would work out a deal and let Joe go out with dignity.

Well that didn't happen and if I were guys like A-Rod, Johnson, Mussina and I would start thinking about playing elsewhere or just flat out retire.

Torre coming back is a big mistake. You cannot keep trying to make it 1996 all over again. If Torre's bigest asset is manging egos, how do you justify him hanging A-rod out to dry in SI, or dropping him (and not anyone else) in the batting order?

A-rod cannot now come back. So you wind up dealing him cutrate for a mere bag of shells. ANd idea that you're getting Miguel Cabrera or some young flamethrower is beoynd laughable. Torre has diminished that asset. So you've turned an asset like Soriano into garbage in 3 years. Well done, Joe!

And that's after chasing the fool's gold of pitching that has become Big Eunuch/Lil'Carly/Wrong.And remember-we're here because Torre and Stott couldn't figure out what to do with Ted Lilly(a lefty in Yankee Stadium) and Jose Contreras(who won a title last year and started the All Star game this year), guys who became very-servicable major league starters ruined by Stott and Torre's "strikeouts are bad!" concept here- an idea that goes against every statistical analysis ever done on the subject.

Now the Yankees might get to the postseason again, but they aren't winning pooh until they stop this "real Yankee" 1996-2000 nostalgia trip. But it won't change the fact that Torre's time is past. He's too passive; he cannot run a bullpen to save his life. And he's too committed to "his guys". Bernie is a great player, but he's done.Playing Williams at all in the playoffs was just the latest example.

Lovely circle jerk in progress on 161st Street. One that's moving this franchise further from title#27.

Well that didn't happen and if I were guys like A-Rod, Johnson, Mussina and I would start thinking about playing elsewhere or just flat out retire.

I am pretty sure that ARod is not going to retire. Call it a hunch.

LOL!!! True.

Agreed... That proposed lineup would score about 4 runs a game and would be lucky wo win 80 in the AL. Why the hell would Florida want to trade Cabrera for Arod unless the yankees are willing to pick up most of Arod's money? Cabrera is 23-24 years old and isn't elligible for free agency if i am not mistaken. Arod is a better all around player granted, but Cabrera is a top 5 third basemen.

Archived